Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need some help with a football survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
Lynn Lashbrook, has been around for awhile as has SMWW, but we are going to be offering interaction with former NFL GMs, coaches and scouts. It is going to be information and curriculum that is created, in part, by the feedback from this kind of survey and the people who answer it.
Lance did you not post something like this abiout a year ago? I think it was about having some NFL types come in to one of the hotels and do some teaching. Maybe this is next step?
Old 05-07-2012   #22
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Lance did you not post something like this abiout a year ago? I think it was about having some NFL types come in to one of the hotels and do some teaching. Maybe this is next step?
He did. I was disappointed not to have ever heard anything back about that. I just figured the idea died or it was an ultra exclusive event.
Old 05-07-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
He did. I was disappointed not to have ever heard anything back about that. I just figured the idea died or it was an ultra exclusive event.
Yeah, it was really nice. That's why we didn't invite y...

uh... I mean, yeah. It was a really nice idea. Too bad it didn't happen.

(Whew. Close one.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #24
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Lance did you not post something like this about a year ago? I think it was about having some NFL types come in to one of the hotels and do some teaching. Maybe this is next step?
I did. Great memory! Yes, we are starting the ball rolling, but with a much larger product in scope in mind. You guys are the first set of surveys that I'm interested in. From here, I'll hit other football fans as well as draftniks and even sports writers to find out what people are clamoring for.

Every survey I get back will be printed and your ideas/thoughts will be presented to the NFL people who are leaning on me to create the site while they provide the content. They honestly can't believe that there is this much interest from fans about what it is that they do, but I've been preaching for years that fans are getting smarter and hungry from more and more knowledge about the game beyond the basics. They want to learn more and more football.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #25
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I was prepared to get it started last year but just got too busy to put it together. However, what we talked about is what I'm working on. I'm hoping it gets off the ground because it would be ready by this fall and would be of great interest to football fans.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #26
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I was prepared to get it started last year but just got too busy to put it together. However, what we talked about is what I'm working on. I'm hoping it gets off the ground because it would be ready by this fall and would be of great interest to football fans.
Survey sent. I sincerely hope you explore subtitles or captions for those videos.
Old 05-08-2012   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Just adding that I think there is a market for quality X's and O's based on my own personal experience. For instance, lots of poor kids and middle income kids can't go to an expensive football camp and HS football coaches only have so much time in the day for all their kids to address technique and 'football theory' so to speak....bottom line is there is a huge gap in available (quality) teaching here.

I have a 16YO Soph HS football player that doesn't get much more technique taught to him other than his assignment and a few basics. The HS has gone to HUDL.com this season and breaking down his scrimmage footage has been invaluable with all the tools on the website. I know a little about what I'm talking about so I don't need much commentary, but if you guys (for instance) could break down plays with some of the tools they use on this site with some educated commentary it would be a good thing for the common-Joe Dad who doesn't know his X's and O's any better than his kid. HUDL.com is so awesome since we can critique his play, the other guys playing his position and watch how the linebackers and safetys flow to the ball so he can find his target easier (He does a lot of pulling in the La Porte Oline). I sit down and go John Madden on him with the telestrator tool. (teaching him not to reach for blocks and to keep his shoulders over his feet constantly is a patience building exercise for me)

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read