Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-14-2005   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Newton Aimed To Be Biggest Dope Man

Sorry Cowboys fans. I couldn't resist posting this when I saw it.

Quote:
Newton Said He Stood To Make $75K Per Drug Deal
Associated Press

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Nate Newton says his competitive nature led him into the drug business.

"I've always been competitive, I've always been in sports," said Newton, a six-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman who retired after the 2000 season. "I couldn't see myself not being the biggest dope man."

Newton, 43, was released from a Louisiana prison last year on drug possession charges after serving about 2 years behind bars.

Newton, of East Ellijay, Ga., estimated he stood to make up to $75,000 per drug deal, another reason he said running drugs appealed to him.

In November 2001, he and two women were pulled over for a traffic violation on Interstate 10 in St. Martin Parish, LA. Newton and the others were accused of hauling 213 pounds of marijuana in their van with plans to sell it.

While out on bond six weeks later, Newton was arrested again, this time in Ellis County. He was accused of hauling 175 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of a car.

Newton made his comments Thursday during a talk show on Dallas radio station KKDA. He said he became remorseful while serving time in a federal prison in Texarkana, before he was transferred to a federal facility in Louisiana.

"I got on my knees and said, 'God, I want to make a deal. ... You protect me in here, and when I come out, I'll do everything I can to make it right,'" he said.
ESPN
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is in the Dallas Morning News and he's done several radio interviews...I don't think anybody is shocked by anything Nate has to say. You can also catch the interview on MSN. He's out of prison so he has to make a splash and make some money. My guess is he'll write a book.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'd say right now he is the biggest dope.
Old 05-14-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Nate's shoe size is larger than his IQ. I remember him as a pretty funny interview, very good football player and well all the dope stuff. He's never struck me as being smart in any sense of that word.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm so confused. He coudln't find anything else to be competitive in????

Him and must be brothers.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read