Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-03-2012   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens Season off to Bad Start: Suggs Out

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva
Wow. RT @gunitradio Vinny Cerrato reports Terrell Suggs has torn Achilles, likely out for 2012 #Ravens season. 1st reported on @1057TheFan
Old 05-03-2012   #2
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens Season off to Bad Start: Suggs Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Awwww ....

ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, they did just draft the rook from Bama. Wonder how fast he can learn...
Old 05-03-2012   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Awwww ....

WTF is this? Are you applauding injury?
Old 05-03-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Awwww ....

Old 05-03-2012   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the capper....torn playing basketball. That is no bueno. If I guy gets hurt in football drills, etc that is fine but you see more guys doing off season things like this gut hurt. With guys banging bodies, etc..no pads..I wouldn't want my players doing it. I can see the argument both ways but don't like it.
Old 05-03-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

That sucks for the Ravens...

Hopefully Schaub has soaked up all of our injury karma for this upcoming season...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2012   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Ball so hard university indeed.
Old 05-03-2012   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is the capper....torn playing basketball. That is no bueno. If I guy gets hurt in football drills, etc that is fine but you see more guys doing off season things like this gut hurt. With guys banging bodies, etc..no pads..I wouldn't want my players doing it. I can see the argument both ways but don't like it.
Basketball is an obvious choice for keeping yourself in shape. Freak accidents can happen with any type of physical activity.

Also, I wonder if Sergio Kindle plans to try and make their roster this year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Basketball is an obvious choice for keeping yourself in shape. Freak accidents can happen with any type of physical activity.

Also, I wonder if Sergio Kindle plans to try and make their roster this year.
True, but just wondering if at his age it was a smart move...30 in NFL years I mean.

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva
I think this will be the go-to guy. RT @ProFootbalFocus Good news for Ravens is Pernell McPhee was a monster last year in just 364 snaps.
Old 05-03-2012   #11
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

part of the game, im sure they had no qualms playing an injury stricken texans team.. a couple of trash talking bmore fans come to mind but i'll leave it as that.. sucks for them..
Old 05-03-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but just wondering if at his age it was a smart move...30 in NFL years I mean.
I think if his body was due for a breakdown, then it was due for a breakdown...

30 is 30.

Could have just as easily happened doing drills on the field or playing flag football to get in shape.
Old 05-03-2012   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think if his body was due for a breakdown, then it was due for a breakdown...

30 is 30.

Could have just as easily happened doing drills on the field or playing flag football to get in shape.
Update

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Unclear if Terrell Suggs tore Achilles playing basketball or in a conditioning test. Suggs thinks he could be back in October, per source.
Old 05-03-2012   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

His surgery is scheduled for next week.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 392068 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Trading down and still getting Upshaw is looking fortuitous about now.

Quote:
Awwww ....

Poor taste. Never wish harm on others.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #16
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Unclear if Terrell Suggs tore Achilles playing basketball or in a conditioning test. Suggs thinks he could be back in October, per source.
I'm no pro athlete, but I tore my achilles in November and it still doesn't feel right. The mental aspect of tearing it alone is keeping me from pushing it too hard. He wants to be back in November, and after five months I was only ready to start beginning rehab. While I'm no professional on the matter, I would be thinking that 7-9 months would be a better target date to be back up to NFL speed (and even then we know it takes even longer to fully recover).
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Trading down and still getting Upshaw is looking fortuitous about now.

you're right. awwwe poor t-suckle.
Old 05-03-2012   #18
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Didnt "wish" anything on anyone ... you do that "before" it happens.

Im also not saying I am glad Suggs was hurt, but I am glad one of our primary challenges in the AFC has become that much less of factor. Not happy anyone was injured for the sake of injury, but I am happy that the Ravens are weaker now. If Tom Brady went down you wouldnt like it? Or if another top AFC team lost a key contributor you wouldnt look at it as a bonus for the Texans?

I am a TEXANS fan. Whatever helps us win a Super Bowl I will applaud.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I am a TEXANS fan. Whatever helps us win a Super Bowl I will applaud.
So if a prominent player from a top AFC team was killed in a car accident you'd applaud it because it will make it easier on us?

I understand this isn't life or death, but injury is no laughing matter either.

Plus besides that, true competitors want to play the best. I want the Texans to make it to the superbowl as bad as anyone but I won't start cheering injuries because of it.
Old 05-03-2012   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

"T-Sizzle" didn't get even close to touching Yates in the playoffs last year with Duane Brown so he wasn't much of a factor personally against us.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read