Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2012   #41
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will have the most sacks on the Texans in 2012?

Every year people make these predictions and whats expected never turns out. Watt and Barwin will have a fantastic start to the season. After a few games all protection will shift to their side of the field. Reed is underestimated and gets more chances at the qb throughout the season and is thusly my pick. By the time the playoffs roll around mercilous will start to come on and offensive coordinators will get insomnia trying to decide whom to block. Goldie locks leads the team with 11-14 sacks. A year from now we look back on reed vs mercy like we see foster vs tate.
Old 05-09-2012   #42
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will have the most sacks on the Texans in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm gonna go with Connor Barwin, because I think Reed and Merc will be rotating together. I know Watt will have a great year and all, but when was the last time a 3-4 DE got a 15 sacks in a year? I think Watt will be a lot like Haloti Ngata, causing disruption and putting pressure on the QB, but not getting a lot of sacks. Ngata's best year for sacks was 5.5, which is what Watt had last year. I see Watt as more of a 5-8 sack guy, who causes a lot of disruption and frees up the OLBs to make the plays on the QB.
With me... I'm betting Watt gets a suspension or two with all of his "late" hits. I don't know why but it seems Watt rubbed the refs wrong somewhere along the line. They were coming down hard on him down the stretch. But yeah... JJ Watt for MVP. I -love- this kid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read