Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2005   #121
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Sorry to hear ACL and MCL, but I will state what I did earlier and that is I think they were there and it was just a matter of time. I honestly believe that a lot of these injuries are accumulative and the result of minor injures over a period of time. They just seem to be little nagging paines that will never go away, but they never really heal. I really do worry about our weight and strength program. To me it seems like we have too many of these kinds of injuries and others. Again, you can build your body and you can tear it down at the same time.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #122
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
Lastly, for DCRock and others, Texansfight is an opportunist. Probably why he is a lawyer. He's the guy chasing the ambulance down the road, just waiting to leap on the first mistake he sees. You will never see him in here after a win, unless it's too complain about Casserly, or threatening to sue because he didn't get his way, like some 2 yr old. I don't feel sorry for Joppru, as much as I do Texansfight's family. Joppru's pain will go away, the family has to live with this pain in the *** alot longer. :brickwall

Porky!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #123
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Slow down man and take it all in. He said "If DD goes down for the year in preseason" so then that might end up being how Morency gains 1,300 yards. He'll have to run them himself but that might give him the opportunity.

As for the rest of it.

1) Remains to be seen.
2) Remains to be seen.
3. Capers can bench anyone, he's the head coach.
4. Remains to be seen.

Though I have to admit I'm personally hoping that Davis stays healthy and busts off a good 1,500 yards this season so in my world Morency doesn't get that opportunity.

Exactly. My point is that you can't criticize the organization for not drafting depth behind an injury-prone TE when they used the pick for depth behind an injury-prone RB. And also, it is only May. Let's not freak out and assume nothing will/can be done.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #124
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Originaly drafting Joppru was'nt a bad pick , he's a victim of bad circumstances .
If you got a new job and the first day you came down with a bad stomach virus and missed two weeks then on the way back to work you were in a car wreck and missed another two weeks and while at the hospital you got a staph infection and missed two more weeks I guess that the employers fault .
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #125
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lastly, for DCRock and others, Texansfight is an opportunist. Probably why he is a lawyer. He's the guy chasing the ambulance down the road, just waiting to leap on the first mistake he sees. You will never see him in here after a win, unless it's too complain about Casserly, or threatening to sue because he didn't get his way, like some 2 yr old. I don't feel sorry for Joppru, as much as I do Texansfight's family. Joppru's pain will go away, the family has to live with this pain in the *** alot longer. :brickwall
First off, I have been on this board many times after a Texans win to give props. I have been very critical of how this team has been run both on the field and at the front office. Palmer's play calling has been terrible and I am sure the vast majority of Texans' fans would like to see his sorry behind gone.

The guy I am mad at really isn't Joppru. I guess it really isn't his fault he is injury prone though I am sure the roids he was taking didn't help. Casserley is the main person who incurs my wrath. I was pissed we passed over Whitten for Joppru on draft day. It is criminally negligent in my mind to go into the season with virtually the same OL that we had last year. That McKinney is coming back much less starting for us at C is a complete and utter joke. Top this off with Palmer not doing a darn thing to protect Carr with regards to scheme and not being the sharpest tool in the shed makes me very wary for the upcoming season.

I agree completely with the previous poster who says we have relied way too much on guys coming off serious injuries and have gotten burned. Boselli, Hollings, and now Joppru. This has got to stop.

I fly down for half of the Texans home games even though I live in New fricking York. Do you have the same commitment?

Finally, I am a real estate attorney and am not an ambulance chaser as I never see a courtroom and involved in multimillion transactions. Nice job with the lawyer bashing. You mush be a Bush supporter as well.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #126
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
I am sure the roids he was taking didn't help.
Those are pretty strong words, can you back that up with proof? No.

With you being a lawyer, you should know that to have a case....you have to have evidence, otherwise all credibilty goes out the door.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #127
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Those are pretty strong words, can you back that up with proof? No.

With you being a lawyer, you should know that to have a case....you have to have evidence, otherwise all credibilty goes out the door.

When did this message board become a court of law? I can speculate and state my OPINION on a message board don't you think. Weakened ligament and tendons are a prime byproduct of steroid use. I don't think it is a stretch that he juiced up once he got into the NFL in order to compete. Why didn't he have these problems in hs or college as others have said.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2005   #128
Lucky

Rep Power: 145116 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...I realize Everett was injured in Buff, but that doesn't neccessarily mean he would have been injured here. I mentioned this at the time, that Everett was there for the taking, and would make a decent emergency starter...
Everett was coming off shoulder surgery and wasn't even able to workout at either the combine or his pro day. He probably came back too quick and wasn't in playing shape prior to the rookie camp. Anyway, the Texans would have had 2 injury prone TEs rather than 1.

I don't understand why people who follow the game closely can't see that the Texans couldn't find a TE in this draft that would help them in '05? They could still make a run at Franks and there are some stop gap type FA TEs still on the market. That's the best hope for this season.
Old 05-17-2005   #129
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:

Finally, I am a real estate attorney and am not an ambulance chaser as I never see a courtroom and involved in multimillion transactions. Nice job with the lawyer bashing. You mush be a Bush supporter as well.
hey man your no better when you bring polotics into it. so why dont yall both stop arguing theres been enough of that on this board and stick to whats important.....THE TEXANS!!!!
Old 05-17-2005   #130
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

anyway bout joppru's injury i dont think really effects the team at all. in reality he never played a down for us meaning he never contributed to us meaning we havent gained or lost anything just lost someone that could have had potential or could very well have been a bust, and another thing that bothers me alot of posters call players that actually play in games injury prone only after being injuried once, i dont think i've really seen someon call joppru injury prone....
Old 05-17-2005   #131
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When did this message board become a court of law? I can speculate and state my OPINION on a message board don't you think. Weakened ligament and tendons are a prime byproduct of steroid use. I don't think it is a stretch that he juiced up once he got into the NFL in order to compete. Why didn't he have these problems in hs or college as others have said.
You said he was taking steroids, that is no opinion. If you are going to say anything about anyone here or on any other MB, especially something like that, you better provide a source or link or you could end up in some trouble. You can't say a person does this or that just because thye show signs of something.
Old 05-17-2005   #132
THEFUTURE
All Pro

For any fan that gets on joppru's case for being injured, go to hell. you think your upset? think how upset this guy is, he was finally healthy, and workin out hard everyday, playing well in the offseason, and a freak injury happens, it happens all the time. this isnt the same injury for the 2rd time, its a totally seperate one, no one could have expected this injury... Jason Witten, no one. not a single GM thought he was going to be as good as he is, or go tell every other teams GM in the NFL they are *****s too, cuz were not the only team that passed on him, and joppru was better prospect for us for a reason, he is a very talented all around TE.. no one possibly could have known what was going to happen to BJ... as for this years draft, if bennie stayed healthy like we thought he would, he was better than any tight end in this years draft... TEXANS FIGHT, you are horrible, stop posting stuff you dont know anything about. go be a raider fan or something.. palmer continues to show more and more of our offense as we get the pieces to the puzzle in place... 5 YEAR PLAN, get that straight. .. the point of not doing anything to the line is how we think we can help DC, by giving the line some consistency for once, and not just keep changing things over and over every season, otherwise the line wont get any cohesiveness together
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #133
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
hey man your no better when you bring polotics into it. so why dont yall both stop arguing theres been enough of that on this board and stick to whats important.....THE TEXANS!!!!
My compliments to you. It's a sad day when this 16 year old has more maturity then the 30 and 40 year olds.... Good job TTF16.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #134
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha thanks....now jopprus injusry, what is it a torn Acl or is that what they speculate? cause i dont know of many players who come bak after an injury such as a torn acl and ever play to what they could have or already did. so if joppru didnt heal and somehow made it through mini camp alive next year i we could put him in during the preseason and see how he steps up. i know of one player who has and thats willis mcgahee if thats how u spell it so theres hope....
Old 05-17-2005   #135
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Question for all you optimists who might think we're just a TE away from this
years playoffs, would you be willing to swap our 2006 #1 for the Steelers top pick from last months college Draft ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #136
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56384 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Everett was coming off shoulder surgery and wasn't even able to workout at either the combine or his pro day. He probably came back too quick and wasn't in playing shape prior to the rookie camp. Anyway, the Texans would have had 2 injury prone TEs rather than 1.

I don't understand why people who follow the game closely can't see that the Texans couldn't find a TE in this draft that would help them in '05? They could still make a run at Franks and there are some stop gap type FA TEs still on the market. That's the best hope for this season.
Good points Lucky. I bow to your wisdom.
Old 05-17-2005   #137
Red House
Rookie

Quote:
The guy I am mad at really isn't Joppru. I guess it really isn't his fault he is injury prone though I am sure the roids he was taking didn't help.

Umm...TexansFight, I am a lawyer as well (Real Estate and Energy Law) and I hate to break it to you, but stating that the "roids [Bennie Joppru] was taking didn't help" is not an opinion. You did not say "I think...." or "I speculate" or place a winking smiley face after the statement; No, what you said was a statement of fact and a defamatory one at that. With the negative light that lawyers are so constantly viewed in the last thing the profession needs is one throwing out random defamatory comments on bulletin boards. I am sure Bennie feels terrible about losing yet another season, but that doesn't justify calling him a steroid abuser without offering up something in the way of proof.
Red House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #138
SA Fan
Rookie

You know,
I bet most people would like to have bret Favre's career or Emmit Smith's career.

But I bet if they had a chance to pick between their current career and Bennie Joppru's career, they'd pick Joppru's in a second.

Getting paid over 2 Million to sit on your BUMM for a couple of years.

Sorry for the filtered word
Better Than Bucs

Last edited by SA Fan; 05-17-2005 at 07:35 PM.
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #139
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red House
Umm...TexansFight, I am a lawyer as well (Real Estate and Energy Law) and I hate to break it to you, but stating that the "roids [Bennie Joppru] was taking didn't help" is not an opinion. You did not say "I think...." or "I speculate" or place a winking smiley face after the statement; No, what you said was a statement of fact and a defamatory one at that. With the negative light that lawyers are so constantly viewed in the last thing the profession needs is one throwing out random defamatory comments on bulletin boards. I am sure Bennie feels terrible about losing yet another season, but that doesn't justify calling him a steroid abuser without offering up something in the way of proof.
GET HIM!!!!
Old 05-17-2005   #140
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Fan
You know,
I bet most people would like to have bret Favre's career or Emmit Smith's career.

But I bet if they had a chance to pick between their current career and Bennie Joppru's career, they'd pick Joppru's in a second.

Getting paid over 2 Million to sit on your *** for a couple of years.

dont think bennie likes sitting there not being able to contribute, he comes back from two injuries and tries his hardest to compete and was doing a darn good job. What you want him to run through walls, lift 747s with a pinky... i mean c'mon the guy is human. he got hurt. If it was you in his position wouldnt you want the fans to know you are trying like hell to play, and then all of a sudden some injury comes out of no where to take the guy down. you didnt hear anyone complaining of how he milked the two mill up until now when he got hurt again, like he ever wanted to get hurt his first season... heck maybe your right, maybe he went out on the field, and purpossely tore his groin, and caused himself tons of pain, just so he could sit on the bench, watch the game that he loves to play, and just collect money... WAIT SOMEONE SLAP ME! thats garbage and everyone knows it, the guy wants to play, wants to contribute.. he never asked for this. ... You know what, lets do what everyone wants and cut him right, The next thing you know, he comes back healthy next year for some other team and contributes... and you jump on casserly and dom for releasing him, that you knew he was our future tight end

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read