Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-14-2012   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nostalgia Lane

NFL Network is showing "Greatest Games" You guessed it; Oilers 35/Bills 38

Still makes me sick 10 years later!
Old 05-14-2012   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nostalgia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post

More like 20. I don't blame you, but I believe I'm over it now. My faith in the Run 'n' Shoot died a long time ago and I never believed the Prevent D was good for preventing anything but winning.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

DOH! You're right LOL This quitting smoking thing is affecting my brain :headspin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
More like 20. I don't blame you, but I believe I'm over it now. My faith in the Run 'n' Shoot died a long time ago and I never believed the Prevent D was good for preventing anything but winning.
Old 05-14-2012   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I lived thru some sad gruesome times with the powder blue and that was one of the worse
Old 05-14-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

REALLY?????????????? Really miss Kimmy??? You are now on my "S" list.................

I just punched myself in the "junk"!
Old 05-14-2012   #6
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Sorry TB!! I'm still watching it, so I'm the true glutton for punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
REALLY?????????????? Really miss Kimmy??? You are now on my "S" list.................

I just punched myself in the "junk"!
I just think of it as good Texan training LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I lived thru some sad gruesome times with the powder blue and that was one of the worse
Old 05-14-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DOH! You're right LOL This quitting smoking thing is affecting my brain :headspin:
Congratulations on quitting and good luck. Really proud of you!!
Old 05-14-2012   #8
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, it's not often you remember what you were doing on a date long ago unless it's a great or very bad day, example 9-11 most of us remember what we were doing when we heard the news. I remember sitting on the USS Peterson DD-969 watching this game. By halftime I was talking a lot of smack to all the sailors rooting for the Bills, I was the only Houston Fan in the room. I don't want to talk about the rest of the day.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure why that game would be nostalgic.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

My husband & I were discussing that as well. He was at his parents, I was on our bedroom floor folding laundry! I also remember I had just bought him a CD ROM for his birthday ... it was $300!!! Dayum ...

I then remember seeing Warren Moon on Arsenio Hall show ... Arsenio was like "Dude, what happened??" .... ahh yes, good times, good times.

BTW - thank you for your service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
You know, it's not often you remember what you were doing on a date long ago unless it's a great or very bad day, example 9-11 most of us remember what we were doing when we heard the news. I remember sitting on the USS Peterson DD-969 watching this game. By halftime I was talking a lot of smack to all the sailors rooting for the Bills, I was the only Houston Fan in the room. I don't want to talk about the rest of the day.
Old 05-14-2012   #11
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

It is for me. But I am glad they took that record with them. And the Bills went on to lose the superbowl .. again.

B -oy
I
L - ove
L - osing
S - uperbowls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Not sure why that game would be nostalgic.
Old 05-14-2012   #12
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Congratulations on quitting and good luck. Really proud of you!!
Thank you. It's been 6 days now I'm determined
Old 05-14-2012   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't grow up here (Austin & Dallas). My first Oilers game was the Kansas City Joe Montana playoff game. That one game makes me understand Oilers fans.
Old 05-14-2012   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

well, did the oilers win?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are threads on here from time to time about this subject, and the last time it came on I posted that I watched the first half and then turned it off. And tried to pretend the rest never happened. It still hurts....
Old 05-15-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-15-2012   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK.

Enough time has passed and I'm far enough away from most of you so you can't easily track me down and beat me to a bloody pulp but... that entire loss was my fault.

My wife and I had flown in from Arizona for some family get together or something. We both had to work the next day and my wife had bought the tickets two months before not knowing there would be an Oiler playoff game on that day.

We watched the first half at my Mom's. It was great. We were so psyched and happy. We even saw the interception at the beginning of the second half.

And then we had to leave for the airport.

We were in the car on the way to the airport when the wheels fell off. We listened to the whole thing on the radio.

I've never seen that second half.

And I've lived with the guilt ever since then of knowing that if we had just stayed at my Mom's house, we would have won that game.

sigh
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK.

Enough time has passed and I'm far enough away from most of you so you can't easily track me down and beat me to a bloody pulp but... that entire loss was my fault.

My wife and I had flown in from Arizona for some family get together or something. We both had to work the next day and my wife had bought the tickets two months before not knowing there would be an Oiler playoff game on that day.

We watched the first half at my Mom's. It was great. We were so psyched and happy. We even saw the interception at the beginning of the second half.

We were in the car on the way to the airport when the wheels fell off. We listened to the whole thing on the radio.

And I've lived with the guilt ever since then of knowing that if we had just stayed at my Mom's house, we would have won that game.

sigh
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
OK.

sigh
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Surely the greatest game was the 1982 AFC Divisional Playoff game between Miami and San Diego.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read