Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2012   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can Schaub lead them to the superbowl ???

IMO, we will only have him on roster one more year regardless of how he performs.
Old 05-23-2012   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO, we will only have him on roster one more year regardless of how he performs.
Regardless of how he performs?

I don't know about that...

If he somehow manages to play lights out and leads us deep into the play-offs or to the superbowl we'd be silly not to bring him back.

Now the likelihood of that happening is debatable, but I'm just saying his performance this year will probably determine his future here...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
My personal perception is that based on the skills I look for in a leader (and I have to hire them all the time ... but obviously not for professional sports) that Schaub is not the type I would personally put up there as a good leader. Does that mean that someone else may consider him a good leader? Of course they may. Many prefer quiet leadership, more of a lead by example type thing, whereas I tend to lean toward the more vocal and animated leaders who lead both by example, and putting a foot in your ass when you need it.

Just one mans opinion.
You've got no idea if Schaub hasn't stuck his foot up someone's ass when they screw up or not. Lord knows, he sure seemed to get in Jacoby's face enough times. But unless you're in the locker room and in the meeting rooms, you really have no idea who Schaub is or what sort of leadership style he has.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You've got no idea if Schaub hasn't stuck his foot up someone's ass when they screw up or not. Lord knows, he sure seemed to get in Jacoby's face enough times. But unless you're in the locker room and in the meeting rooms, you really have no idea who Schaub is or what sort of leadership style he has.
He also has no idea what is said in the huddle. Although we did hear he turned the team around in his first year when significantly down by going into the huddle and telling them "OK we have them right where we want them."

He also is well documented as spending all sorts of time with other players essentially coaching them. That is leadership.

All this looking for histrionics always cracks me up.
Old 05-23-2012   #45
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I agree with you my perception is based on limited information. The only thing I can comment on is what we see on the field, and what I see during home games on the side-line. He may very well be different behind closed doors.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #46
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

So what starting QB's aren't good leaders? Blaine Gabbert and. . . hmmmmm. . . who else?
Old 05-24-2012   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess it depends on what your personal perception of leadership is.

I don't really want to know what coaches or players or whoever says about Matt. Chances are many on his team who say he is a good leader, it may be because he leaves them alone when they screw-up. To them that may be a sign of a leader letting the player make mistakes and learn from them on their own. To me it isn't leadership.

My personal perception is that based on the skills I look for in a leader (and I have to hire them all the time ... but obviously not for professional sports) that Schaub is not the type I would personally put up there as a good leader. Does that mean that someone else may consider him a good leader? Of course they may. Many prefer quiet leadership, more of a lead by example type thing, whereas I tend to lean toward the more vocal and animated leaders who lead both by example, and putting a foot in your ass when you need it.

Just one mans opinion.
So Rex Ryan would be your type of guy....?

...and you must really HATE Andre Johnson...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2012   #48
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Nobody has picked him up since he was released by the Bucs.

we should pick him up then just in case :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #49
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So Rex Ryan would be your type of guy....?

...and you must really HATE Andre Johnson...
I think Rex Ryan is great, and a WR isnt required to lead ... a QB is.
Old 05-24-2012   #50
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess it depends on what your personal perception of leadership is.

I don't really want to know what coaches or players or whoever says about Matt. Chances are many on his team who say he is a good leader, it may be because he leaves them alone when they screw-up. To them that may be a sign of a leader letting the player make mistakes and learn from them on their own. To me it isn't leadership.

Just one mans opinion.
Quote:
I agree with you my perception is based on limited information. The only thing I can comment on is what we see on the field, and what I see during home games on the side-line. He may very well be different behind closed doors.
Probably not someone who would make baseless accusations and then say, these are baseless accusations.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #51
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Probably not someone who would make baseless accusations and then say, these are baseless accusations.
Not making baseless anything.

All of my comments are my opinion. Period.

So, based on MY opinion.

Keep trying.
Old 05-24-2012   #52
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been one of Schuab's biggest critics since he got to Houston But Yes...I still like big "buts". He's shut me the hell up over the years. Not only do I believe he CAN win, I think our back ups can too. Our 3rd string ROOKIE was facing one of the best pass defenses in the NFL and didn't blink. This season will get the Texans some serious respect.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I've been one of Schuab's biggest critics since he got to Houston But Yes...I still like big "buts". He's shut me the hell up over the years. Not only do I believe he CAN win, I think our back ups can too. Our 3rd string ROOKIE was facing one of the best pass defenses in the NFL and didn't blink. This season will get the Texans some serious respect.

....and you cannot lie?
Old 05-25-2012   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
he didn't "blink"... Three (could have been four) INTs says he was BLINDED.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
he didn't "blink"... Three (could have been four) INTs says he was BLINDED.
He also 'could have' won the game had Walter held onto a ball that hit him in the hands at the end.
Old 05-25-2012   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He also 'could have' won the game had Walter held onto a ball that hit him in the hands at the end.
That wouldn't have made the 3 picks better. He still would've thrown them.
Old 05-25-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That wouldn't have made the 3 picks better. He still would've thrown them.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.
Old 05-25-2012   #58
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not making baseless anything.

All of my comments are my opinion. Period.

So, based on MY opinion.

Keep trying.
Ok....here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston
I agree with you my perception is based on limited information.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand we're done here. Funny that the people who consider their opinions insightful and valid feel differently than someone who considers their own opinion uninformed.

You want someone who makes sure everyone knows he not to blame for screwing up. The rest of the city is fine with someone who keeps the keel even under duress.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #59
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Bleacher report Stat predictions for top 20 QB's Yards: 4,200 TDs: 26 INT: 10

Their interception prediction ties him for first in fewest ints.

With our young receivers and running game I'd take these numbers.
Old 05-26-2012   #60
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Ok....here you go.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we're done here. Funny that the people who consider their opinions insightful and valid feel differently than someone who considers their own opinion uninformed.

You want someone who makes sure everyone knows he not to blame for screwing up. The rest of the city is fine with someone who keeps the keel even under duress.
Anytime you want to bend over and $#%& yourself that will be fine.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read