Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most Likely to Happen
Top 3 ranked scoring offense 2 2.86%
Barwin: 17.5 sacks 2 2.86%
Schaub: 16 regular season starts and 4,500 yards passing 7 10.00%
Yates: 3,000 yards passing 3 4.29%
Foster/Tate: combine for 3,800 all purpose yards 7 10.00%
JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, Crick, Jamison: 18 sacks combined 9 12.86%
Dwight Jones, LeStar Jean, DeVier Posey: Any one of them, 680 yards receiving 6 8.57%
Cushing: 145 tackles AND 4 Ints 1 1.43%
Kjax, J.Jo: 7 INT's combined 27 38.57%
#1 Ranked scoring defense 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most Likely to Happen: 2012 edition

I normally wait until it gets closer to the season to start this thread, but I'm just too anxious and ready for the season to start...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Likely to Happen: 2012 edition

half the teams lose on the first day of the season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LOL...

My bad...should have said poll coming...
Old 05-11-2012   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, if you're going to go there, I feel compelled to point out that only two teams play on the first day of the season.
Old 05-11-2012   #5
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I feeling a Lestar Jean break out
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jonathon Joseph gets 7 ints
Kareem Jackson gets 0 ints
Jj and kj combine for 7 ints
Old 05-11-2012   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a great list Rey, basically laid out the best possible scenarios for the top shelf players. The only one I couldn't see actually happening is Yates for 3 Grand. I went Barwin though, I think he could explode this year. Hell, he could get half that off of Gabbert alone lol...

Almost went with the DL combining for 18, almost went with Foster/Tate for 3800 all purpose yards...Even Cushing's is possible....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2012   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's an indication of how much kook-aide I'm drinking, but I found several of these on the borderline plausible.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

18 sacks for JJ Watt, Smith, Crick, and Jamison seems to be the one that sticks out the most to me. I could see Watt and Smith possibly doing that themselves.

Alot of these scenarios are possible though imo.
Old 05-11-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamison making the squad this year?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Has to be the 7 INTs -- JJo 4/KJ 1 in 2011.

Tempted to go with WR @680 yards ... good possibility if AJ gets injured again.

Tough choices, good poll. MSR
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to post none of the above but what the heck I'll play! It's still going to be all about the defense. If the offense can control the clock a little better that only keeps the defense that much fresher. Texans were close last year ranked #3 so it's not out of the question they could be ranked #1 in scoring defense, schedule seems favorable on paper as well

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jamison making the squad this year?
I dunno...

I just assumed he would as he was usually the first man in when Watt or Smith needed a breather...

He always seemed to make plays too.
Old 05-11-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I considered several but have to go with none of the above. I'd lean towards Schaub & 16/4500 if I accept Kubiak & Matt saying he is on track for day one.
Old 05-11-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I was going to post none of the above but what the heck I'll play! It's still going to be all about the defense. If the offense can control the clock a little better that only keeps the defense that much fresher. Texans were close last year ranked #3 so it's not out of the question they could be ranked #1 in scoring defense, schedule seems favorable on paper as well
I went with #1 scoring defense too...

Another year in the system, more talent added, not a lot of key production lost (Demeco didn't have a ton of production but his leadership may be missed some initially) and on top of that we have a ball control offense that likes to run the ball and control TOP...

I think with all those factors combined we can do it...
Old 05-11-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I considered several but have to go with none of the above. I'd lean towards Schaub & 16/4500 if I accept Kubiak & Matt saying he is on track for day one.
Lots of people were saying none of the above when I made the thread last year too...

I think if we intend on having a special season, someone(s) is going to have to be great!

Last years "most likely thread": http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=happen

'09's most likely thread": http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=happen
Old 05-11-2012   #17
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take my man TJ.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #18
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the all of the above choice.........

Old 05-11-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had some pretty good laugh with the responses.

Basically, if we get close on any of the choices, it would help other(s).

The best thing is for us to hit between 80-90% on all of those choices; it will then be a team effort that will give us the best chance to go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo, I'm pumped!

Thanks for the poll.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Has to be the 7 INTs -- JJo 4/KJ 1 in 2011.

Tempted to go with WR @680 yards ... good possibility if AJ gets injured again.

Tough choices, good poll. MSR
It doens't add up, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read