Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
Dude has some big arms...still looks jacked to me. If by jacked you mean strong.
By jacked I mean big and ripped.

Strength doesn't always correspond with looks though. I've seen some small non ripped guys that have been pretty strong.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #22
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
By jacked I mean big and ripped.

Strength doesn't always correspond with looks though. I've seen some small non ripped guys that have been pretty strong.
Yes that too.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #23
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Thanks for the pics., it was good to see the guys in uniform and working out, even if it's only OTA's. I really wish it was time for training camp.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

This year feels so much different than last year because of the lockout. All we were hearing about this time last year was about negotiations. I think everyone is locked into the off-season workouts more than any year ever because of that missed time and how guys are developing. I know for a fact I've never EVER checked in to see how the first day of OTA's went.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I was looking through them and then thought .. hey, that's not Demeco! Not enough time or distance yet
I feel the same way! I just don't like it, not yet! It'll take some getting use to and I'm just not ready. I think he didn't take #90 cause he was afraid of being compared to Mario. Kinda chicken S on his part. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I feel the same way! I just don't like it, not yet! It'll take some getting use to and I'm just not ready. I think he didn't take #90 cause he was afraid of being compared to Mario. Kinda chicken S on his part. JMO!
He's a linebacker. They usually take numbers in the 50's. Linemen usually take numbers in the 90's. The UDFA linebacker Loiseau got the 90 because he's probably not making the team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #27
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Time to print off a camp roster. Gotta have a name with the numbers.

Old 05-22-2012   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He's a linebacker. They usually take numbers in the 50's. Linemen usually take numbers in the 90's. The UDFA linebacker Loiseau got the 90 because he's probably not making the team.
I don't think his likelihood to make the team had anything to do with him taking #90...

There are no other 50 numbers available...
Old 05-22-2012   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Time to print off a camp roster. Gotta have a name with the numbers.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html
Old 05-22-2012   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think his likelihood to make the team had anything to do with him taking #90...

There are no other 50 numbers available...
Yeah. I wasn't clear with what I was trying to say.

Mercilus took 59 because it's the linebacker number and there were no others available and he had first choice.

Loiseau took 90 because he's a linebacker but as a UDFA, he had to take whatever was left.

There are probably going to be some guys wearing some numbers for other positions during TC.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of Mercilus wearing #59. Just looks awkward.

But I get it: Numbers are numbers and there's a helluva' lot of linebackers in the 34 defense.

Whoever made the slideshow had a caption on Bullock/Graham/Weeks and put that Shayne Graham was a punter. LOL. Quality work at the Chronicle, as usual.

JJ Watt walking down those steps (in the slideshow) looks huge. He dwarfs everything, even stairs.
Old 05-22-2012   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72577 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately you better get used to it.

That's the way NFL works players fungible commidity. Hate to say it but being a fan of the team winning takes precedence over any fandom of players. As it should be. IMHO You very rarely get to have it both ways.

But I do understand where you are coming from.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Kubiak: Fangupo hope to be back next week. Holding out Sharpton right now, will be ready for camp. #TexansOTA
Old 05-22-2012   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
he always looks less jacked in practice, he is like iron man though, once he puts on the suit/pads he looks like the hulk. Weird transformation
no, no, no...
he's Captain America...

...now if we could just turn Case Keenum into Hawkeye...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #35
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

That's an awesome picture but I disagree with the characters. JJ Watt is the prototypical Captain America, his celebration is even a salute. Cushing is The Hulk because he pretty much acts like him on the field. Brooks is Thor for obvious reasons. Barwin can be Iron Man due to his versatility and being able to throw out a bunch of pass rush moves.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #36
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans OTA Interviews May 22nd

Kubiak, Foster, and Yates.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #37
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow!!! Still spazzing? Mariwho??? Demecwho?

Ryans was a much bigger part of this team, and he will be sorely missed, but we have to move on from jersey numbers. There's only one Texan (or former Texan) who is a potential HOF'er right now. And that is iffy as hell.
Old 05-23-2012   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade: “Yeah, Whit, I think it’s not too big for him[Mercilus], so that’s the first thing you look for in rookies. Sometimes they get overrun. He hasn’t had that problem. He rushed real well today, and that’s what we’re looking for him to do in the defense, and he had a good day rushing the passer.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #39
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

New blog post:

Gary Kubiak on the wide receiver competition

Wide open. Not having Schaub available makes it difficult to assess the young QBs because two of the QBs throwing are trying to figure it out themselves.
Old 05-23-2012   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush does not look in football shape; He needs to have blood dripping!!

Interesting comments on Derek Newton & I hope LZ is correct. Would be nice for him to replace Butler in 2013.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read