Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2012   #101
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
BTW, Dan Arnold is no little hack trainer. He has a long list of top NFL ( and other sport) athletes that routinely come to train with him at Plex in the offseason. Julius Peppers has been training with him for years.

http://www.plex.cc/Plex/draft.html

http://www.plex.cc/Plex/testimonials.html
Thanks for providing. I certainly would need to here the audio.

He is dogging UNC and UT and shows three horns and Peppers? As I mentioned, he is a trainer. Definitely not a PR guy.
Old 05-30-2012   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RUMOR: Dwight Jones WR quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Thanks for providing. I certainly would need to here the audio.

He is dogging UNC and UT and shows three horns and Peppers? As I mentioned, he is a trainer. Definitely not a PR guy.

I dug it up for you and others to hear accurately and in totality. Here's the "In the Trenches" segment that included the interview with Dan Arnold re D. Jones (begins at the 16 minute mark):

http://www.sports790.com/player/?sta...l&mid=22132850
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #103
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Kubiak leaves door open for Dwight Jones to return
Posted by Nick Scurfield on May 30, 2012 – 5:33 pm

Quote:
A day after rookie wide receiver Dwight Jones was a no-show at practice amid reports he had quit the team, Texans coach Gary Kubiak left the door open for him to return.

Kubiak was asked if any other receivers were absent on Wednesday aside from Jones, an undrafted free agent from North Carolina.

“Nobody quit (today),” Kubiak said, cracking a smile. “No, that’s tough. I talked to him (Jones) a couple times, and he had a good college career and he’s a talented young man. It’s a grind. It’s tough out here. Hopefully, he’ll get home and things will feel a little better about it and he’ll come back and give it another try someday. He’s a very good athlete.”

It’s uncommon for a player to up and quit (I can’t recall seeing it in the five-plus years I’ve been with the Texans), and it would seem even more peculiar for that player to reverse course and come back. Either way, it was a classy move by Kubiak to extend the olive branch during his post-practice meeting with the media.

As of now, Jones is still on the Texans’ roster. We’ll report back with any updates in the coming days and weeks.
Old 05-30-2012   #104
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Class handling of this by Kubes.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #105
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

When was the last time a udfa wash out got this much attention with the texans? Man needs to grow up. When he has to find a real job he might see how good he had it.
Old 05-30-2012   #106
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The quote I read, didn't sound like Kubiak said he could come back to the Texans...sounded like he was saying "maybe he'll take another shot at it some day..." meaning in-general.

I bet if he came back this week, Kubiak would let him. Past Friday, he'll be off the roster.
Old 05-30-2012   #107
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
When was the last time a udfa wash out got this much attention with the texans? Man needs to grow up. When he has to find a real job he might see how good he had it.
Very ignorant statement...... If the kid's heart isn't in it then why should he continue playing? Everybody criticizing him doesn't know what's in his heart. It's obvious he doesn't truly enjoy the game of football, so he doesn't need to play for me, you, or anyone else.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2012   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Very ignorant statement...... If the kid's heart isn't in it then why should he continue playing? Everybody criticizing him doesn't know what's in his heart. It's obvious he doesn't truly enjoy the game of football, so he doesn't need to play for me, you, or anyone else.
That sounds all nice and idealistic. You are assuming he has something he truly enjoys and has a talent to achieve. Lots of people don't have the skill to achieve what they truly believe they would enjoy. Lots of people are lazy and just not going to truly enjoy anything. So unless you have something lined up both in his mind and as a practical possibility then no it isn't ignorant to say he shouldn't walk away at this point. Working hard enough to ride the bench could set him up from league minimum alone to make more likely something he truly enjoys.
Old 05-30-2012   #109
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That sounds all nice and idealistic. You are assuming he has something he truly enjoys and has a talent to achieve. Lots of people don't have the skill to achieve what they truly believe they would enjoy. Lots of people are lazy and just not going to truly enjoy anything. So unless you have something lined up both in his mind and as a practical possibility then no it isn't ignorant to say he shouldn't walk away at this point. Working hard enough to ride the bench could set him up from league minimum alone to make more likely something he truly enjoys.
For what though? If he doesn't want to play then he doesn't want to play! It doesn't make sense for him to try busting his butt if it's not in his heart. I know plenty of guys that could have played professionally but they just didn't love the game enough to put in the work every day. I don't knock them for it. People are saying he's stupid and immature. Maybe people need to realize that he just doesn't have passion for the game. I know a bunch more like him if that's the case.
Old 05-30-2012   #110
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

I hate when people say "If it was me I'd kill for the chance to play in the NFL". People don't live or play the game for YOU! Let this kid make whatever decision he wants to make and live his OWN life.
Old 05-30-2012   #111
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For what though? If he doesn't want to play then he doesn't want to play! It doesn't make sense for him to try busting his butt if it's not in his heart. I know plenty of guys that could have played professionally but they just didn't love the game enough to put in the work every day. I don't knock them for it. People are saying he's stupid and immature. Maybe people need to realize that he just doesn't have passion for the game. I know a bunch more like him if that's the case.
It's called practicality and taking advantage of opportunity. Did he graduate? - is his plan to go back if not. Was his degree in anything useful that "he has heart" for or did he just pick something which sounded easy and is now useless? Does he understand the unemployment rate right now?

We don't know all of the answers to these type questions and if he has a well established plan with a reasonable means of success which will make him truly happy them more power to him. If he is just walking off from $250 k without a plan other than to go live with his mom until maybe getting a menial job while he figures out what he enjoys then he is a dumbass regardless of how much he enjoys the game.
Old 05-30-2012   #112
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See my correction. Sorry for the confusion.. I meant to write NORTH Carolina.
Damn Doc Sean, I thought you had your ****e together!!!!
Old 05-30-2012   #113
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In this case, it appears likely due to the little fish in the big pond conversion. It takes much more work for that formerly big fish to survive with all the bigger fish nipping at his tail.
Old 05-30-2012   #114
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It's called practicality and taking advantage of opportunity. Did he graduate? - is his plan to go back if not. Was his degree in anything useful that "he has heart" for or did he just pick something which sounded easy and is now useless? Does he understand the unemployment rate right now?

We don't know all of the answers to these type questions and if he has a well established plan with a reasonable means of success which will make him truly happy them more power to him. If he is just walking off from $250 k without a plan other than to go live with his mom until maybe getting a menial job while he figures out what he enjoys then he is a dumbass regardless of how much he enjoys the game.
For such a smart guy I'm surprised you're taking this stance. I feel pretty strong about this for certain reasons, but this guy doesn't need to explain anything to anyone. If he feels like its not something he wants to pour his all into then no one should question that.
Old 05-30-2012   #115
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In this case, it appears likely due to the little fish in the big pond conversion. It takes much more work for that formerly big fish to survive with all the bigger fish nipping at his tail.
Then you know what that tells me? He doesn't love the game like LeStar Jean or Holliday to push through the bad times. So why keep putting yourself through something when you don't love it? Because Cak says you should? I'm with him if he's not 100 percent bought in.
Old 05-30-2012   #116
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
For such a smart guy I'm surprised you're taking this stance. I feel pretty strong about this for certain reasons, but this guy doesn't need to explain anything to anyone. If he feels like its not something he wants to pour his all into then no one should question that.
He probably, then, should have thought about it a little bit more before making his public comments.
Old 05-30-2012   #117
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He probably, then, should have thought about it a little bit more before making his public comments.
To be the next Andre Johnson? I think he was trying to convince himself at that point. Everything I've read about this kid suggests that he's not a hard worker and hasn't put his all into the game. That leads me to believe that he never really wanted it.
Old 05-30-2012   #118
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

I dug this major thread on the NC forum. It is worth following it through the entirel 3 pages (3rd page best)........entertaining and informative. Looks like his recent actions could have been predicted.........and evidently was by at least 31 NFL teams.

Undrafted Dwight Jones: Poster boy for UNC Underachievement
Old 05-30-2012   #119
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else take solace in the fact that the Texans have become a team that demands a high work ethic to succeed?

Personally, I'm ecstatic. Whether D. Jones decides to stop tucking it or not, I'm proud to be a Texans fan.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #120
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Does anyone else take solace in the fact that the Texans have become a team that demands a high work ethic to succeed?

Personally, I'm ecstatic. Whether D. Jones decides to stop tucking it or not, I'm proud to be a Texans fan.
+1. I agree.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read