Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2012   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The incredible life of J.J. Watt!!!!

The incredible life of J.J. Watt: NFL's next Howie Long poised to become a Biggio & Bagwell figure in H-Town

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsde...ure-in-h-town/

this is a great read on our boy JJ WATT!!!!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The incredible life of J.J. Watt!!!!

mostly about how his embraced the city and how much everyone loves him lol
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #3
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Little more than a year ago, Watt arrived in Houston for the first time — and got greeted by doubts before he could even step outside the terminal. "A guy in the airport saw my Texans shirt and asked me how I thought they were going to do this year," Watt says. "He said he didn't know about that big, white kid from Wisconsin they drafted. He wasn't sure it was a good move."

Airport guy had no idea he actually was talking to that "big, white kid." Watt wasn't about to identify himself either.
Instead he simply shot back, "I hope he plays good."
Oops.

Quote:
Consider Watt's response when someone asks him (in all, seriousness) at his Art Car Parade grand marshal press conference if being the leading figure in a parade or playing in the NFL is more difficult.

"We have to learn to smile and wave for this," he says. "But running away from 300-pound men is also quite difficult as well.

"I'll say they're about even."

Watt still manages to come across as being earnest when he's deadpan too. It's a good bet that the question asker didn't even catch the joke.
That's awesome.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #4
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

nice find, I like the airport part.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #5
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I was one of the few retards screaming for Nick Fairley. Thank the heavens that we got Watt instead.
Old 05-24-2012   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ is becoming for Houston what Cushing could have been. Unlike Cushing who always seems preoccupied with himself and a bit too much of a Hot dog, while Watt is much more laid back and disarming and certainly a lesser risk for advertisers/promoters.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #7
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips: "the YoGa of NFL defense."

Lol

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2012   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Wade Phillips: "the YoGa of NFL defense."

Lol
I wonder if he meant Yoda.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
JJ is becoming for Houston what Cushing could have been. Unlike Cushing who always seems preoccupied with himself and a bit too much of a Hot dog, while Watt is much more laid back and disarming and certainly a lesser risk for advertisers/promoters.

Cushing on the field and off the field are two completely different things. That dude is a 100% team player and is actually a pretty mild mannered guy off the field.
Old 05-24-2012   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean like in interviews? I don't understand this statement.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #11
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing is really laid back in real life, seriously hes just like a regular guy.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah that Brian Cushing guy sure isn't loved in Houston for his fierce play.

it's cause his arms look totally sweet on the big screen
Old 05-27-2012   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
You mean like in interviews? I don't understand this statement.
While I don't deny Cushings importance and value to the team on the field, I don't think he's nearly as good of a goodwill ambassador as Watt can be. It's not just his history/issues with PEDs, to me Cushing comes off as both ill at ease some times but then at other times as a bit of a USC hot dog. Watt on the other hand seems totally comfortable, "in his own skin" as they say with his role of being out front and up front as a face of the Texans. And I think Watt really likes being in Houston but I have always had doubts about Cushing positive sentiments about getting drafted by an "expansion team".
Old 05-27-2012   #14
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While I don't deny Cushings importance and value to the team on the field, I don't think he's nearly as good of a goodwill ambassador as Watt can be. It's not just his history/issues with PEDs, to me Cushing comes off as both ill at ease some times but then at other times as a bit of a USC hot dog. Watt on the other hand seems totally comfortable, "in his own skin" as they say with his role of being out front and up front as a face of the Texans. And I think Watt really likes being in Houston but I have always had doubts about Cushing positive sentiments about getting drafted by an "expansion team".
I have never seen any sign of him not liking getting drafted by us. That is pure speculation. And he may be a bit insane and a hot dog but so is Ray Lewis he is the Heart and soul of our defense and nothing else matters.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

nothing wrong with a little maverick and iceman on the field
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #16
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...luding-police/

Fairley got arrested AGAIN for DUI and evading police.

To think I was upset when we passed him for JJ Watt.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
I have never seen any sign of him not liking
Apparently you didn't see him the night of the Draft when he got the phone call from the Texans when he was in the "green room" ? Very negative body language, I just don't think Brian was happy with that call.
Old 05-27-2012   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently you didn't see him the night of the Draft when he got the phone call from the Texans when he was in the "green room" ? Very negative body language, I just don't think Brian was happy with that call.
Idk, I think you're trying to read something that isn't there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Idk, there might be something there, but it wasn't disappointment, I don't think.
He did have this line on his website.

"There were a couple of teams that I was positive were going to pick me but it didn’t happen."

http://www.briancushing56.com/blog.html

Maybe he was hoping that the Jets or the Skins had taken him earlier so he can play closer to home ?!?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I can't think of a single top/first-round pick by the Texans where the drafted player wasn't visibly and/or audibly excited and very positive about being chosen by the Texans. To a man they were thrilled and in a very demonstrative manner, except for Cushing who's response as seen in the most positive interpretation was at the very least ambivalent and some might say negative.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read