Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Sims-Walker to work out for Texans

I'm with CND on this one. MSW has had extensive knee problems going back to college. I think we'll be seeing a string of WRs tried out here.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing wrong with taking a look see .... but I cant see him sticking here. Kiddie Corp's at WR or not.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
To add to my above injury history, His last knee injury last year required surgery. The knee injuries bother me since he tore the ACL in his left knee during college. The Jaguars put him on IR during his rookie season with a knee injury. He sprained his knee in 2008 and also suffered from staph infection in the left knee, causing him to miss three games. 2009 was a healthy year for him. Then in 2010, he didn't have knee problems, but did suffer a high ankle sprain late in the season.

..............just saying..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I looked up his stats in a sporting news fantasy mag I have. Hes ranked 55 overall among wideouts. Their assessment reads, "most likely a bench option no matter where he plays."
Sounds like a camp body to me.

I just hope A.J. is ready for camp so the younguns can see what WR perfection looks like
Old 05-28-2012   #24
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, if he impresses enough to be signed I'm fine with adding some depth and experience. Like others said, injuries are a concern but I guess if we don't have anywhere else to go and he's available and impresses, I'd be alright with them signing him.
Old 05-29-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd just as soon give this guy a call if I were looking for someone to challenge the rooks.

Maurice Stovall

Quote:
Grade - 57
Expert's Take:
Stovall is a big, strong wide receiver with above-average athleticism for the position. He has good balance and agility but lacks explosive speed and quickness as a route runner. He has reliable hands and a large receiving radius. He draws a crowd as an intermediate and short route runner, lacking burst to get separation. He can be a physical blocker on the perimeter using his length to stay connected. Stovall is more of a possession receiver and limited as far as how much he can contribute to the offense, but he has always been a very good core special-teams player.
"Reliable hands", a willing blocker, 6'-5", and a "very good core special-teams player"...? Now that's worth a look IMHO.

Heck, the only reason we even know who Sims-Walker is because he played for a division rival.
Old 05-29-2012   #26
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59253 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Like? 31 year old Donte Stallworth? 33 year old Deion Branch? Or how about 34 year old Chad Johnson (that's right, I call him Johnson). If these guys have anything left, they'll be catching passes from Brady.
IMO, Ochocinco has truggled in NE because he can not be himself. Yeah he is flamboyant at times, pops off at the mouth and uses Twitter worse than Arian. I think he would revitalize his career here. Only team mate he really ever had issues with was TO....he is friends with Dre and I think he would be a great fit.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Would that be without or with crutches?
At least he's on the bench, not in a wheelchair
Old 05-29-2012   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Sims-Walker got cut from the Jags and the Rams last year. Two teams with the worst WR's in the league.
Old 05-29-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Mike Sims-Walker got cut from the Jags and the Rams last year. Two teams with the worst WR's in the league.
Case closed!
Why is he here?
Does our ability to scout WRs suck that terribly?
Old 05-29-2012   #30
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope the Texans dont sign this guy. I just dont like him. For one thing, he is a former Glitter Kitty, he is injury prone... and he just sucks.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #31
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I really hope the Texans dont sign this guy. I just dont like him. For one thing, he is a former Glitter Kitty, he is injury prone... and he just sucks.
Don't beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #32
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply due dilligance. After June 1, we get our vet.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #33
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Don't beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel
I tried my best...

Old 05-29-2012   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want to open up old wounds, but is he the guy that caught the Hail Mary pass two years ago?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Burress want THAT much?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #36
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Don't want to open up old wounds, but is he the guy that caught the Hail Mary pass two years ago?
That was Mike Thomas.

Old 05-29-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Has he been signed or is this just a work out?

He may have an agent that is the agent of someone already on the team and the Texans are doing this as a scratch my back, I'll scratch your back kind of thing.

I really don't see any reason we'd be interested in him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #38
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd just as soon give this guy a call if I were looking for someone to challenge the rooks.

Maurice Stovall

"Reliable hands", a willing blocker, 6'-5", and a "very good core special-teams player"...? Now that's worth a look IMHO.

Heck, the only reason we even know who Sims-Walker is because he played for a division rival.
Mike sims walker has had two indivdual seasons better than the entire career of this clown.
Old 05-29-2012   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Case closed!
Why is he here?
Does our ability to scout WRs suck that terribly?
Texans have shown a propensity to regularly work out potential players throughout the season & during the offseason -- players who appear at face value to not have a chance & afterwards aren't called back.

I wonder if it's a practice to keep the talent evaluators busy, keep them "sharp", or keep them abreast of the market? Whichever, we've seen a lot of players pass through here for a look-see that doesn't amount to any more than that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #40
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Mike sims walker has had two indivdual seasons better than the entire career of this clown.
He's also had two seasons that were easily better than Jacoby's best for us. Folks in J'ville weren't happy when the Jags decided not to tender him after the 2010 season, and to me that's a better indicator than most.

I don't know about his current health, or the likelihood of future knee/shoulder problems, but I think that if health isn't a big issue, this is a guy who's proven he can make plays in the NFL, and as has been pointed out before, that's something that's sorely lacking right now. He'll come cheap, and he'll come for a one year deal. IMO, finding a spot on the 90 man roster for this guy and seeing what happens next wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read