Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Know It's a Bleacher Report, But..........

the facts as presented seem to be there.........and there has to be at least a semblance of concern over the "dynamic duo's" future together, even from the most loyal and the most optomistic. There are, indeed, some interesting facts that are not commonly put together.

BLEACHERREPORT: THE MATT AND ANDRE SHOW
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #2
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Know It's a Bleacher Report, But..........

So basically they copied AFCS Blog "Worst case" from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...narios#comment
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So basically they copied AFCS Blog "Worst case" from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...narios#comment
That would be tough since the BleacherReport was published the day before.
Old 05-24-2012   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That would be tough since the BleacherReport was published the day before.
Damn ESPN copying bleacher report! :p

Either way, I have been saying it in numerous threads today: the lack of WR depth is really starting to worry me.
Old 05-24-2012   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dont think either of these guys know what the hell their talking about.

I just cant see this team dropping off that bad.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

I agree. On NFL Radio today they talked that losing Winston was the biggest loss by any team this year. ReallY? Guy can run block but his pass protection was pretty damn bad. Same way they throw losing Mario out there.

No one else notice he didnt play 3/4's of the season?

The WR thing does concern me greatly. I have friends who do keep up with the whole league and their concerns are the same as mine. Schaubs health and the WR depth.
Old 05-24-2012   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Either way, I have been saying it in numerous threads today: the lack of WR depth is really starting to worry me.
Just now? I posted about my Kiddie Corner flashback fears with the WRs even before the draft.

But it's still May. There's plenty of time for either some moves to get some more experienced guys in here OR time for us to get these kids up to speed.

The thing is that WR is a position that frequently takes a few years to mature and develop. We've got some young talent there at WR. But it might not be ready fast enough.

Now, the word is that KW played through injuries last year. I don't know how true that is. But if he could get back to the player he was in 2008 (heck, I'd even settle for the player he was in 2010), we'll be OK.

But we also need our TE's to step up. We need OD and Casey to stay healthy. We need Garrett Graham to start producing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2012   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything can happen. Schaub and Johnson's injury history is something to think about, but there's nothing we can do about that. You hope players can step up in case of injuries and certainly last year that was the case.
Old 05-24-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

He makes okay points on Andre and Schaub, but when he starts babbling about the defense, that's when i stopped reading. These media people still think that Demeco and Mario were the centerpieces of our defense, so they must not have watched a single game of ours last season. That's ignorant at best.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #10
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

When he said a full of new faces on defense, he pretty much proved he is grasping at straws.

All I know is that defense dominated Baltimore in the playoffs, flat out dominated, how many sacks did they have? They lost Demeco and Allen. IMO Allen was only good at the deep pass, playing the run and the short stuff he was hardly sufficient. Kareem IMO is the better of the two, if he can just get better at locating the ball in deep patterns he would be completely solid. But on the run and short stuff Kareem was very good. You have to think Harris, Carmichael or one of the other guys can step in a replace what Allen brought to the table. Plus you have to trust that Wade will utilize Jackson's strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

With Demeco, he only played 60% of the snaps and before Sharpton got hurt he was cutting into that. We are very thin at that position now, but Sharpton can definitely step in.

Besides that you have Merciless, Crick plus a nice young core of players. Only Antonio is older, everyone else you expect to get better or at least stay the same. This defense will most likely be top 5 or 10 at the very worst. They got better as the year went on. And with Cushing, Barwin, Reed, Watt, Quinn, and Jackson, You have to think that this group as a whole is better than they were last year.

People can point to the WR position which deeply concerns me, along with health, but when it comes to defense I think you would have to be smoking some of the good to think that the D cannot carry this team.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. On NFL Radio today they talked that losing Winston was the biggest loss by any team this year. ReallY? Guy can run block but his pass protection was pretty damn bad. Same way they throw losing Mario out there.

No one else notice he didnt play 3/4's of the season?

The WR thing does concern me greatly. I have friends who do keep up with the whole league and their concerns are the same as mine. Schaubs health and the WR depth.
It's not so much just the loss of the player, rather the drop off from the guy who was cut/traded/not re-signed to the guy who's replacing him. Regardless of what you think about Winston's talents, it's point of fact that the guy who's replacing him is highly capable. In that way, the loss of Winston is not only not the biggest loss of any team in the NFL, it's not the biggest loss on our own offensive line.

Obviously, though, the team is doomed if we don't have our starting QB and #1 WR. That's almost tautological.
Old 05-25-2012   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

He quit researching when he got to the defense, so his conclusion isn't valid.

Good stats on Schaub and Andre, but the real determining factors for this season will be Schaub's recovery, then WR's #2b and #3 developing a relationship with him. It makes for a challenging September/October, but these things are on track to sort themselves out over 16 games. It seems foolish to jump to concluding "regression," especially considering how every sports writer who doesn't follow the team regularly seems completely incapable of understanding them.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn ESPN copying bleacher report! :p

Why would you expect more from that Tinnbred hack, Kuharsky??
Old 05-25-2012   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

So after a very good season in which neither Andre or Matt played a big role due to injuries, the writer thinks we're going to turn into the Cleveland Browns this year...because Andre and Matt might get injured again.

Amazing logic.

The problem with high expectations is that there is a whole lot of room for failure. Unless we make a deep play-off run, this year will not be viewed as a step forward, and it's pretty damn hard to make a deep play-off run.
So it is not unlikely that we will fall short of that goal. But to say it is likely that we are going to regress from last season based on something that ALREADY HAPPENED last year is just idiotic. We overcame AJ and Matt going down and had very good results.
There is a very real threat that injuries will again derail our SuperBowl run, but to say we're going to become a bad to average team because of a set of circumstances we already overcame last season on the way to a good year is just nonsensical.
Old 05-25-2012   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

A gun may get old and worn out, but it can still kill you.
Old 05-25-2012   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why would you expect more from that Tinnbred hack, Kuharsky??
Exactly! Dude is trash.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

They won games last year with Yates & Jacoby Jones in place of Schaub & AJ.

The defense has likely gotten better since and they have added quality depth at WR ....

Hard for me to believe that they fall to .500 even under the worst of circumstances.

My biggest concern is the OL , specifically the right side and depth behind the starters.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They won games last year with Yates & Jacoby Jones in place of Schaub & AJ.

The defense has likely gotten better since and they have added quality depth at WR ....

Hard for me to believe that they fall to .500 even under the worst of circumstances.

My biggest concern is the OL , specifically the right side and depth behind the starters.

I tend to agree with all you have posted except that I think our "new" right OL will pleasantly surprise many doubters. That said, I do still share your concern about our depth.
Old 05-25-2012   #19
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

The sportsbooks have the Texans over/under at ten wins.
Old 05-25-2012   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I tend to agree with all you have posted except that I think our "new" right OL will pleasantly surprise many doubters. That said, I do still share your concern about our depth.
Im not concerned about Butler at RT as he filled in very well for Brown when he was suspended.

Im not so sure Antoine Caldwell holds off Brandon Brooks at RG .... Caldwell wasnt very good when Briesel was out ....

The big question becomes , who's the swing tackle now that Butler is the starter .... that was a huge luxury to have a guy like that as depth. Behind Brown and Butler they have Newton and Gardner. Having one of those two protect Schaubs blind side is a scarry thought.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read