Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-18-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possibly going to Denver game with wife: Tix $250 total

Should I? 7 hour drive for us.

Part of me doesn't want to chance it. I mean, if Manning somehow torches us or beats us in like the last possession of the game...I might have a nervous breakdown.

I attended the Raiders game last year and we all know how THAT turned out.

Still, I think I should do it. Any of you guys/gals going to the Denver game?
Old 05-18-2012   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Possibly going to Denver game with wife: Tix $250 total

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Should I? 7 hour drive for us.

Part of me doesn't want to chance it. I mean, if Manning somehow torches us or beats us in like the last possession of the game...I might have a nervous breakdown.

I attended the Raiders game last year and we all know how THAT turned out.

Still, I think I should do it. Any of you guys/gals going to the Denver game?
I really want to go, but I'll have to see about my financial situation.
Not sure if I'd be flying or Amtrak to Denver yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm definitely going. I grew up there so I still have family to see. I will have to sit with a Broncos fan, though, since he's the one with tickets.

I really don't see Manning torching us. I think it will be too early in the season for them and it's going to take some time to get everyone on the same page.
Old 05-19-2012   #4
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love to meet you and your wife GP! Im more of a lurker and your post give me mixed emotions about u lol but I bet you would be bad ass to have a few beers with and talk Texans!

I got a group of 6 going so far.

Here's another Denver thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91434
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Would love to meet you and your wife GP! Im more of a lurker and your post give me mixed emotions about u lol but I bet you would be bad ass to have a few beers with and talk Texans!

I got a group of 6 going so far.

Here's another Denver thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91434
LOL. Well, one thing is for sure: We all love our Texans and everything else that we say (in the football forum or other forums) comes a distant second to us sharing our passion for the team.

I would love it if the people from the board, the ones who are going to the game in Denver, could agree to meet in front of the stadium for a group photo to post on here, and to shake hands and meet one another. That'd be cool.

Not sure If I'm going yet, will decide this week.
Old 05-27-2012   #6
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer

I should be in Denver with a group of friends...should be fun!
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #7
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone is interested in touring the New Belgium Brewery, let me know. I plan to take the trip up on Saturday to visit them. I just meet the workers (marketing and such) here in Nashville for the Tour de Fat. Awesome people and good beer.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2012   #8
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
If anyone is interested in touring the New Belgium Brewery, let me know. I plan to take the trip up on Saturday to visit them. I just meet the workers (marketing and such) here in Nashville for the Tour de Fat. Awesome people and good beer.
Count me in!! I love New Belgium Brewery
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #9
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I'll be going to Denver for the game with my wife and another couple. Flying from Houston.
Old 06-27-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Decided I'm not going.

1. Saves me $250 plus all traveling expenses

2. It always seems something comes up that makes it awkward to leave town "for a football game." I don't want to have to fight for my "right" to get out of town for a weekend. Last year, I almost didn't get to go to the home game vs. Raiders because of some weird thing that came up on my schedule at the last minute.

Lastly, the idea of MAYBE losing to Peyton Manning and then having to drive back home with that icky feeling all over me...not worth the risk. I have a severe allergic reaction to losing to Manning, my ass gets really red and I can't talk without cussing and spitting.
Old 07-03-2012   #11
dbrown010
waterboy

My GF and I will be going to the Denver Game. We are going to meet up with some college friends that live there. We will be in Wash Park area if any other TEXAN fans want to meet up...

BULLS ON PARADE!!!
dbrown010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #12
clutchcity94
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 clutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respectedclutchcity94 is a quality contributor and well respected

My buddy and I just booked our flights for the game. Never been to Denver so looking forward to it. Might have a few more go as well.
clutchcity94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone got their tickets for the game yet? If so what section? Would like to try and sit by some fellow Texans.
Old 07-13-2012   #14
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Has anyone got their tickets for the game yet? If so what section? Would like to try and sit by some fellow Texans.
Me and my girl are sitting in the End Zone Section 131, Row 15.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #15
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be in Denver for this one too. This will be my first road game experience, and I cannot freaking wait.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #16
JWarren14
Beer Me

Just got my tickets!

Sect 230 Row 15

Still a little early, but anybody want to meet somewhere for some pregame activities? I looked at tailgating on the Sports Authority Stadium website and it's basically first come first serve, not like Reliant.
Old 07-23-2012   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I really want to go, but I'll have to see about my financial situation. Walking across the country is one way I could try and save money. Yeah, I'll be there after all!
Fixed.
Old 07-23-2012   #18
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Just got my tickets!

Sect 230 Row 15

Still a little early, but anybody want to meet somewhere for some pregame activities? I looked at tailgating on the Sports Authority Stadium website and it's basically first come first serve, not like Reliant.
Unless you are in platinum, it is first come, first serve for all the lots at Reliant, unless there is something I am missing...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #20
JWarren14
Beer Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Unless you are in platinum, it is first come, first serve for all the lots at Reliant, unless there is something I am missing...
Just sounded a little different than Reliant, maybe I misinterpreted..

Link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read