Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-14-2012   #341
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hey man, I woke up this morning at 4:30am. Takes me three hours after camp to feel normal and I'm not even running around in the heat.

Dog ate my homework too.
Awesomeness!!!

I actually figured you were posting from your phone and we all know how that works out!!!
Old 06-14-2012   #342
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Awesomeness!!!

I actually figured you were posting from your phone and we all know how that works out!!!
Nope on the computer.

When I'm posting on my phone, "Schaub" keeps wanting to be changed into "Sushi." "Kubiak" keeps wanting to be changed into "Karma."

It's hard to read the screen in the direct sunlight, so at some point, I am going to do one of these autocorrects.

BTW, camp camp is suppose to start end of July, and birds were telling me that training camp tickets are going to be offered via the website. Think that it will be around the second week of July.

So there you have it.
Old 06-14-2012   #343
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I'm posting on my phone, "Schaub" keeps wanting to be changed into "Sushi." "Kubiak" keeps wanting to be changed into "Karma."

It's hard to read the screen in the direct sunlight, so at some point, I am going to do one of these autocorrects.
Autocorrect can certainly be a pain but I am surprised your phone doesn't learn. We call two of our kids Poot and Bear and my phone very quickly learned not just to correct them but put them up as suggestions.
Old 06-14-2012   #344
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Autocorrect can certainly be a pain but I am surprised your phone doesn't learn. We call two of our kids Poot and Bear and my phone very quickly learned not just to correct them but put them up as suggestions.
Blackberry.

It's terrible but I can type fast on it.
Old 06-14-2012   #345
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...I've seen some of my patients gain...10 to 15 pounds in one day after...large Ceasar's salad
This is what I saw...stay away from salad.

Signed Brandon Brooks

Last edited by TejasTom; 06-15-2012 at 07:20 AM.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #346
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Here's my summary of all the days of the offseason so far:

My summary of Texans OTAs, Minicamp

Long.

But the off-season is long.
Old 06-15-2012   #347
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You're kidding, right? You couldn't script it so perfectly.
Old 06-15-2012   #348
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak negotiated his own contract. Could have had a longer term but suggested he'd earn more money this way.
That's interesting.

Now I have to invent reasons why he did this. Dammit....
Old 06-15-2012   #349
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's interesting.

Well then, it's in good hands!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #350
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Long.

So anyway TC, tell us what your thoughts of our jumbo 3rd round rookie Olineman are ? Oh I know he's real big, what I want to know is how does he move ? Does he appear to be athletic, move with a decent amount of foot speed instead of being slow and clumsy ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #351
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Long.

Thanks for your coverage. The longer the report, the better. I'm jonesing so bad for Texans news that it makes me wish for healthier addictions, like alcoholism.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #352
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's interesting.

Your tinfoil hat is ..... broken.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #353
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Norris pic caption.
Quote:
Moran Norris at Minicamp Tryout: I wonder if his wallet has any nickname on it. /Pulp Fiction reference
Think I can get a #40 jersey with his wallet name on it?
Old 06-16-2012   #354
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Re: Norris pic caption.

Think I can get a #40 jersey with his wallet name on it?
Okay, y'all lost me. And I thought I knew all the good Pulp Fiction quotes...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #355
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Okay, y'all lost me. And I thought I knew all the good Pulp Fiction quotes...
You've got to be joking.

"I want you to go into that bag and find my wallet."

"Which one is it?"

"It's the one that says Bad ..."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #356
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Did some digging that makes me concerned that the weight issue may be something that simply being severely chided by Kubiak may not be effective.......maybe not now or ever. Brooks as a freshman at Miami weighed 290 pounds. At the end of his senior year, he actually topped out at 353 pounds. He report to OTAs at 346. He has been told to get down to 330 pounds. He may or may not have a chance of getting there. But he may have closer to a chance in Hell of staying there, especially if, as Kubiak stated, "He's not taking it seriously."

Texans Rookie Brandon Brooks Cuts Some Weight, But Issue Could Remain

By TERRANCE HARRIS, SportsRadio 610

Quote:
HOUSTON (CBS Houston) – Everyone inside of the Texans brain trust seemed on board that rookie offensive guard Brandon Brooks’ weight wouldn’t be in issue when they drafted him in the third round of April’s NFL Draft.

But just a couple months into his career with the Texans, it appears Brooks’ weight may be an issue after all. It could be issue that may not ever go away.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak ripped into Brooks on Tuesday for reporting to minicamp on Tuesday overweight. Brooks reported a little lighter Wednesday, but clearly he was not happy to have to address the issue. He explained to reporters that his reporting 11 pounds heavier than expected was due to a weekend of overindulgence.

Brooks apparently got the message loud and clear from Kubiak how unacceptable that was.

“Well he weighed in lighter so I don’t know what he did last night,” Kubiak said. “He can’t play at the weight he was at yesterday, he can’t help the team. I’m trying to teach him a lesson now before we get started.”

Brooks, who was drafted at 350-plus pounds and reported for OTAs around 346, was an odd fit for the Texans zone blocking scheme from the outset. The scheme is better suited for smaller, quicker offensive linemen.

But the Texans believe he is quick enough with the weight that he can handle the athletic duties required of the offensive guards. And that was apparent during the 10 OTA practices when Brooks seemed to hold his own and make a favorable impression on his new coaches.

He got a glimpse of how quickly the view of him can change if he doesn’t keep his weight under control.

“He’s got a lot of ability. He just has to learn how important it is to be prepared every day, not just three days out of the week. You are accountable every day. Obviously he had a heck of a weekend.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #357
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing he's not married? Girlfriend?

I'd be hiring custom cooked/delivered meals and give him a looooooong time with a nutritionist -- who's pretty -- to learn about food. Sounding like he may have a "relationship" with food?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #358
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is like a lot of young guys in more respect than just eating. He has not had to have discipline about much. If you are good enough, coaches and others will make allowances for you. Boom, you wake up in the NFL and discover the coach who gets on your butt about (the issue) is deadly serious. If he cannot lose 15 pounds byTC, he does not deserve a roster spot. I think he can get it under control but what do I know? I thought Dwight Jones would get his act together.
Old 06-18-2012   #359
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I react to stress by over-eating.

If I weigh 235, you know I'm having a tough go at it over the past month. If I weigh 215 or 220, life's being fairly pleasant during that time.

Brooks might be gorging when away from the facility, finding comfort in foods that pack on the pounds. BBQ, seafood, Asian, etc. Lots of choices in Houston.

He needs to hire a nutritionist who is like a Meals On Wheels, bringing him stuff and weighing him three times a day. Buying his groceries for him. Raiding his mattress and searching the couch cushions for evidence of candy wrappers. LOL.
Old 06-20-2012   #360
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Outside linebacker/defensive end Keith Browner was also signed today.

Sorry, this was already reported above.
Who is this kid? I see that he is the son of Keith Browner, and played LB/DE at Cal, but is he simply an UDFA? Did he even get any draft buzz?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read