Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Houston Texans

Texans Draft Grades Video

Good afternoon Texans Fans! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Houston Texans

Shout out back to ya Diggy. I think I'll wait till at least the end of this season to draw conclusions on a Draft Grade but always look forward to your input.

I think/hope you're making a wrong call on DeVier Posey. Perhaps he could have been drafted later but several things I've read indicate he'd been gone by our next pick and had he been able to play last season at The OSU he was at the least a 2nd round pick so a case can be made that he was a value there. It all depends on what happens on the field this upcoming season.

I agree with you on Case Keenum. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. Unlike many others here, I like TJ Yates as well and think that he'll be a fine QB in this system that he ran for 4 years before he got here.

I know it was a short clip but I think the FO did a great job in replenishing dept on the O line as well.

Also our UDFA haul beside Keenum, namely, Dwight Jones?

Have goot one.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We are on same page but I gave Texan's a C-. What played into my grade was not so much who they selected but who they could have and did not. The second round was loaded and they traded out. It could work but then again I could get prettier.

2012 draft imo was a high risk maneuver when we should have gone with safer picks.
Old 05-13-2012   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Shout out back to ya Diggy. I think I'll wait till at least the end of this season to draw conclusions on a Draft Grade but always look forward to your input.

I think/hope you're making a wrong call on DeVier Posey. Perhaps he could have been drafted later but several things I've read indicate he'd been gone by our next pick and had he been able to play last season at The OSU he was at the least a 2nd round pick so a case can be made that he was a value there. It all depends on what happens on the field this upcoming season.

I agree with you on Case Keenum. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. Unlike many others here, I like TJ Yates as well and think that he'll be a fine QB in this system that he ran for 4 years before he got here.

I know it was a short clip but I think the FO did a great job in replenishing dept on the O line as well.

Also our UDFA haul beside Keenum, namely, Dwight Jones?

Have goot one.
Thanks Homie! You're right about Dwight Jones...keep an eye on him. In my WR rankings I gave him a 2nd/3rd round grade. Does a great job of "High-Pointing" the football! I'm excited to see Keenum in Preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We are on same page but I gave Texan's a C-. What played into my grade was not so much who they selected but who they could have and did not. The second round was loaded and they traded out. It could work but then again I could get prettier.

2012 draft imo was a high risk maneuver when we should have gone with safer picks.
Thanks BadBoy! That's what threw me off...especially with the opportunity to grab a quality WR.
Old 05-13-2012   #5
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected

I think passing on Ruben Randle was the biggest miskate and we will regret it in the future.

Unlike other people here I don't think Posey was a second rounder if he would have played the whole year, I have many friends from OSU who said that he wasn't that great and its difficult to judge how good a player is based only on highlights so I incline to believe them.

Randle was there and if we would have got him, this draft deserved a B+ or even an A, getting two first rounders in the first two picks is a good deal every day of the week.

Getting Brooks on the third, Jones and Crick on the fourth, I could live with Walter on the slot and pass on Keyshawn. And even after saying that I think Martin will be more productive than Posey.

Anyway, we will have to wait and see....hopefully Im wrong.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #6
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
I think passing on Ruben Randle was the biggest miskate and we will regret it in the future.

Unlike other people here I don't think Posey was a second rounder if he would have played the whole year, I have many friends from OSU who said that he wasn't that great and its difficult to judge how good a player is based only on highlights so I incline to believe them.

Randle was there and if we would have got him, this draft deserved a B+ or even an A, getting two first rounders in the first two picks is a good deal every day of the week.

Getting Brooks on the third, Jones and Crick on the fourth, I could live with Walter on the slot and pass on Keyshawn. And even after saying that I think Martin will be more productive than Posey.

Anyway, we will have to wait and see....hopefully Im wrong.
Dude.. If I were near you, I'd buy you a beer A part of me was a little hurt that the Texans didn't take Randle in Round 1.. but I understood the Mercilus pick and I don't have a problem with it. The Posey pick blew me away because I don't trust ANY skill player from OSU.. they are beneficiaries of an outstanding offensive line.
Old 05-13-2012   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
The Posey pick blew me away because I don't trust ANY skill player from OSU.. they are beneficiaries of an outstanding offensive line.
Yeah, yeah - and Emmitt was just a too slow, too small RB who benefited from an outstanding OL.

Couldn't find a single Posey highlight, hmmm?
Old 05-13-2012   #8
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

rueben randles face irks me tbh..

Old 05-13-2012   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post

He ain't the prettiest dog in the window but when I kept hearing the "He's lazy" knock on him I didn't see him being a Texan. Watching him during the combine and YouTube clips I was sold but there had to be a reason he was the 64th pick instead going in the 1st or early 2nd. Giants may have gotten a steal or a tapered brownie that lays in the yard. Again, too early to judge.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #10
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:

He does have that "Huh?" face...

But don't let the sleepy face fool you... As drs23 said, the Giants got themselves a steal
Old 05-13-2012   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Diggy,

Always great to see you!

I agree with most of your analysis. I think Crick is a monster in the shadows, if he can stay healthy he is going to be a star!

I'm not a fan of Yates, even though he was able to step up and keep us in the playoffs last year. Keenum is a great pickup and when he is ready I believe he is better than Yates by far.

Posey is an enigma. I'm not conviced he's a weak as everyone is saying he is going to be. I don't think he can be the Man, but I do believe he can take pressure off the Man. He looks like he has the ability to get open even when there is nothing there. He has good hands and has decent size. If they can use him to stretch the Defense away from Andre or the TE, he can be a potent weapon.

Thanks as always.
Old 05-14-2012   #12
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, yeah - and Emmitt was just a too slow, too small RB who benefited from an outstanding OL.

Couldn't find a single Posey highlight, hmmm?
Emmitt had tremendous vision and balance... he would've been great in any offense. Posey just isn't a special talent...just a "decent' WR
Old 05-14-2012   #13
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Hey Diggy,

Always great to see you!

I agree with most of your analysis. I think Crick is a monster in the shadows, if he can stay healthy he is going to be a star!

I'm not a fan of Yates, even though he was able to step up and keep us in the playoffs last year. Keenum is a great pickup and when he is ready I believe he is better than Yates by far.

Posey is an enigma. I'm not conviced he's a weak as everyone is saying he is going to be. I don't think he can be the Man, but I do believe he can take pressure off the Man. He looks like he has the ability to get open even when there is nothing there. He has good hands and has decent size. If they can use him to stretch the Defense away from Andre or the TE, he can be a potent weapon.

Thanks as always.
Thanks Big Cooper, I appreciate that!! While Posey may not be the stud...he is an upgrade over Jacoby Jones. He'll be consistent
Old 05-14-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans Draft Grades Video

Good afternoon Texans Fans! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em
Did Obama appoint you Czar of the Playbook?
Old 05-14-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Big Cooper, I appreciate that!! While Posey may not be the stud...he is an upgrade over Jacoby Jones. He'll be consistent
An upgrade over Jacoby is what we need.
Why would we expect a third round receiver to be "a stud"?

Also, I noticed that Posey either draw coverage toward him or run a deep route to allow Dane Sanzenbacher to have a good career with those TDs (11 in 2010 and 6 in 2009).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #16
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Did Obama appoint you Czar of the Playbook?
Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
An upgrade over Jacoby is what we need.
Why would we expect a third round receiver to be "a stud"?

Also, I noticed that Posey either draw coverage toward him or run a deep route to allow Dane Sanzenbacher to have a good career with those TDs (11 in 2010 and 6 in 2009).
Its the fact that 1. Better WRs were on the board that could've helped you guys more so than Posey 2. The threat of Terrelle Pryor running made that whole offense work... More guys in the box, 1 less guy in coverage, more zone and less man coverage on the strength of a mobile QB.
Old 05-14-2012   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He looks stoned ......

Man where's the dorito's ?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe!

Its the fact that 1. Better WRs were on the board that could've helped you guys more so than Posey 2. The threat of Terrelle Pryor running made that whole offense work... More guys in the box, 1 less guy in coverage, more zone and less man coverage on the strength of a mobile QB.
Not from where I sit, Em!

It helped Sanzen, sure; Posey, not so much.

I'm pretty sure Posey saw more double coverage than Randle or Dwight Jones. In fact, I'm sure of it.
Old 05-14-2012   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe!

You obviously didnt do your homework on this pick prior to posting the opinion.

Where was Prior last season when in the three games Posey played he put up numbers comparable to those the two prior seasons.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You obviously didnt do your homework on this pick prior to posting the opinion.

Where was Prior last season when in the three games Posey played he put up numbers comparable to those the two prior seasons.
Also, I had mentioned that Posey should have had at least another couple of TDs last year and some 150-200 addl' yards if his QBs can only be Jefferson and Lee (the 2 LSU QBs).

Another receiver that hardly saw double coverage is Wright; I don't think I ever saw one instance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read