Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU (signs june 2)

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
RB Justin Forsett will work out for the Texans on Wednesday, per league source.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Justin Forsett could be nice No. 3 back for #Texans. Veteran of ZBS, in NFL and going back to Cal. Excels in pass game. Poor man's Sproles.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB Justin Forsett will tryout for HOU

Nice. Maybe.

I liked him his first full year with the Seahawks but he never really fulfilled his promise after that. They brought in all those guys (like Lynch and Washington) and he never really got any traction.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

What's his worth on ST?

That's where our RB3 will make his living.
Old 05-25-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Nice. Maybe.

I liked him his first full year with the Seahawks but he never really fulfilled his promise after that. They brought in all those guys (like Lynch and Washington) and he never really got any traction.
He did pretty well his second time around with Seattle when given the starting role due to injuries.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #5
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Can run a bit, catch a bit, and play some special teams. A 3rd running back who can pick up a lot of all purpose yards for the limited playing time we'll give him. I'm cool with this if he makes the team.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Ward back as our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'd rather have Ward back and our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.
Same here. But he did show very good vision and seems to be a very able and willing blocker despite his size. He showed some good hands with Seattle.
His vision must be the thing that carries him, because he's not going to run away from many defenders for his speed alone with a 4.73 40 time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Same here. But he did show very good vision and seems to be a very able and willing blocker despite his size. He showed some good hands with Seattle.
His vision must be the thing that carries him, because he's not going to run away from many defenders for his speed alone with a 4.73 40 time.
Yeah, Forsett is definitely more quick than fast. His 40 time out of college shocked me though. There are some pretty decent backs sitting out there in free agency right now. Forsett is a guy that I think can be pretty good in a ZBS. Similar to Moats.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Can run a bit, catch a bit, and play some special teams. A 3rd running back who can pick up a lot of all purpose yards for the limited playing time we'll give him. I'm cool with this if he makes the team.
I agree with all what you wrote but also add he can not pick up a blitz.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd rather have Ward back as our 3rd RB, but wouldn't be upset about Forsett. If Foster or Tate were to go down I'd feel comfortable with him getting a few touches a game. If Jeff Demps fails to qualify for the Olympics I'd also invite him to camp.
Me too. My guess is Ward goes to a team that can give him more carries though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He did pretty well his second time around with Seattle when given the starting role due to injuries.
That was his first full year that I was talking about. I thought the kid had a future at that point.
Old 05-25-2012   #12
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Id rather have T Rose as president. Oh wait ........
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #13
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWGl9MRsIyU

Kinda tore up our D back then...
Old 05-25-2012   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Great as a 3rd down back, not a good blocker. I remember Cushing plowing him over a couple of years ago.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Great as a 3rd down back, not a good blocker. I remember Cushing plowing him over a couple of years ago.
Cushing has plowed over quite a few people...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a one cut runner. Was once a decent returner. Forsett would be a very decent pickup.
Old 05-25-2012   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Cushing has plowed over quite a few people...
The mauling he gave Forsett was special. Check You Tube for Cushing mic'd up for the Seattle game. I'd link it if I weren't posting from my phone.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

The big thing Forsett gives us that Ward doesn't is that return ability.

I'd still feel better with Ward as our #3.
Old 05-26-2012   #19
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm liking the idea of having Forsett as our #3 RB. Although he won't see a whole lot of playin' time he'll definitely be good fit for the Texans system...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The big thing Forsett gives us that Ward doesn't is that return ability.

I'd still feel better with Ward as our #3.
I'd rather keep Ward as well. But if Ward leaves, Forsett could be a good 3rd back if one of the UDFA's doesn't snatch that spot.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read