Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-05-2012   #181
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
FWIW, I've been told they are working on the site some for a redo.

Ultimately, I think having a daily newspaper, even if not always perfect, is a net benefit for city.

I'm a subscriber.
Are they gonna do away with that damn footer that I can't make go away? Prolly just me being silly but I do abhor it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #182
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Are they gonna do away with that damn footer that I can't make go away? Prolly just me being silly but I do abhor it.
If the Meebo bar bothers you, go to the far right hand side of the bar and click the hide button.

Not a fan of the Meebo stuff but you have to monetize giving away your product for free. Rather have advertising than paywalls.
Old 06-06-2012   #183
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The WR drafted out of Michigan State may be an "pleasant surprise", but I wonder if we could hang the "unpleasant surprise" handle on the other WR taken in the Draft out of Ohio State ? That's what I'm sensing here ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #184
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
The WR drafted out of Michigan State may be an "pleasant surprise", but I wonder if we could hang the "unpleasant surprise" handle on the other WR taken in the Draft out of Ohio State ? That's what I'm sensing here ?
No no no.

Houston Texans just put up the video.

Worth watching it.
Old 06-06-2012   #185
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Maybe he's not a "pleasant surprise" because he's living up to what they expected? I think if he was disappointing at this point, Kubiak would say something to the effect that, "He's a good kid, but he needs some work and we'll get him there by the start of the season."??
Old 06-06-2012   #186
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting...

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks apparently went a little too far in their offseason workouts. Now, they’re going to lose two of them.

In a joint statement by the NFL and the NFLPA it was announced the Seahawks will forfeit two of their 10 OTA practice days for violating offseason workout rules. Specifically, the Seahawks had contact during some of their work, a clear no-no in the work rules.

“The NFL Management Council and NFL Players Association have determined that the Seattle Seahawks violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement’s offseason workout rules on the prohibition of live contact during one of the club’s organized team activity days (“OTA days”).

As a result, the Seahawks will forfeit two of their scheduled OTA practices (June 6 and 7) as well as an additional offseason workout day on Friday, June 8. Seahawks’ players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The club cannot reschedule the cancelled days.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #187
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Interesting...
The Texans got in trouble for that a few years ago when a guy got injured. Can't remember his name, but he took up a roster spot for a year or two while being inactive. In this era of football I think its best to follow the rules.
Old 06-06-2012   #188
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No no no.

Worth watching it.
Worth all 16 minutes! Thanks! Gary knows how to calmly get you pumped up...haha, that's a special talent.
Old 06-06-2012   #189
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Worth all 16 minutes! Thanks! Gary knows how to calmly get you pumped up...haha, that's a special talent.
You can fully understand why the players would run through hell for him. His a great speaker and seems very genuine. I still think he gives them a yell behind close doors but doesn't allow it to spill out to the public.
I'm definitely a kubiack guy, I was one of the few who didn't want him gone a year ago
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #190
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Texans got in trouble for that a few years ago when a guy got injured. Can't remember his name, but he took up a roster spot for a year or two while being inactive. In this era of football I think its best to follow the rules.
Correct. And Kris Brown was our team's NFLPA rep...and he denied it/covered it up. i.e. "Nothing to see here." Kris sold him down the river, which was an obvious decision...siding with Kubiak and the "team" over a lone dissenter.

It caused a stink. The guy said we were violating OTA rules, showed video IIRC, and the guy eventually faded away.
Old 06-06-2012   #191
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Correct. And Kris Brown was our team's NFLPA rep...and he denied it/covered it up. i.e. "Nothing to see here." Kris sold him down the river, which was an obvious decision...siding with Kubiak and the "team" over a lone dissenter.

It caused a stink. The guy said we were violating OTA rules, showed video IIRC, and the guy eventually faded away.
Not surprised at that. No one likes a locker room rat.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #192
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL, come on man. You can't hold a grudge forever.

Not when I pull out all the stops and do THIS:

pff haha....

If anyone is holding a grudge...it would be Trindon Holliday's detractors in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yeah

T-Killer can hold a grudge with the best of them.

Ask some of the guys in the TT mock draft.
Ha, whatever, Mike Martin can suck a big bag full of donkey parts (and as a Titan, probably will) just because everyone else fell in love with him doesn't mean I have to!!!

You know, I happened to peg a few players that the Texans actually selected.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #193
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Here's my Wednesday report.

Nothing bad happened as far as anyone knows. I hate news breaking days because those are usually bad.
Old 06-06-2012   #194
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No no no.

Worth watching it.
'Twas. MSR.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #195
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jordan Black (aka I65) He was 300+ lbs of crappy football player. He then move on to Jacksonville where he continued to suck, I think he's out of the league now.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #196
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
pff haha....

If anyone is holding a grudge...it would be Trindon Holliday's detractors in 2012.
Does not know if try to bait me or try to be nice with funny.
Old 06-06-2012   #197
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Trying to get actual football stories at OTAs is hard. Because there's a scrum of media trying to do it and nobody really wants to answer the questions you have. Or people are more interested in gotcha stuff, and I have no interest in that.

Oh, and I can take video, but if I do, NFL rules only allow me to keep it at the Chron site for 24 hours which isn't worth editing it and usually nobody wants to say much of anything and they are hot and sweaty and just want to get in the AC.

So on the way to the scrum, I've been asking players for pictures for fans, to use for avatars and the like because well, someone asked me if they were okay with using my Fangupo picture for an avatar, and I've sorta figured what the hell. This is today's which would make for lovely photoshopping.

Old 06-06-2012   #198
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DE Antonio Smith
(on what he’s seen from the younger players during OTAs) “They are on fire. (Gary Kubiak) took the helmets off of them today and they’re still knocking each other out. I think we’re going to have a fiery bunch of rookies. These boys are ready to play. I ain’t seen nothing like it since I’ve been in the League. They’re pumping each other up. They’re yelling, they’re cheering. They’re on point.”
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #199
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Jordan Black (aka I65) He was 300+ lbs of crappy football player. He then move on to Jacksonville where he continued to suck, I think he's out of the league now.
I believe it was Dan Stevenson and Jordan Black. Stevenson took video.
Old 06-06-2012   #200
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So on the way to the scrum, I've been asking players for pictures for fans, to use for avatars and the like because well, someone asked me if they were okay with using my Fangupo picture for an avatar, and I've sorta figured what the hell. This is today's which would make for lovely photoshopping.

I thought Ninjas were invisible....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read