Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2005   #101
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Some of you seem to be quote knowledgeable concerning roids, but perhaps not. This is a big disappointment to me also, but some people just do have bad luck and I've been their myself. If its a torn ACL then perhaps its just one of those things. I think others on our club have had the same thing. May be he had worked out too hard and put to much stress to early. After all we had how many out our 2nd year? Capers said we had our best year ever in the weight room. If our guys are in as good a shape as he says why are we loosing so many to injuries. Yes, injuries are not uncommon in the NFL, but I think we are running above average. Is our weight program stressing the musscles to much? It could be. I know Riley is an expert, but sometimes you can go too far.

In the early part of the seasn last year Fresno State lost its best back at the end of the Kansas game to a similar injury. Why they played the player at that point in the game was beyond me, but they did. That cost them probably the WAC conference title and you name it, because the back was that good. I believe they would have beat Boise if they had that back. Sometimes I think these kinds of injuries are disasters waiting to happen. In other words I think there is a partial injury that really is not diagnoisable or obvious and when the right move is made it just reveals itself. Others are obviously the result of a tackle or play. I think BJ's was the former. Sometimes I think players should go through a CAT Scan after every game. I think it would be amazing what they would find. I guess we can hope its something minor that looks bad, but my guess he would miss most of the mini camps and that would be a disaster for him learning wise.

Many were hopeful that his blocking ability would help the O-line, but quite frankly I though he would have to be brought along slowly to avoid reinjury. I have a feeling they and he tried to move too quickly and this is the end result. I can't fault someone for trying too hard. All the players quoted seem to say BJ wanted to perform, but may be that was his achelles heel. We will just have to wait and see.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #102
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Joppru doesn't look like he is a roid hound. I've seen them up close and personal. I think this is just reaching.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #103
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
Wonderful News Bennie "they called me Mr. Glass" Joppru is a bust of epic proportions. He hasn't seen ONE friggin down in an NFL game. Another Casserley 2nd or 3rd round bust. To think we could have drafted Jason Whitten who is a star with the Cowboys. Before the draft I was looking forward to the season and a playoff push but I don't think we are close. With McKinney as our starting center, no decent TE, and the drafting of TJ instead of DJ I think we will be luck to reach 7-9 again. Great another season of seeing David Carr running around with no offensive line protection. Awesome.

Oh Bennie, this is your alter ego. You suck and you stole money, get the hell out of Houston. I can't wait till we cut his ***.

TexansFight that just might be the worst post I've seen in 2005. Jumping on a player who's had a terrible run of luck and is injured is reprehensible.

This type of response disgusts me.
Old 05-17-2005   #104
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it hard to believe so many fans have such hatred in their hearts when one of ours goes down with unfortunate injuries. It's a bunch of us too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #105
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Pile of horse manure. Any rookie >>> Miller + Breauner.
A pile, huh? Well who is this TE the Texans could have drafted who would have walked right in to the starting lineup & solved all of the Texans problems at the position? I've already refuted your suggestions of Heath Miller & the TEs taken in the 3rd round. Here's a
list of the TEs drafted this season.. If you're going to call someone out for a statement they made, try to back it up with some facts.

I understand your frustration, but this was a historically poor draft for TEs.
Old 05-17-2005   #106
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I find it hard to believe so many fans have such hatred in their hearts when one of ours goes down with unfortunate injuries. It's a bunch of us too.
Vinny! You and I will agree on this one, but part of it is the realization that BJ was a big part of this year's dream and his reinjury has dashed a lot of hopes. I think a lot of people knew a healthy BJ ment a lot to the Texans. I really feel there is no question that a healthy BJ would have been a big asset to this ball club. God willing the injury is not as bad as it looks. I think the other realization is that the Texan's do not appear to have an alternate plan or replacement and people are frustrated. They want so much to have a winning ball club. We have a lot of talent, but we just can't seem to get over the hump.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #107
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
If you are such a super fan like you claim you are by calling me out, you would know that the pass rush from the 3-4 we run comes from our linebackers. DJ would have been excellent at rushing the passer while a fat DL with issues regarding his work ethic and character does not exactly fit the bill.
No some of the pass rush comes from the LB's in a 3-4. Think back to Gary Walker with 6 sacks in 2002.

DJ would have improved the pass rush more than TJ? Now that's going out on a limb. Let's see DJ rarely blitzed in college and never pass rushed. On top of that, he would have played ILB with the Texans which isn't where he would get a ton of sack opportunities--Sharper & Foreman combined for 13.5 sacks over three seasons--compare that to Wong who has had 14 by himself over that time period.
Old 05-17-2005   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
I'll tell you who we should have drafted. His name is

John Doe (TE) (UC:Where ever) >>>> Miller + Brauner.... That is just a fact......
No, that would be the classic example of an unsubstantiated opinion.
Old 05-17-2005   #109
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll tell you who we should have drafted. His name is

John Doe (TE) (UC:Where ever) ...
Good news! The Texans were able to pick your guy up as an UDFA. Here's his bio.

Problem solved.
Old 05-17-2005   #110
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pile of horse manure. Any rookie >>> Miller + Breauner. Oh jeeze, better than what we have now. Bennie with torn ACL? Were we suppose to be a 2 TE formation team anyways? Drafting a TE would not have hurt the Texans.

This offense is slowly degrading. Old-Weak-Slow people in the o-line and totaly ineffective TE combination. + the most boring offensive coodinator in the league. Am I Palmer Bashing....why yes I am! OHHHHHH....ohhhhh I bashed Palmer Ohhhhhh.... bad Texans fan.... bad! "season has not started and palmer is getting bashed already"..predictable.... puhhlease

We might go < 7-9 this season. Lets face it, the Coaches totaly placed too much faith in Juppro and it blew in thier faces. We got rid of two good players to free the CAP and now we got to use the extra money on some old-weak-slow TE and we now have to overpay (uhh Bubba?). Oh wait the TE was never the problem....... According to Palmer the QB just did not do his JOB.

:brickwall

Trust me, we do not make the playoffs Capers and his hooeys are gone! They will not get a 5th season <7-9. The moves they made this offseason pretty much guarantee that we are not making the playoffs. No O-line and the cover 2 will shut us down once again without a good TE.

Pardon me but I have been fraustrated about the line and the TE situation since 2003. I am tired of it!

Wow! Only Weigert is significantly over 30 years old on our OL.

If Davis goes down for the year in preseason and Morency ends up with 1300 yards, I wonder if you'd still wish we'd drafted a TE. You sure can't say that a second day pick would have secured a TE upgrade. If so, then you must also see the the Hodgdon pick in the 5th will be an upgrade for McKinney.

Why don't you either gain a little perspective or move to Dallas?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #111
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So Casserley should get another pass when he could have selected a stud TE and instead drafted a major bust. Does Casserley ever need to be held accountable? To sunshine pumpers like yourself the answer is no.
Very clever how you disguise the naughty words like that.

No GM or head coach should get blamed for a player suddenly becoming injury-prone that had no history of it. If Joppru had proved to flat out suck on the field, then you can start the Casserly bashing, but in this case it's just poor luck for everyone. Regardless, the majority of Casserly's picks have turned out to be what they wanted - if not more - in them. As of now Joppru is the only one who might even be considered a bust, and it's not even because of performance issues. I seriously doubt you were screaming this nonsense when he was drafted, unless you have special powers like the magical genies you see in late-night infomercials.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #112
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So did they ever say what the deal was with Joppru as far as his injury is concerned?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #113
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ehhhhhh how can Morency gain 1,300 yards if DD ends up starting 100% of the time. Another case of BOB laying the facts. Here they are.....

1) DD has more talent that this Morency fellow!
2) DD is on another level compared to this morency dude
3) Capers cannot bench DD even if he is struggling cause we are simply not starting a rookie over a guy who has 1000 yards in the past 2 years.
4) Morency pick was an utter BS pick.

Slow down man and take it all in. He said "If DD goes down for the year in preseason" so then that might end up being how Morency gains 1,300 yards. He'll have to run them himself but that might give him the opportunity.

As for the rest of it.

1) Remains to be seen.
2) Remains to be seen.
3. Capers can bench anyone, he's the head coach.
4. Remains to be seen.

Though I have to admit I'm personally hoping that Davis stays healthy and busts off a good 1,500 yards this season so in my world Morency doesn't get that opportunity.
Old 05-17-2005   #114
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You could look at Buffalo who at one time had Thurman Thomas starting with Ken Davis backing up and the two of them played in a run n shoot style offense. Yet both of them gained 1,000 yards each.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #115
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

So what are the chances we can pursue Bubba Franks? What kind of price tag would he have?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #116
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry

In the early part of the seasn last year Fresno State lost its best back at the end of the Kansas game to a similar injury. Why they played the player at that point in the game was beyond me, but they did. That cost them probably the WAC conference title and you name it, because the back was that good. I believe they would have beat Boise if they had that back.

It was sickening the injury to RB Dewayne Wright. Why he was in I don't know when we're up by 28. This guy would have been drafted rnd 1-2 if he came out this past draft. That's beside the point. You have to feel for Joppru, I wished as much as anyone he would be healthy for this year. Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but it probably is. I don't think the whole season is over because we lost him, we have gotten better each year w/ out him. I hope we can bring someone in to help the TE situation, but there's not much left out there and we would over pay for Franks.
Old 05-17-2005   #117
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
So what are the chances we can pursue Bubba Franks? What kind of price tag would he have?
He'd have to be signed to a contract the Packers couldn't/wouldn't match. I think the minimum salary Franks gets as a transition tag TE is just over $2 million. A big roster bonus for '05 and a option bonus in '06 spread out over the length of the contract might back off the Pack from matching. Anyway, Franks wouldn't come cheap.
Old 05-17-2005   #118
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I think this is as good a time as any to use our cap money...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #119
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Joppru is a bust in the truest sense of the word, but blaming Casserly is just ignorant. Unless some of you have a direct line to the Amazing Kreskin, blaming Casserly is akin to blaming the iceburg for the Titanic disaster.

Now, where I think the FO can be called into question is the lack of a backup plan. With a guy with his history, you would think we would have had a legitamite two way TE we could run out there as a starter, just in case. I hate to but are we better off with Glenn, and a 2nd and 3rd pick from this years draft, or PB alone? I realize Everett was injured in Buff, but that doesn't neccessarily mean he would have been injured here. I mentioned this at the time, that Everett was there for the taking, and would make a decent emergency starter. Oh well. Unless we get Bubba Franks, or some other legit two way TE, there is no way this team makes a playoff run.

The Morency bashing is just plain dumb. No need to comment.

Lastly, for DCRock and others, Texansfight is an opportunist. Probably why he is a lawyer. He's the guy chasing the ambulance down the road, just waiting to leap on the first mistake he sees. You will never see him in here after a win, unless it's too complain about Casserly, or threatening to sue because he didn't get his way, like some 2 yr old. I don't feel sorry for Joppru, as much as I do Texansfight's family. Joppru's pain will go away, the family has to live with this pain in the *** alot longer. :brickwall
Old 05-17-2005   #120
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Oh this sucks...when I heard he got carried off the field, I knew it was serious.

Damn, I knew we should have went after Franks, but you can't blame the FO for believing that Joppru's health wouldn't be a question this season. Hopefully Joppru can be 100% and injury free for 2006.
------

Texans | Joppru Has Torn ACL, Out for 2005 Season - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 12:22:33 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports for the third consecutive year, Houston Texans TE Bennie Joppru (knee) has suffered a season-ending injury as an MRI confirmed that the third-year pro suffered a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the entire 2005 season. Joppru, who suffered the injury during a non-contact drill during practice Monday, May 16, also suffered a slight tear in his MCL. Since being selected in the second round of the 2003 NFL Draft, Joppru has yet to play in a regular season game due to injuries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read