Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Sure and that's completely by design. Leadership doesn't imply the guy at the front, doesn't to me anyway.

I don't believe on field performance can certainly be the result of hard work but you need guys to work hard regardless of result. You need guys to keep pushing, keep it loose, keep everyone honest at all times. That's Cody, you want extraordinary on field performance you probably hired the wrong guy lol...

Exactly. Funny how they all play a part, yet to a man they say leadership is not handed out or taken. Organically, they all seem to step up together even while former leaders are being taken out.
I'm not saying Cody doesn't serve a purpose. And my point was that in some regards most of the team plays leader at one point or another.

But if youve ever been a part if any team sport or activity, from pick up game at the park to a team project at work, there is almost always a person or people that become leaders of the group. Either by default or because they earn it.

I'm talking about a leader of leaders. That's what Demeco was. Thats what dre and schaub are. That's the position that's now open on defense. Seems like most people think Cushing is the man to take that job. I agree with that, but we'll see.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012   #22
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Barwin like Mercilus pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
... Seems like most people think Cushing is the man to take that job. I agree with that, but we'll see.
Captain Cush

The team certainly does.

Quote:
From 11-6-2011
Cushing captaincy
Linebacker Brian Cushing led the Texans in tackles, again, with seven. He also wore a captain’s ‘C’ on his jersey Sunday for the first time in his NFL career. Head coach Gary Kubiak liked what he saw from Cushing, as he has all season long, and described why the third-year player earned the leadership position.

“We voted a few more captains at the midway point,” Kubiak said. “We did it off of respect to how you’re playing, and for offense, defense and special teams and Cush was a unanimous pick on the defensive side of the ball. That’s what the guys think of him and he’s bringing it every week.”

Cushing said he was surprised when he found out on Wednesday from Kubiak.
“I’m kind of a guy that I’m open-minded, I don’t really predetermine things and I just let them play out,” Cushing said. “But when he told me that and told me I was elected as a captain, like I said, I was just overwhelmed and very honored.”

If you want to listen to Barwin on Texans All Access here is the mp3

Last edited by TejasTom; 05-16-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added link to Barwin interview to get back on topic
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

They were all afraid that he would head butt them if they didn't.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm talking about a leader of leaders. That's what Demeco was. Thats what dre and schaub are. That's the position that's now open on defense. Seems like most people think Cushing is the man to take that job. I agree with that, but we'll see.
Agree on this.

Demeco was the "heart and soul" of the defense. Someone needs to step up and take that role. I could see it being Cush, or maybe in a year or two JJ Watt.

I give Jonathan Joseph a lot of credit too. He came in last year and fit right in. I could also see him as someone that may step up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Agree on this.

Demeco was the "heart and soul" of the defense. Someone needs to step up and take that role. I could see it being Cush, or maybe in a year or two JJ Watt.

I give Jonathan Joseph a lot of credit too. He came in last year and fit right in. I could also see him as someone that may step up.
I think JJo has already asserted himself as the leader of the secondary.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read