Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2005   #41
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I think it is time to say "Thank you for your services" and cut our losses.
What services has he preformed??? Carrying Billy Miller's pads and helmet is the only thing I can think of...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #42
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the story out of the Chronicle.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3184586
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #43
SESupergenius

SNAKEBIT! Joppru Boselli.

Texans | Joppru Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 17:31:30 -0700

Updating a previous story, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the injured suffered by Houston Texans TE Bennie Joppru (knee) appears to be a torn ACL. If confirmed, Joppru would likely be sidelined for a third straight season. Joppru will undergo an MRI exam Tuesday, May 17.
Old 05-16-2005   #44
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Updating a previous story, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the injured suffered by Houston Texans TE Bennie Joppru (knee) appears to be a torn ACL. If confirmed, Joppru would likely be sidelined for a third straight season. Joppru will undergo an MRI exam Tuesday, May 17.

:brickwall My god... Well, just when I had hope, poof. :brickwall

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #45
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's hope Casserly makes a deal for Bubba Franks...He's the best TE left on the market, and it's pretty obvious Joppru is never going to play a down for us...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #46
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

How soon can can we get Franks in here? Seriously, Joppru's career could be over before it even started...
Old 05-16-2005   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
How soon can can we get Franks in here?...
Franks is a transition tag FA, so he can sign an offer sheet with any team until July 22. The Packers would then have 7 days to match the offer. If they don't match, no compensation is given.

I was all for the Texans pursuing Peter Boulware. Now, I think the cap room would be served on Franks. So I was for the Boulware signing...until I was against it. I now have empathy for John Kerry.
Old 05-16-2005   #48
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Please sign Franks. Our TE situation is very depressing now.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #49
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

hhhmmm that would be an awesome sight.....bubba franks in a texans uniform. this could be a sweet deal but eh im not sure i think it will happen. IMO
Old 05-16-2005   #50
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
So I was for the Boulware signing...until I was against it. I now have empathy for John Kerry.
hahaha

I am for us getting franks now even more than I was before. He has the ability to block and catch . He can take a lot of pressure off our WRs like he did in GB(ferguson, walker, and driver flourished with him there). I really wouldnt mind paying a little more for him to make sure we land him.

He could really help our redzone scoring percentage.
Old 05-16-2005   #51
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just thinking too, I think Green Bay is having some cap problems which could help us if we decide to go after Franks. I say we make Franks a good offer, nothing too crazy though...Man we need a TE... :brickwall
Old 05-16-2005   #52
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

he will er get better, well not for the looks of it. if he'sout the rest of this season than he will be gone next season for sure.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #53
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What were Franks stats last year? I mean would we be signing him in a long-term situation or a temporary fix?
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #54
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah but it's gonna be hard for him to sit out all season even though he knows he's going to need to. He's gonna wanna be out there with the rest playing, i know been there done that. It's hard to just be the one on the sidelines watching others play or do what you love.
Old 05-16-2005   #55
LBblitz
Veteran

Just a thought: If im not mistaken he is from the "U" and AJ and PBuch could really help the negotiations

Bubba Franks:

Has never missed a game as a pro, seeing action in 64 straight contests (69 including playoffs)
Including his scoring pass in 2002, it marked the first time since 1991 that three Packers threw for touchdown (also Brett Favre and Doug Pederson) in a season
Fourth tight end in Packers history to be named to the Pro Bowl joining Ron Kramer (1962), Paul Coffman (1982-84) and Mark Chmura (1995, 1997-98)
Interestingly, his first touchdown receptions as a collegian (in 1997 at Pittsburgh) and in the professional ranks (in 2000 at Tampa Bay) came on fake field goal attempts
Was only the third tight ever drafted by Green Bay in the first round - and the first in 30 years (Rich McGeorge in 1970 being the last) - when the Packers tabbed him 14th overall in 2000
Caught a 20-yard pass from President of the United States George W. Bush, like him a West Texas native, when the then-Texas governor made a surprise visit to a Packers practice Sept. 28, 2000, during his presidential campaign
While in college, he worked as a caddy at LaGorce Country Club in Miami Beach during the summer months
Old 05-16-2005   #56
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring in the Bubba!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #57
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure do look forward to the day when Billy Miller can't make this team. No offense intended, but he's not an NFL caliber TE and yet, I'm afraid this is going to be the 4th consecutive season where I watch him play quite a bit for my team.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #58
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Man Joppru has the worst luck, but as for Franks I say we go for him. Hes like 6'5" 260lbs, thats like combining Billy Miller and Seth Wand.
Old 05-16-2005   #59
SA Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
Charley Casserly's to do list - May 16th, 2005:

8:00 am - Drop off laundry at cleaners
8:30 - Monster Truck Rally on SpikeTV
9:00 - Surf the web for scantily clad females
11:00 - Play Everquest, and try to level up one
noon - Lunch with Shaune Bagwell. Make request to see advertising
1:30 - Watch TIVO'd version of Desperate Housewives
3:00 - Tony Danza. What else?
4:00 - Challenge David Carr to a duel of "running around in circles" as fast as you can to perpare for the upcoming season
4:30 - Nap
5:00 - go home

New Item for to do list April 22nd, 2006: Get a friggin TE who isn't old, can't block, or doesn't get injured everytime he plays tiddly winks.

ROFL

Man, When I read this I just had to laugh. It Sucks for Joppru and the Texans but sometimes when you hear bad news you just have to laugh.
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005   #60
SA Fan
Rookie

good Canadian Smiley Face
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read