Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2012   #261
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I really can't see McCain being anything more than what he is now unless he undergoes a big metamorphosis.
I'm not sure what more you want. ProFootballFocus had McCain ranked 25 out of 109 CBs in 2011 ..... J.Joe was ranked 13/109.

In coverage only, J.Joe was 9th & McCain 11th ( again out of 109.)

I'd take that production in 2012 and forward.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #262
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'm not sure what more you want. ProFootballFocus had McCain ranked 25 out of 109 CBs in 2011 ..... J.Joe was ranked 13/109.

In coverage only, J.Joe was 9th & McCain 11th ( again out of 109.)

I'd take that production in 2012 and forward.
Those rankings (however they're derived) don't take into account whom the CBs are covering. McCain is lining up against slot receivers, Joseph usually the opposition's #1 WR.
Old 06-10-2012   #263
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
AJ, KW, Posey, Martin, Jean, HOLLIDAY haha it's coming and you know it.
I'll take that line up.
Old 06-10-2012   #264
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I'll take that line up.
Would also be cool with that group of receivers, but Vandermeer did say he still feels like Maehl is a lock to make the team. Which would probably leave Holliday as the odd man out, especially if the staff feels like a trio of Manning/Demps/Martin can handle the return duties.

Holliday will probably be stashed away and called up periodically like last year.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #265
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Would also be cool with that group of receivers, but Vandermeer did say he still feels like Maehl is a lock to make the team. Which would probably leave Holliday as the odd man out, especially if the staff feels like a trio of Manning/Demps/Martin can handle the return duties.

Holliday will probably be stashed away and called up periodically like last year.
I think Maehl will probably make the team. He knows the routes now, has good hands, and can cut for separation better than anyone. Watch his 3 cone drill at the combine. Fastest time in combine history.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #266
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Would also be cool with that group of receivers, but Vandermeer did say he still feels like Maehl is a lock to make the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I think Maehl will probably make the team. He knows the routes now, has good hands, and can cut for separation better than anyone. Watch his 3 cone drill at the combine. Fastest time in combine history.
I'd have to see some of this ability on a NFL field before I pronounce a UDFA with a year on the practice squad and zero receptions a lock to make the team. From what I saw in training camp and preseason last year, Maehl looked really small. I don't see much he has to offer as a backup due to blocking and special teams limitations.
Old 06-10-2012   #267
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'd have to see some of this ability on a NFL field before I pronounce a UDFA with a year on the practice squad and zero receptions a lock to make the team. From what I saw in training camp and preseason last year, Maehl looked really small. I don't see much he has to offer as a backup due to blocking and special teams limitations.
I'm getting into this "conversation" late.......You talking about David Anderson, right?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2012   #268
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
As far as Manning not returning kicks that reeeeally opens a spot up for Holliday doesn't it? Manning could still get a call when the team needed a kickstart.

AJ, KW, Posey, Martin, Jean, HOLLIDAY haha it's coming and you know it.
I like Manning not returning kicks, too big of an asset to risk on special teams. As for Holliday making the team to return kicks, I don't think it'll happen. I think Martin takes that spot and think that Holliday is practice squad at best and stands a good chance of being cut outright in training camp regardless of all the sunshine Kubiak's been pumping. I also think there's a veteran WR out there somewhere that makes the roster as the new #2 or #3 WR. I don't know who it is yet but I think we pick up someone once teams start making cuts in training camp.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #269
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning not taking the lion share of KR tells me Holliday or Maehl have a spot, I think Martin was drafted for punts and slot receiving and as far as Demps...I figure you may as well just take it at the 20 and skip the kick alltogether.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #270
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's not OTA's anymore, but close enough and didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm not real sure how Brooks can just be overweight in less than a week, but it appears he has

Quote:
Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield
Kubiak on rookie G Brandon Brooks: "I did not like what I saw today. He was overweight. I'm not real happy with him right now

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley
Kubiak: Brandon Brooks last weigh in not acceptable. Was doing good before.
Quote:
Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley
@HoustonTexans minicamp: On field tryouts for Sims-Walker, Moran Norris, Prescott Burgess, Keith Browner. Tryouts.
Old 06-12-2012   #271
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Maran Norris?

Now there's a blast from the past...

It's funny though because of his recent commercial on 610 that is now played all the time..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #272
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I know it's not OTA's anymore, but close enough and didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm not real sure how Brooks can just be overweight in less than a week, but it appears he has
OUCH! He was asked to shed 18lbs and instead he came back a few days later packing extra. Hmmm, eating himself out of the league already?

Yep, Kubes is sounding pissed.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #273
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Something certainly seems different with how Kubiak is talking to the media...
Old 06-12-2012   #274
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think he's not happy with the team right now.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #275
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

OTAs just ended 5 days ago. I doubt that Brooks has put on much weight, but he may not be satisfied with his weight loss up to this point. Especially considering we're having 90 plus degree temps out now. Not too hard to drop some lbs if you're committed to it.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #276
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah, it is the same old Kubiak.

Texans do not like non-fit players. They monitor weight carefully. Always have.

Players go in and out of the doghouse.

Twitter reports, though offering some immediacy do not convey feeling, nuance very well

They are going to stay on Brooks with the weight.
Old 06-12-2012   #277
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Sims-Walker caught a nice +20 yard catch from Keenum.

Moran Norris had a couple of nice catches.

They are fresh legs now. He wants to get a better sense of fitness levels to see if worth bringing into camp.
Old 06-12-2012   #278
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nah, it is the same old Kubiak.

Texans do not like non-fit players. They monitor weight carefully. Always have.

Players go in and out of the doghouse.

Twitter reports, though offering some immediacy do not convey feeling, nuance very well

They are going to stay on Brooks with the weight.
I'm not doubting that kubiak is still the same. Just seems like he's airing more negative things than he has in the past.
Old 06-12-2012   #279
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
I'm not doubting that kubiak is still the same. Just seems like he's airing more negative things than he has in the past.
Nah, I think he's just being straightforward with what's going on.

His answers don't seem unusual to me.
Old 06-12-2012   #280
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nah, I think he's just being straightforward with what's going on.

His answers don't seem unusual to me.
As usual, thanks, Steph!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read