Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2012   #21
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34789 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe it was 2010 where I had this guy as one of my big sleepers in fantasy football. I was really disappointed when he was picked before I could. I ended up getting lucky by not getting him.

But still... will be a nice pick up since he also has some return experience. He finds the hole and runs hard. Also a nice receiver. Will be happy to have him as the #3.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU

...and to think there was a time - in the not too distant past - when Forsett would have been in the running to start around here.

We have evolved.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Forsett: Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m); Weight: 198 lbs (90 kg)
Ward: Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m); Weight: 240 lbs (108.9 kg)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Forsett: Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m); Weight: 198 lbs (90 kg)
Ward: Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m); Weight: 240 lbs (108.9 kg)
Do the Texans believe Ward has anything left? He'll be 32 when the season begins and his ypc tumbled from 6.3 in 2010 to 3.4 in 2011. There's probably a reason why Ward is still unsigned in the league.
Old 05-26-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Do the Texans believe Ward has anything left? He'll be 32 when the season begins and his ypc tumbled from 6.3 in 2010 to 3.4 in 2011. There's probably a reason why Ward is still unsigned in the league.
That's a good point.

Ward might not even be on their radar. Also his lack of special teams involvement might be a factor too.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #26
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather have Forsett than Ward just for simple fact that Ward is getting old. Forsett won't really play much except on obvious passing downs. And knowing Kubiak would bust out the draw. Forsett would an upgrade in my opinion. not much but still..

I'm just surprised we're trying our a 3rd string running back and no receivers..
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like grimes, the udfa out of William and marry. I like what I saw on the field and off of it he seems like a character.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2012   #28
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like grimes, the udfa out of William and marry. I like what I saw on the field and off of it he seems like a character.
is he with the Dreads?
Old 05-26-2012   #29
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

nevermind I'm thinking of somebody else.
Old 05-26-2012   #30
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Touchdown View Post
I would rather have Forsett than Ward just for simple fact that Ward is getting old. Forsett won't really play much except on obvious passing downs. And knowing Kubiak would bust out the draw. Forsett would an upgrade in my opinion. not much but still..

I'm just surprised we're trying our a 3rd string running back and no receivers..
There doesn't seem to be many receivers out there right now (I think the patriots signed them all) and I have a feeling we'll see some when other teams make their first cuts.
Old 05-26-2012   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

We have evolved.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #32
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Justin Forsett could be a nice 3rd down contributor for us. Not that Foster couldn't handle that, but i still wouldn't mind if we picked him up.
Old 05-26-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I dunno, 240 lbs seems heavy to me?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I dunno, 240 lbs seems heavy to me?
I don't know that I would worry about that. He weighed ~235 pounds when he came out of college.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #35
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I blame Al Gore
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's a good point.

Ward might not even be on their radar. Also his lack of special teams involvement might be a factor too.
I think you hit the nail on the head there .... Ward adds nothing to ST.

The one thing that concerns me with Forsett is blitz pickup with an oft injured QB back there with him ....

Has to be a better option ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Touchdown View Post
As others have mentioned , not a lot out there right at WR.

This team survived last season with #80 missing 9 games and Pea Brain starting in his place .... They looked at a couple cheap options to fill the void but didnt put any real resources in it.

Once teams are forced to make some cuts , we may see a vet come in but I wouldnt count on it unless they believe the rookies wont get it done or there is a surprise player on the market for cheap. Thats not likely either .... Competition for FA WR's will push cost up. Lots of teams could use another productive reciever.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #37
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ward isn't getting a deal on the market to split carries. It just isn't going to happen. There are too many backs out there who are better. My guess is they bring him back to compete with the other guys for that 3rd spot. Forsett is only getting a workout right now keep in mind. To me his style fits well with what we do.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #38
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Ward isn't getting a deal on the market to split carries. It just isn't going to happen. There are too many backs out there who are better. My guess is they bring him back to compete with the other guys for that 3rd spot. Forsett is only getting a workout right now keep in mind. To me his style fits well with what we do.
Accept Gary demands his backs be competent blockers .... my 6 year old daughter can block as well as this dude.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #39
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Accept Gary demands his backs be competent blockers .... my 6 year old daughter can block as well as this dude.
I can't say that I've paid much attention to this when watching him so i'm sure you're right. Maybe a change of scenery will help him be more competitive in this area.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

forsett reminds me a whole lot of steve slaton... take that for what it's worth. i would like him as our #3 RB as long as we try to minimize his opportunities picking up the blitz.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read