Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2005   #201
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. as much as I was hoping for Joppru to make an impact this season, I do think it is time to look for another TE... If Joppru is as good as advertised (can block and recieve) I wouldn't mind us finding another TE (that can do the same) and then when we use a two TE formation of (Insert name here) and Joppru.. It has got to be better than the Miller and Bruenner combo ... I like both of those guys,but in the nfl a team has to have a 2 dimensional TE..and these guys are only one.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #202
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Dave
Man I really feel for this guy, 3 seperate injurys, 3 strait years, with the things he's thinking about, and are bound to be running through his mind at this time. I hope he's religious.
I believe the second injury was a reinjury of the first, I could be wrong but don't think so. He is young and healthy, a year off to recover and who knows what might happen.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #203
briptexanfan
Rookie

Default troy's injuries

http://wwws1.countryday.net/2007/ludowb/Dangerous.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Like I said I NEVER saw Troy wear a knee brace...at the beginning of his career, during the wonder years or at the end of his career. It also seems rather odd that he was drafted #1 out of college and there was never a mention of him having these horrible ACL injuries.

I do remember him hurting his finger, I remember him hurting his back and I remember him getting concussions. I also remember him bursting his bursa sac on his elbow once. That looked very painful.

BTW..I'm sorry to hear of your injuries and hope you are completely recovered from them.
thought i would settle this for yall

hope this link works of troy's injuries. try link above
briptexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #204
briptexanfan
Rookie

one more try.http://wwws1.countryday.net/2007/lud...erous_game.htm

hope this link works of troy's injuries. try link above[/quote]
Old 05-21-2005   #205
briptexanfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briptexanfan
one more try.http://wwws1.countryday.net/2007/lud...erous_game.htm

hope this link works of troy's injuries. try link above
[/quote]

that did not work either. what the site said was troy sprained LCL on right knee on 11/24/1991 and sprained MCL on left knee on 11/20/94 and finally a severe bruise on left knee on 11/12/95 also. lots and lots of other injuries but that was it on the knees. good sight on football injuries if you can find it.
Old 05-21-2005   #206
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well thanks for trying with the link anyway. I never seem to do that properly myself.

There is alot of difference between spraining your knee and a torn ACL...but it's not a major issue really except maybe to Troy who had to do the suffering!

I don't know if I could stand the physical abuse NFL players have to sustain throughout their careers. It sure leads to alot of problems for them later in life.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #207
Jay
Rookie

Default Bennie Joppru

I guess I missed this. Bennie Joppru is not on the Texans roster. When was he released?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2005   #208
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

I.R.
Injured again...
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #209
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Joppru is on the Texans roster. But he injured his knee in minicamp & will likely be placed on the injured reserve list prior to the season.
Old 08-01-2005   #210
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wouldn't be to upset if he was released. There comes a point and time where you just have to cut your losses. Even if he does make it back next year he'll be like 3 1/2 years removed from football.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #211
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Why release a prospect who is isn't a big cap hit and had a 2nd round grade? He will just sign with another team and play when he gets healthy. If he was a cap problem then we should release him but to release him now makes zero football sense since we have room on IR.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #212
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

could a guy have any worse luck? I've never felt so bad for an athlete as I do for him.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #213
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I really wouldn't be to upset if he was released. There comes a point and time where you just have to cut your losses. Even if he does make it back next year he'll be like 3 1/2 years removed from football.
Nobody with the Texans organization will be asking me, but I don't think we
should quit on him if he's willing to try it again next year. Afterall, he is yet
to quit on himself although he may decide to do so after this years injury. The thing is, none of this is his fault, anymore than anybody could fault Cass for drafting him back in 2003 - he had no history of being a fragile player, let alone anyone who would have such an incredibly unfortunate series of severe injurys over 3 consecutive years. But as usual, the financial consideration
re the cap consequences for us will be the factor that weighs the most in whether the Texans go another year with BJ.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #214
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
could a guy have any worse luck? I've never felt so bad for an athlete as I do for him.
Its like groundhog day every training camp. I agree, not like his cap hit is hurting us. Reminds me of a guy named Yatil Green from Miami. Atleast BJ's story has reached this level: Yatil Green
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #215
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Why release a prospect who is isn't a big cap hit and had a 2nd round grade? He will just sign with another team and play when he gets healthy. If he was a cap problem then we should release him but to release him now makes zero football sense since we have room on IR.
This one you and I agree on Vinny. The guy had a lot of potential. The real question is, will it still be there if and when he gets healthy? He had the potential to be the dominent TE we were looking for and its peanuts we are spending while we are waiting to see if it will ever happen. Accounting wise what has already been spent is not a factor, its what we will spend from here on that matters. Nobody is going to trade for him, so you keep investing and hoping, but you won't get many opportunites from here on to get someone like him from the draft if we are as successful as many hope.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #216
Zac
Rookie

So, is Jopporu out for the entire season again? Or is there a possibility that the can come back at some point in the season?

This is a real bummer that this is going to be the third full season he has missed! :brickwall
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #217
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
but you won't get many opportunites from here on to get someone like him from the draft if we are as successful as many hope.
Lets just hope we are so successful that we will be picking in the big numbered end of the draft, but I'm sure you know that teams can usually get top TEs at far less the price than say top LTs. Its not that unusualy to get a very good TE in the 3rd round.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #218
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Joppru recovers fully, and becomes a great tight end for the Texans. Regardless of whether he does or does not, I hope the Texans take a tight end on the first day of the 2006 draft, and I would be quite pleased if the Texans used a first or second round pick on a tight end. Mark Bruenner is not getting any younger, and Billy Miller is more of a big WR than a big, run-blocking, pass-catching TE. As Bruenner begins to phase out, it would be great to have two solid tight ends on the roster. Or, if Joppru does not recover the way we hope that he will, the Texans will certainly need at least one really good, multi-talented tight end.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #219
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be upset if they released him. Just like everybody else I know its not his fault and its very unfortunate the way his career has started off. Having said that you still only have so long to prove yourself in this league. I hope that he'll be able to produce for us, god everyone knows we need a complete te, I'm just saying patience is wearing thin.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #220
tobybernard
waterboy

Default Bennie Joppru

I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE LOOP FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS, CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? WHAT IS THE STATUS OFBENNIE JOPPRU? DID THE TEXANS FINALLY RELEASE HIM?? HE STILL APPEARS ON THE TEXANS ROSTER ON TEH WEBSITE
tobybernard is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read