Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2012   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OTA thread

The Texans started their OTA's today. Any info would be much appreciated.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #2
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTA thread

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...-starter-reps/

Quote:
With Andre Johnson sitting out of organized team activities (OTAs) after having arthroscopic knee surgery, wide receiver Lestar Jean is practicing as a starter opposite Kevin Walter.
I guess that means Jean is #3 WR...
Old 05-21-2012   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Pics

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #4
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

With the exception of Schaub and Andre did anyone else miss?
Just out of curiosities sake.
Old 05-21-2012   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Can't get the pics to load.
Might be the anti-virus stuff they have here at work.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #6
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Can't get the pics to load.
Might be the anti-virus stuff they have here at work.
They are from from Sport Talk 790's website, so it may be.

Old 05-21-2012   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...-starter-reps/

I guess that means Jean is #3 WR...

I doubt that means anything right now. At the least he's very familiar with the offense right now and any of the rookies coming in at this point probably know very little. Not saying a rookie is guaranteed to take his spot, but i just couldn't put much into that.
Old 05-21-2012   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

My observations from today at my blog.

Houston Texans OTAs 2012 My thoughts and yours

I'm planning to go to all of these. If you have any particular questions/comments, let me know on the blog. It's hard to put all the observations down due to life time constraints + well, it's practice. But it is easier to respond to particular questions.

Also, I will try to Tweet new of the day post-OTA. During OTAs they don't allow Tweeting, but after practice I can.
Old 05-21-2012   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Thoughts from LZ:

Eight (but really ten) Texans Im watching during OTAs
Old 05-21-2012   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Cushing looking less jacked?

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #11
2002whitegt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected2002whitegt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Didn't we all have the same discussion last year? Cush will be fine, I'm not worried about him.
2002whitegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they should let an old lady just stand there and watch! What damage could I do? I need a FOOTBALL FIX REAL BAD!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #13
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, me too! It would be sooooo much nicer weather wise to let us watch now instead of training camp! :hot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I think they should let an old lady just stand there and watch! What damage could I do? I need a FOOTBALL FIX REAL BAD!!!!
Old 05-21-2012   #14
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking through them and then thought .. hey, that's not Demeco! Not enough time or distance yet

Quote:
Old 05-21-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I was looking through them and then thought .. hey, that's not Demeco! Not enough time or distance yet
Yeah. The first picture I saw gave me an immediate "Wait. What?" reaction even though I knew intellectually he'd taken 59.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

he always looks less jacked in practice, he is like iron man though, once he puts on the suit/pads he looks like the hulk. Weird transformation
Old 05-21-2012   #17
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah. The first picture I saw gave me an immediate "Wait. What?" reaction even though I knew intellectually he'd taken 59.
Same here.

With Louiseau, and the 90, it wasn't like that though. I thought, "cool, I hope he makes it."

Old 05-21-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same here.

With Louiseau, and the 90, it wasn't like that though. I thought, "cool, I hope he makes it."
My first thought seeing Loiseau was "Damn. He looks big." But that picture was him beside some smaller guys; DBs, I think. I saw him next to Mercilus and it was like... Oh, OK. Not so big, then.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002whitegt View Post
Didn't we all have the same discussion last year? Cush will be fine, I'm not worried about him.
I'm not worried about him at all. Never have been. Even through the banned substance stuff and his "down year".
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #20
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
he always looks less jacked in practice, he is like iron man though, once he puts on the suit/pads he looks like the hulk. Weird transformation
Dude has some big arms...still looks jacked to me. If by jacked you mean strong.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read