Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-02-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Saints Player Suspensions

Jonathan Vilma - Entire year, beginning now
Anthony Hargrove - 8 games
Will Smith - 4 games
Scott Fujita - 3 games

Hargrove, Smith and Fujita can attend offseason activities. Vilma's suspension starts now
Old 05-02-2012   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saints Player Suspensions

Just heard this..... OUCH!!!!!
Old 05-02-2012   #3
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Mods, kill my thread...

As i said there - one final lesson to the rest of the NFL

DON'T SCREW WITH ROGER GOODELL

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yup, big OUCH.

Vilma hired a lawyer before the suspension. I'm not sure what his plans are, but the appeals will be heard by...........the Commisioner. lol
Old 05-02-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Fujita is on the Browns, so they are the team that gets hurt by this. Just like the Gregg Williams in STL thing, the Saints don't incur the penalty. Thanks for sitting on this for a couple years Goodell...
Old 05-02-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLPA will fight this, IMO.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Any player or coach that took part in any of this, in any way, should be permanently kicked out of the NFL. No exceptions. Screw 'em.

Anybody that takes part in a pay for hire injury scheme should never be allowed anywhere near professional sports. Not even as a frigging commentator.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2012   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Fujita is on the Browns, so they are the team that gets hurt by this. Just like the Gregg Williams in STL thing, the Saints don't incur the penalty. Thanks for sitting on this for a couple years Goodell...
He didn't sit on it. The second the lie was confirmed and he could prove it, its been bedlam ever since.

The NFLPA can fight this all they want, they won't win. Even if they get the suspensions reversed, all 32 NFL owners will collude here and keep these 4 players unemployed and unpaid.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hargrove was signed by the Packers, I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I think they were involved. Whether or not they signed off on the actual suspension time is unknown.
Old 05-02-2012   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What do I tell my Saints friends who say, "Every team does it."?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Tell them they're full of crap
Old 05-02-2012   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell them they should have been better about covering it up
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #13
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Talking to legal/CBA experts. They don't see too many legal options for these players outside of the league office appeal. We shall see
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
He didn't sit on it. The second the lie was confirmed and he could prove it, its been bedlam ever since.

The NFLPA can fight this all they want, they won't win. Even if they get the suspensions reversed, all 32 NFL owners will collude here and keep these 4 players unemployed and unpaid.
I'm not sure what the exact timeline was, but from what I have read it seems that the NFL asked the Saints GM Loomis to put an end to the program a few times. I believe the first time was the offseason after their Super Bowl. Sounds like they took their time investigating it.
Old 05-02-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
There was a study done that showed in the United States, there is just one arrest for every 27,000 miles driven while drunk. That means you could drive from NY to LA several times, completely hammered and probably not get pulled over. Just because you are that one guy that gets arrested for driving drunk doesn't mean everyone else who does it is OK. The system doesn't catch everyone, but those that do get caught have to face the consequences. The Saints are the ones that got caught this time, in the future it may be someone else.
Old 05-02-2012   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think they were involved. Whether or not they signed off on the actual suspension time is unknown.
Don't think they signed off:

Quote:
Update: The NFL Players Association released the following statement from executive director DeMaurice Smith regarding the players' role in the Saints' pay-to-injure program: "After seeing the NFL's decision letters, the NFLPA has still not received any detailed or specific evidence from the league of these specific players' involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program. We have made it clear that punishment without evidence is not fair. We have spoken with our players and their representatives and we will vigorously protect and pursue all options on their behalf."
LINK

They're walking a fine line since it's their players putting bounties on their players, so they could do a complete 180 if the proof is provided, but it could well be that they're just putting their heads in the sand about this, making some noise about it to save face, and waiting for the whole thing to go away.
Old 05-02-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Talking to legal/CBA experts. They don't see too many legal options for these players outside of the league office appeal. We shall see

Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove, Saints defensive end Will Smith and Browns linebacker Scott Fujita have all already decided that they will appeal...

The appeals were widely anticipated, but ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the players expect to go beyond the usual appeals process within the league office and instead expect to go to federal court.

“Get ready for a massive legal battle on many fronts,” Schefter quoted a source as saying.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-legal-battle/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #18
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, but they are covered under the agreement signed by the union which is part of the contracts they signed.

Plus the NFL got anti-trust exemptions from Congress. Unless they can show that the NFL is not following the union agreements or that they are violating their civil rights somehow () then I don't expect the players to be able to win. If the feds overrule the commissioner, you can bet that any player that get suspended from here on out sues to stop it.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots get 3 super bowls from spygate, Saints get 1 from bountygate.

Apparently the saying "if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin" is valid in the NFL as well.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Patriots get 3 super bowls from spygate, Saints get 1 from bountygate.

Apparently the saying "if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin" is valid in the NFL as well.
So when are the Giants and Steelers going to get popped?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read