Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2012   #1
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Post Jacoby Jones WR Depth Chart

Guess we have a new opening in our depth chart at wide receiver.

What are we left with?

#1 - Andre Johnson, Lestar Jean
#2 - Kevin Walter, DeVier Posey
#3 - Jeff Maehl, Keshawn Martin

I think Jean is ready to step into the role of backup for AJ given what we watched in the preseason last year. Having seen so little of Posey as a senior I have no idea if he's ready to play. We don't have a veteran for the slot...will Martin be ready to play or is Maehl the logical choice? Could Posey take the spot as backup to AJ? Could one or more of the UDFAs (Jerrell Jackson, Dwight Jones, Mario Louis) muscle their way up the depth chart?

Many of the mock analysts (irony intended) were critical of the Texans' choice of receivers...will they be proven wrong and by whom?

Last edited by pec0sb0b; 05-02-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
pec0sb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most people had already moved jacoby down to 4 or 5 and some had just assumed he wouldn't be here regardless....like me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Jacoby Jones WR Depth Chart

Twitter Evan Silva and response from Adam Caplan

Quote:

Wouldn't sleep on Lestar Jean for #Texans No. 3 WR job. 6'3/215, long arms. Better athlete than 40 time suggests. Flashed in '11 preseason.

Quote:
Dominated in practice when I was at camp. MT @evansilva: Wouldn't sleep on Lestar Jean for #Texans No. 3 WR job. 6'3/215, long arms.
7:39pm - 1 May 12
Old 05-01-2012   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Twitter Evan Silva and response from Adam Caplan
Thanks Frog.

Is it warming up in Chi-town yet?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

LWR 80 JOHNSON, ANDRE - 18 Jean, Lestar - 19 Iglesias, Juaquin

RWR 83 WALTER, KEVIN - 00 Posey, DeVier - 00 Martin, Keshawn - 15 Maehl, Jeff - 16 Holliday, Trindon

UDFA: Mario Louis, Dwight Jones

LeStar is the guy to watch. He was impressive before the injury.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Lester will eventually become a Pro Bowl WR. He has the size and the speed, i would love to see him and AJ on the field next season.
Old 05-01-2012   #7
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
LWR 80 JOHNSON, ANDRE - 18 Jean, Lestar - 19 Iglesias, Juaquin

RWR 83 WALTER, KEVIN - 00 Posey, DeVier - 00 Martin, Keshawn - 15 Maehl, Jeff - 16 Holliday, Trindon

UDFA: Mario Louis, Dwight Jones

LeStar is the guy to watch. He was impressive before the injury.
Holliday and Iglesias are probably the odd men out. Maehl always seems on the cusp of coming in and fighting for a spot, but I think we continues to be the odd man out.

We stash at least one of our UDFA WRs on the PS and I'd give Jones (Dwight) a chance at making the team if he can put it together.

With Jacoby leaving, Walter becomes all the more important, if only for veteran leadership. Otherwise it'd be Andre and a bunch of first or second year players.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2012   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think Lester will eventually become a Pro Bowl WR. He has the size and the speed, i would love to see him and AJ on the field next season.
LestAr. With an A. Lestar.

I have a feeling this is going to be like Kevin Walters.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Holliday and Iglesias are probably the odd men out. Maehl always seems on the cusp of coming in and fighting for a spot, but I think we continues to be the odd man out.

We stash at least one of our UDFA WRs on the PS and I'd give Jones (Dwight) a chance at making the team if he can put it together.

With Jacoby leaving, Walter becomes all the more important, if only for veteran leadership. Otherwise it'd be Andre and a bunch of first or second year players.
Maehl was on the PS most of last year. He didn't look nearly as good in pre-season as Jean did. But when we dropped Mason, we promoted Maehl to the 53 man roster. I think he played some ST and maybe got on the field a couple of times. I don't recall him catching anything.

I expect him to make the squad.
Old 05-01-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
LestAr. With an A. Lestar.

I have a feeling this is going to be like Kevin Walters.
my bad, i never ralized it was spelled like that.
Old 05-01-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No problem. You didn't know. Now you know. There you go.
Old 05-01-2012   #12
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Andre
Kevin
DeVier
Keshawn

Those are my first four. Not sure if we're carrying 5 or 6 WRs, most likely five unless proven otherwise. If 5, I think Dwight will make it. If 6, I think Lestar will make the 6th spot.
Old 05-01-2012   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Andre
Kevin
DeVier
Keshawn

Those are my first four. Not sure if we're carrying 5 or 6 WRs, most likely five unless proven otherwise. If 5, I think Dwight will make it. If 6, I think Lestar will make the 6th spot.
a lot of this will be based on production in pre season. We all saw what Lestar did last pre season. Based on that and his size i feel he will be our #2 next season !
Old 05-01-2012   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Jean become the newest Tony Hollings? Flashed in preseason, got everyone's expeditions up, and...that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andre
Kevin
DeVier
Keshawn

Mmmm, don't know about having rooks as the 3 and 4 options unless they dominate TC. I believe Jean has the inside track which is kind of unsettling.
Old 05-01-2012   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Mmmm, don't know about having rooks as the 3 and 4 options unless they dominate TC. I believe Jean has the inside track which is kind of unsettling.
The fans have what they wanted Jacoby out of town. Now, there are 5 dudes battling for 3 rosters who have never caught a ball in a real NFL game. Might work out, but "hope is not a plan."
Old 05-01-2012   #17
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
a lot of this will be based on production in pre season. We all saw what Lestar did last pre season. Based on that and his size i feel he will be our #2 next season !
I'll be honest, I don't see anyone passing up Kevin Walter for the #2 spot, and if anyone does, I'd put my money on DeVier Posey.

Now, about Lestar Jean, I really don't remember much of last preseason except Bryan Braman getting 4 sacks on the NY Jets and us beating the NO Saints. That's it. Whatever he did in preseason, was against rookies and crappy players playing for the last spots, because he didn't start over Dre, Kevin, or Jacoby in preseason, I know that much.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any talents, or he can't be the #2 WR, which is highly unlikely, I'm saying that he has to prove that he can do it against real players and he has to do it again. His competition just got much better this offseason, so there's no guarantee. Especially since he's coming off an season-ending shoulder injury. I just think Dwight has more talents than Jean, and DeVier is most likely making the team since he was a 2nd pick, and Keshawn Martin was picked in the 4th round.
Old 05-01-2012   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, it's weird. Pronounced "luh-STAR".
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Yeah, it's weird. Pronounced "luh-STAR".
It's a mix of French and English.
It means A Star or The Star.
I hope he's one, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #20
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
I'll be honest, I don't see anyone passing up Kevin Walter for the #2 spot, and if anyone does, I'd put my money on DeVier Posey.

Now, about Lestar Jean, I really don't remember much of last preseason except Bryan Braman getting 4 sacks on the NY Jets and us beating the NO Saints. That's it. Whatever he did in preseason, was against rookies and crappy players playing for the last spots, because he didn't start over Dre, Kevin, or Jacoby in preseason, I know that much.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any talents, or he can't be the #2 WR, which is highly unlikely, I'm saying that he has to prove that he can do it against real players and he has to do it again. His competition just got much better this offseason, so there's no guarantee. Especially since he's coming off an season-ending shoulder injury. I just think Dwight has more talents than Jean, and DeVier is most likely making the team since he was a 2nd pick, and Keshawn Martin was picked in the 4th round.
ok so why would u put the rookies ahead of him, atleast he did do it in the NFL even though it was pre season, the rookies havent dont it yet so, that argument in bold isnt a very good one.

I've watched alot of Lestars college plays and he has some really good hands, and can run through people. Watch and you will see a lot of the same qualitys that another WR on the team has.

I'm not saying the other guys dont have a shot and he is automatic, but i think he has just as good of a chance as any of the other guys !

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read