Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most Likely to Happen
Top 3 ranked scoring offense 2 2.86%
Barwin: 17.5 sacks 2 2.86%
Schaub: 16 regular season starts and 4,500 yards passing 7 10.00%
Yates: 3,000 yards passing 3 4.29%
Foster/Tate: combine for 3,800 all purpose yards 7 10.00%
JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Crick, Jamison: 18 sacks combined 9 12.86%
Dwight Jones, LeStar Jean, DeVier Posey: Any one of them, 680 yards receiving 6 8.57%
Cushing: 145 tackles AND 4 Ints 1 1.43%
Kjax, J.Jo: 7 INT's combined 27 38.57%
#1 Ranked scoring defense 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Likely to Happen: 2012 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Kareem Jackson gets 0 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints
Repped for being funny!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #22
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It doens't add up, LOL!
I think that because they had 5 last year, they should be able to get 2 more this year is what the point was.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I dunno...

I just assumed he would as he was usually the first man in when Watt or Smith needed a breather...

He always seemed to make plays too.
If somebody else makes the squad over Jamison, the better the team will be.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #24
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I had some pretty good laugh with the responses.

Basically, if we get close on any of the choices, it would help other(s).

The best thing is for us to hit between 80-90% on all of those choices; it will then be a team effort that will give us the best chance to go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo, I'm pumped!

Thanks for the poll. :whip:
That's what she said. And sometimes he says that too, but I'm not one to judge.
Old 05-11-2012   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Foster & Tate combining for 3800 total yards from scrimmage is realistic. Not that the other choices aren't, just this choice being the most probable.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

This was too easy...
JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Crick, Jamison: 18 sacks combined

I could see the DEs averaging a tad over one QB sack/game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #27
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34563 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have added more intriguing options like:

a) Keenum throws more than 1 TD pass in a preseason game..

or

b) Dwight Jones gets suspended for running his mouth..

or

c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag..

That would have made for a better poll..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2012   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Most Likely to Happen: 2012 edition

QUOTE=chicagotexan2;1954136]Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Kareem Jackson gets 0 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints[/quote]

I thought he could get a couple at least

Last edited by Giant Tiger; 05-12-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: duplicate smilie
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, I feel a LOT more positive about the defensive possibilities there than the offensive ones. Schaub is hobbling around and there is no right side of our prestigious O-Line.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Right now, I feel a LOT more positive about the defensive possibilities there than the offensive ones. Schaub is hobbling around and there is no right side of our prestigious O-Line.
I really hope that this is an over reaction of sorts concerning Caldwell & Butler as many have said in this and other threads. Both have starting experience and will have the whole offseason to 'gel' which seems to be the biggest factor in our ZBS. I'm not sure there will be a tremendous drop off in production. I hope neither steps up to replace Winston's guaranteed false start & holding penalties. It seemed like almost every time a flag flew on offense it ended with "number 73". I screamed it so often at the TV last year my wife asked "How do you know that? The official hasn't said anything yet." I was seldom wrong.

If these two experienced guys can just coordinate who keeps his block and who peels off for the second level we'll see them have some success without the auto 3-5 yd dingers we got used to seeing last year.

Old 05-13-2012   #31
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag..
That's funny.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I considered several but have to go with none of the above. I'd lean towards Schaub & 16/4500 if I accept Kubiak & Matt saying he is on track for day one.
Thats going to be tough. We play a lot of get after the QB defenses this year. If Schaub has to throw the ball that much I can't see him making it 16 games.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #33
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Thats going to be tough. We play a lot of get after the QB defenses this year. If Schaub has to throw the ball that much I can't see him making it 16 games.
why not three years in a row healthy. Thats not bad.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #34
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Has to be JoJo and Kareem getting 7 picks. Our secondary is going to be feasting on so many poorly thrown balls due to the havoc our front 7 is going to create. I can't see JoJo getting more than 3 (who is going at him?) but I can see Kareem bringing down 4-5 due to JoJo's cover skills (ala Fred Smoot effect due to Champ Bailey).
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
Has to be JoJo and Kareem getting 7 picks. Our secondary is going to be feasting on so many poorly thrown balls due to the havoc our front 7 is going to create. I can't see JoJo getting more than 3 (who is going at him?) but I can see Kareem bringing down 4-5 due to JoJo's cover skills (ala Fred Smoot effect due to Champ Bailey).
That one does seem really plausible.

7 picks between those two would be really good no matter how it came.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #36
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for JJ and KJ interceptions, although I don't believe that any of the choices are likely to occur.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
c) Kubiak has a + percentage throwing the challenge flag...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012   #38
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He ain't ascaird of "Guns". Looks ready to open a can of WA right there! Go Kubes!

Old 05-13-2012   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
He ain't ascaird of "Guns". Looks ready to open a can of WA right there! Go Kubes!
Some people like to assert Kubiak is emotionless on the sideline but if anything the Texans may not get some tight calls because he regularly gets in the refs ear holes and profanity is generally involved. It isn't televised much because it is so easy to lip read.
Old 05-13-2012   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary throws flag based on what upstairs tells him. Critique should be on them and he did seem better last season. I think more plays will be reviewed now and he will make even fewer calls.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read