Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-21-2012   #61
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude got hurt in practice today per Scurfield's Tweet
McClain says he was "carted off", but that doesn't mean it's serious...

I think that's about standard for leg injuries...Like with Andre last year...

Hopefully he will be ok...I'd like to see him make the roster and get some burn this year if he is good enough...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://lockerz.com/s/210783584

Webster's forced to changed the definition of "calves" to "trunks" by Fangupo!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

He comes in with a rep for getting injured. This isn't good even if it isn't a serious injury.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He comes in with a rep for getting injured. This isn't good even if it isn't a serious injury.
Oh well, we were half-expecting this, weren't we?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #65
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-21-2012   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

No word yet?

Their probably deciding how severe they want the injury to be.
Old 05-21-2012   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

No "live contact" during 3rd phase OTA's.............down by "friendly fire?"

Quote:
on NT Hebron Fangupo going down and what happened to his knee) “Don’t know. It got rolled up in a pile. That’s the biggest thing when you come out here for the first day, having competitive-type practices, guys are a little exciting so you’ve got to calm them down but hopefully he’ll be okay.”

(on what kind of injury NT Hebron Fangupo had) “I don’t know. I really don’t know. I know they took him in but he did walk off the field.”
link

This is his LEFT knee........same side as his previous ankle fractures.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2012   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No "live contact" during 3rd phase OTA's.............down by "friendly fire?"

link

This is his LEFT knee........same side as his previous ankle fracture.
Him and Berkman can rehab together .
Old 05-22-2012   #69
Rey
Hall of Fame

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

Kubiak: Fangupo hope to be back next week. Holding out Sharpton right now, will be ready for camp. #TexansOTA
Old 05-22-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Agreed. Not a good omen.
Old 05-22-2012   #71
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Read they had him on the exercise bike today.
Old 05-22-2012   #72
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Texans had an injury scare on the first day of organized team activities (OTAs) Monday when rookie nose tackle Hebron Fangupo got rolled up in a pile and appeared to injure his knee.

It turns out the injury was not serious, and Fangupo, an undrafted free agent from BYU, should be back on the field soon.

“Loni’s fine,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Tuesday. “He’ll miss the rest of this week, and we’re hoping maybe he’s back next week. So we got a little lucky. Had a pile out there, but we’re much better today as far as staying off the ground. He’s going to be OK.”

Fangupo, 26, is one of four nose tackles on the Texans’ roster. Shaun Cody and Earl Mitchell both played in all 16 games last season. They’re now joined by Fangupo and undrafted rookie David Hunter from Houston.
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...ebron-fangupo/
Old 05-22-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak: "He's fine...he'll miss the rest of the week..."

LOL.
Old 05-22-2012   #74
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Selfish off topic post:

Sure wish I could watch it later on "Hard Knocks".

/selfish post

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #75
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Opportunity knocks for rookie NT Hebron Fangupo
Quote:
Name game: Big opportunity awaits rookie NT Hebron Fangupo

Texans nose tackle Hebron Fangupo gets his nickname, “Loni,” from Hepeloni. It’s the Tongan version of his first name, which he says is a Biblical site in Jerusalem where the prophet Abraham was buried.

Fangupo’s friends, family, coaches and teammates call him Loni. But his name on the Texans’ roster, per Fangupo’s request, is listed as Hebron.

Why?

“My boss-slash-wife prefers Hebron,” Fangupo said on Wednesday.

Asked about Texans head coach Gary Kubiak seeming to prefer Loni, Fangupo smiled and quipped, “I don’t go home to Coach.”

Moments earlier, Fangupo had explained his name (pronounced HEE-brawn) to a group of reporters at Reliant Stadium as “like LeBron, but Hebron.”

Name intrigue aside, Fangupo (6-0, 319) is a 27-year-old undrafted rookie from BYU with a big opportunity on his immediate horizon. With two preseason games remaining, he and Earl Mitchellare only healthy nose tackles currently on the Texans’ roster. Starter Shaun Cody is sidelined by a back injury. Sonny Harris is headed for injured reserve because of a triceps injury.

“I’ve been taught ever since I got to college, when you get the opportunity, take it,” Fangupo said. “I never wanted to take opportunity in this fashion, to happen in this way. Because going through camp, you build a relationship with every man you’re going through drills with, and you tend to care for them. I personally actually pray for each one of them every day.

“This opportunity coming, I’m not going to take it as like jumping in to take (Harris’) spot or anything. I’m coming in and I hope to get the opportunity to make the Texans fans proud, myself proud, the coaching staff proud, especially my wife back home – for this opportunity to provide for her. So I prayed for that opportunity every day, but I never wanted it to come in this fashion. One promise I will make is I’ll hold the point and I’ll do my best out there...”
read more: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-676ca7b163bf
Old 08-22-2012   #76
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not expecting Hebron Fangupo to become the next Tony Siragusa over night but hopefully he will be as good as I think his potential ceiling actually is.
Old 08-31-2013   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Fangupo!!!

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
OH! RT @ShanePHallam: Also surprise Alameda Ta'amu cut by the #Steelers. Hebron Fangupo took his spot.
Old 08-31-2013   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Fangupo!!!

PDS ‏@PatDStat
I liked Fangupo. But he has had too much of knee and ankle problems. I don't expect him to last too long with the Steelers.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #79
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Alameda Ta'amu cut after only 1 season. I remember some folks were high on him as a mid round pick for the Texans. I wish Fangupo all the best, hope he makes it.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #80
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Who?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read