Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2012   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did this draft FEEL different?

ESPN broke to cheesy ass commercials every time the Texans picked. No it was just like old times.
Old 05-03-2012   #22
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
ESPN broke to cheesy ass commercials every time the Texans picked. No it was just like old times.
LOL!! NFL Network did the exact same thing. I was wondering why they always went to commercial before the Texans picked.

Plus, we didn't get a good analysis for our picks like other teams did.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #23
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN hates pretty much everything Houston (college or pro).

College Gameday came here last year, only begrudgingly..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

People still watch ESPN?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #25
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The important thing with our drafting now is to ensure that we keep up our standards. Just look at the Colts for a team that stops drafting well for a number of years, then falls off the cliff all of a sudden.

We need to pick up guys who are available to us at a late pick because they need a little time to develop, not because they are either a huge risk/lacking talent.

The Pats are another team that hasn't been drafting well of late, they've been playing that draft value chart pretty damn well, but their picks haven't been working out so well just yet. What happens to them without Brady? Little running game, receiver corps. not what it used to be, and a porous D.

The Texans have the opportunity to take the mantle in the AFC if they keep going over the next few years. But it'll take a hell of a lot of skill and plenty of luck to get there.

I like that we got guys who seem like they can contribute early and who have a chance to because well-rounded starters later down the line, thats why this draft felt so different, as others have stated.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
The Texans have the opportunity to take the mantle in the AFC if they keep going over the next few years. But it'll take a hell of a lot of skill and plenty of luck to get there.
See, that's one thing some folks seem to forgot about, is the "luck" or "random" part of all this. You could "what if" yourself to death discussing the NFL.

All I know is, the Texans are heading down the right path and look good. Anything said beyond that is speculation.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #27
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
People still watch ESPN?
Some of us don't have a choice when the sorryass complex you live at has an exclusive deal with a schitty cable service and your unit doesn't have a clear view of the southern sky so you cant get dish or satellite and your stuck paying out the a$$ for lousy cable that is as reliable as a training bra on dolly parton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
If you don't mind me asking (I'm sure you have likely answered in other threads), whats your concern with this class?
As 2011 season ended, most of us had identified huge needs again. Anyone thinking we were to be able to draft BPA was proved wrong and I am ok with that part; but if you are going to fill needs do it with best you can. I will be creamed for saying this but if you list our stated needs by us and Texans we have some "boy, we better be lucky" selections.

#1 need was a starting WR2 & hopefully someone who could possibly replace AJ at some point. Devier Posey? Really? This was the best we could do? Let consider something that I don't think I've seen mentioned...if the second round was as deep as almost all said (especially at WR) GM's decision was to trade out for a third and fourth? Folks will say I'm still stuck on Fleener. Well, yeah. A guy with size bigger than Andre and faster? Oh he couldn't block...well that is BS. Never said he was Walter but how is KW working out for us? What, a guy of Fleener's size can not be taught to improve his blocking? We have signed RBs with the hope we could have them block huge DLs and LBs & not get QB killed but we can't do same for 6'5" 250lb WR who might have to block down field on a corner or safety. Spin it anyway you want, that is plain goofy. Plus Coby could be day one starter at WR2 or TE2.

#2 need(debateable) OGs: RG was pretty terrible even though I cheered the toughness of Briesel. Caldwell allegedly playing on two bum sticks did little to make me think he could start. Coaches see & know more than I do. I get that; but were not most of us pleading for a starting RG as several should be available in 2nd round? Kevin Zeitler whom many said would be a 10 year starter went #27. More than one OT that could convert to OG were in 2nd.

#3 need LB: I like Merci but he is a rotational need who could be a starter; that could not be found in later rounds? I was crying when I saw Ronnell Lewis at our pick in 4th.

I like Brooks and he might be a 1st year starter & if so I'll be extremely pleased. Just think we really blew it on Posey & I will glad spit crow feathers.
Old 05-03-2012   #29
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Wow, spot on. I didn't even realize it, but the reason this draft feels so much more comfortable to me is because our team doesn't need them.

Well, obviously we need the draft, but as a whole, if our draft picks don't pan out, our team won't be in shambles. We have the talent there to play at a high level. The players we drafted were either for talent later down the road, depth, or marginal effect on this season.

That's how I felt going in and still feel. We lost some very good players, but had depth enough to know that we didn't have to grab someone just to fill a spot. We got players we wanted that fit our system and the expectations won't be as high so it can afford the team and the fans to be a little more patient.
Old 05-03-2012   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I was not a fan of the Posey pick. Hopefully Kirksey is the wunderkind at developing WRs that Kubiak thinks he is and Jean steps up. However, I have not seen any skill development (outside of blocking, which is very important in this scheme) at the position from the last five years that makes me feel optimistic.

Either you procure talent, or you develop it via the draft/UDFA. In my opinion, this remains an opportunity for growth after this year's draft and the position coach staying in place.

The draft last year felt extremely different since Casserly and Kubiak/Smith were not pulling all of the strings. This year's draft felt different given our draft position and needs changing, but the brain fart I have grown to hate showed up again with the handling of the 2nd round pick.
Old 05-03-2012   #31
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was not a fan of the Posey pick. Hopefully Kirksey is the wunderkind at developing WRs that Kubiak thinks he is and Jean steps up. However, I have not seen any skill development (outside of blocking, which is very important in this scheme) at the position from the last five years that makes me feel optimistic.

Either you procure talent, or you develop it via the draft/UDFA. In my opinion, this remains an opportunity for growth after this year's draft and the position coach staying in place.

The draft last year felt extremely different since Casserly and Kubiak/Smith were not pulling all of the strings. This year's draft felt different given our draft position and needs changing, but the brain fart I have grown to hate showed up again with the handling of the 2nd round pick.
Yeah, but what if Posey comes in and produces well? How will you feel about trading out of the second round then.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #32
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah, but what if Posey comes in and produces well? How will you feel about trading out of the second round then.
I will feel great. I would even feel better if Jean produces.

My only expectation for a WR who sat out a year and played with a poor throwing QB on a run first team is that he better be able to block right out the gate.

Should Jean be ready and produce (development) it does provide optimism for Posey in 2013.
Old 05-03-2012   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
With off season loses how can you be sure of that? Not to mention injury's that will happen because you know they will!
yeah but the odds that we will have as bad of injuries as last season are slim, and if by some curse it does happen. The Dec 21 wont look to bad after all
Old 05-03-2012   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Some of us don't have a choice when the sorryass complex you live at has an exclusive deal with a schitty cable service and your unit doesn't have a clear view of the southern sky so you cant get dish or satellite and your stuck paying out the a$$ for lousy cable that is as reliable as a training bra on dolly parton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012   #35
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As 2011 season ended, most of us had identified huge needs again. Anyone thinking we were to be able to draft BPA was proved wrong and I am ok with that part; but if you are going to fill needs do it with best you can. I will be creamed for saying this but if you list our stated needs by us and Texans we have some "boy, we better be lucky" selections.

#1 need was a starting WR2 & hopefully someone who could possibly replace AJ at some point. Devier Posey? Really? This was the best we could do? Let consider something that I don't think I've seen mentioned...if the second round was as deep as almost all said (especially at WR) GM's decision was to trade out for a third and fourth? Folks will say I'm still stuck on Fleener. Well, yeah. A guy with size bigger than Andre and faster? Oh he couldn't block...well that is BS. Never said he was Walter but how is KW working out for us? What, a guy of Fleener's size can not be taught to improve his blocking? We have signed RBs with the hope we could have them block huge DLs and LBs & not get QB killed but we can't do same for 6'5" 250lb WR who might have to block down field on a corner or safety. Spin it anyway you want, that is plain goofy. Plus Coby could be day one starter at WR2 or TE2.

#2 need(debateable) OGs: RG was pretty terrible even though I cheered the toughness of Briesel. Caldwell allegedly playing on two bum sticks did little to make me think he could start. Coaches see & know more than I do. I get that; but were not most of us pleading for a starting RG as several should be available in 2nd round? Kevin Zeitler whom many said would be a 10 year starter went #27. More than one OT that could convert to OG were in 2nd.

#3 need LB: I like Merci but he is a rotational need who could be a starter; that could not be found in later rounds? I was crying when I saw Ronnell Lewis at our pick in 4th.

I like Brooks and he might be a 1st year starter & if so I'll be extremely pleased. Just think we really blew it on Posey & I will glad spit crow feathers.
Well, I'll kinda disagree. Nr. 2 WR was the biggest Need before the FA losses. With a Good QB we should at least be ok with Andre, KW, Daniels and Foster as his primary weapons. We added two projects that might work Out.

My number 1 Need was the oline and we added two valuable players in the mit rounds, when the first round talents were taken.

And really outside of the OLine, there weren't Big holes we had to fix. So we went bpa available in the first (a round in which you should Not reach for Need), got some more picks with a Trade Out of the second (which netted us Crick - Not a Big Need, but the extra pick allowed us to get this High value guy). We took the WRs our coaches liked, got great OLine help at a Good value, a Kicker we desperateley needed and a physical freak in a Project OT.

Really the only Big concern Most People have is Posey - a 3d round pick that wasn't that High on many scouts lists but a Guy that our coaching staff really likes. It is difficult to get excited for this pick, but I have no Problem with it.

Overall we added talent to an already really Good team - two question marks remain: how will the New OLine perform and what can we expect from the QB position.

So to put it short: I feel Good with this draft...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #36
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah but the odds that we will have as bad of injuries as last season are slim, and if by some curse it does happen. The Dec 21 wont look to bad after all
Texans had to cover the bases with a stud to minimize losing Mario Williams. Can't have too many pass rushers in Wade Phillips defense. However injury's are a big factor as well, two years ago Connor Barwin was out for an entire season. Last year Mario got hurt so they threw a rookie in the fire (Brooks). Mercilus has a higher ceiling than Brooks & hopefully time to develop him on a carefully planned pace. But injury can raise its ugly head at anytime, just ask the Ravens who just lost Suggs. Now instead of bringing Courtney Upshaw along slowly he will probably have to start now & if HE gets hurt or injured they're screwed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
That's how I felt going in and still feel. We lost some very good players, but had depth enough to know that we didn't have to grab someone just to fill a spot. We got players we wanted that fit our system and the expectations won't be as high so it can afford the team and the fans to be a little more patient.
I'm assuming you are talking about expectaction of the drafted players as the expectation of team will be higher than ever. So if you are talking about players let's consider 1. Mercilus? Ok probably not expected to be a starter but first round pick at glammer position & led the nation in sacks + had all those take aways. Then add to the forever comparison to Mario? Yeah, I know Barwin replaced Mario but tell it to everyone else. Expectations? You betcha.

2. Posey? I hope I am not the only one expecting him to step up be productive WR2 day one. 3. Brookes? My expectation is he had better be able to push Caldwell if not beat him out. If not, why the heck select him? Just an after thought? Sure, if Caldwell settles in as a Briesel replacement (note I did not say a very good RG) Brookes if only a back up will be an ok use of a 4th.
5. Martin? We all got what we want and Jocoby gone bye bye. Expectation? Keshawn better be the return guy or was a busted pick regardless if he can play slot.6. Crick? Ok for me no expectation even if he stays healthy. An excellent selection #126.
6. Bullock? Are you serious? My guy & love him but he could easily be the leading point scorer so expectations?

Not attacking you, just disagreeing vociferously!
Old 05-03-2012   #38
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about expectaction of the drafted players as the expectation of team will be higher than ever. So if you are talking about players let's consider 1. Mercilus? Ok probably not expected to be a starter but first round pick at glammer position & led the nation in sacks + had all those take aways. Then add to the forever comparison to Mario? Yeah, I know Barwin replaced Mario but tell it to everyone else. Expectations? You betcha.

2. Posey? I hope I am not the only one expecting him to step up be productive WR2 day one. 3. Brookes? My expectation is he had better be able to push Caldwell if not beat him out. If not, why the heck select him? Just an after thought? Sure, if Caldwell settles in as a Briesel replacement (note I did not say a very good RG) Brookes if only a back up will be an ok use of a 4th.
5. Martin? We all got what we want and Jocoby gone bye bye. Expectation? Keshawn better be the return guy or was a busted pick regardless if he can play slot.6. Crick? Ok for me no expectation even if he stays healthy. An excellent selection #126.
6. Bullock? Are you serious? My guy & love him but he could easily be the leading point scorer so expectations?

Not attacking you, just disagreeing vociferously!
We as fans certainly have expectations. I'm sure the team has expectations for the rooks. But if Posey doesn't step up to be the number 2 receiver...then what, we're essentially the same WR group as last year? Minus Jacoby (which, arguably, could be a positive with the game changing TO in the playoffs).

We're not saying the players won't be expected to compete, or that we as fans have no expectations. It's just that the team won't be ruined if they don't meet those expectations.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012   #39
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texans had to cover the bases with a stud to minimize losing Mario Williams. Can't have too many pass rushers in Wade Phillips defense. However injury's are a big factor as well, two years ago Connor Barwin was out for an entire season. Last year Mario got hurt so they threw a rookie in the fire (Brooks). Mercilus has a higher ceiling than Brooks & hopefully time to develop him on a carefully planned pace. But injury can raise its ugly head at anytime, just ask the Ravens who just lost Suggs. Now instead of bringing Courtney Upshaw along slowly he will probably have to start now & if HE gets hurt or injured they're screwed.
how many injuries did the ravens have last season ??? I remember pretty much all their starters starting in the play-offs and throughout the season. My point is the odds are that we wont get hit with the injury bug as bad next year.
Old 05-03-2012   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
We as fans certainly have expectations. I'm sure the team has expectations for the rooks. But if Posey doesn't step up to be the number 2 receiver...then what, we're essentially the same WR group as last year? Minus Jacoby (which, arguably, could be a positive with the game changing TO in the playoffs).

We're not saying the players won't be expected to compete, or that we as fans have no expectations. It's just that the team won't be ruined if they don't meet those expectations.
As minimal as we think JJ's production was, someone has to make it up. We should not have to depend on AJ, Walter & OD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read