Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #41
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UDFA, Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
To be fair they asked him to make a bold prediction for the season. He probably was a little too cocky for most peoples taste but atleast he believes in himself.
Yea, but based on Kubs history and his benching of players like Foster, Dwight did not impress the boss
Old 04-29-2012   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Another "what if" just like Holliday. I'll believe it when I see it.
Minimal cost to may hit on another Foster so I'm in. Same with Fangupo and Case Keenum.
Old 04-29-2012   #43
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

"Steal of the draft, Dwight Jones, the next Andre Johnson, you looking at him, 6'4, 230" - Dwight Jones.

Andre's gonna have to have a word with the supposedly next coming of him.

EDIT: and his bold prediction was that he would be starting this year.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #44
myktek2
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 myktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
"Steal of the draft, Dwight Jones, the next Andre Johnson, you looking at him, 6'4, 230" - Dwight Jones.

I heard him on 610 saying that and was thinking to myself... oh lawd.... he's too much of a Diva WR aka TO
myktek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i like his size and speed, if he can get his head out of his ass he might turn out to be a damn good player for us.
Old 04-29-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with a guy like this is IF he ever makes some plays and becomes a fringe player who then gains momentum and starts looking good...you're going to see the dysfunctional stuff creep out and splatter all over anything and anyone in his path.

If he produces, the stuff will be tolerated, and then he graduates up to bigger drama and then it ruins everything else including himself.

He needs to hush his mouth and show that he wants to play, not mouth a lot. I get it that he's excited and has confidence...but dude, you weren't even drafted FOR A REASON. And the reason might be your personality. I'm just saying....
Old 04-29-2012   #47
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The funny thing is...the next Andre Johnson would have never said anything like that. He would have simply went out there, won a starting job, and competed for OROY. No talking about it before hand, just doing it.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2012   #48
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I recommend Andre Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I hope they can too. I like the guy. He was pretty good for us when he was here. I think being around Dre and others will get him on the right track.

Edit: ObsiWan posted right before me. Agreed.
AJ is a role model, not a life coach. Dwight needs someone who will keep him in check when he's not with the team. Maybe his mom will come to Houston and take care of him while he's here?
Old 04-29-2012   #49
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

His running his mouth like this, makes me wonder if he's even met Kubiak yet.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
His running his mouth like this, makes me wonder if he's even met Kubiak yet.
Probably not. He's like one of the teenage contestants who makes the cut for American Idol. They think they have already won the whole thing, and they haven't even been on the show for one episode yet.

I actually think Gary brought him on board to make me quit bitching about the Posey pick.
Old 04-29-2012   #51
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt Dwight Jones is the first kid who enterred professional sports and said dumb things. That can be corrected. I'm more concerned about why he seemed to just give up after his regular season or maybe just before it ended. If we gave JJ 5 years, I am cool with Jones for a year at least. He is dealing with a lot of emotion with now knowing that no NFL team thought he was worth drafting. I wonder how each of us would deal with that if it were us? I'm glad we signed him and I do think he will turn it around but then I thought same about Jacoby.
Old 04-30-2012   #52
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
The funny thing is...the next Andre Johnson would have never said anything like that. He would have simply went out there, won a starting job, and competed for OROY. No talking about it before hand, just doing it.
You guys act like he wasn't asked a question.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Yea, but based on Kubs history and his benching of players like Foster, Dwight did not impress the boss
People have different personalities. Everybody isn't going to be as docile with the media as Aj is.

I could care less about what he says. His actions on the field is what matters to me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #54
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
You guys act like he wasn't asked a question.
Didn't know that mattered. It still came off as cocky. If you ask Andre who is the best WR in the NFL and he'll tell you Calvin Johnson. Didn't matter if he was asked the question.
Old 04-30-2012   #55
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Didn't know that mattered. It still came off as cocky. If you ask Andre who is the best WR in the NFL and he'll tell you Calvin Johnson. Didn't matter if he was asked the question.
He was asked to make a bold prediction and that was his. I have no problem with it. He better back it up, or he is gone. Let him talk. Doesn't mean he is a bad locker room guy because he is confident in himself. Yates probably vouched for him.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #56
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
To be fair they asked him to make a bold prediction for the season. He probably was a little too cocky for most peoples taste but atleast he believes in himself.

What did people expect him to say when asked this?

When you're an UDFA there's going to be certain amount of self promotion. Yes, we've gotten spoiled with certain guys namely Foster being an UDFA, but let's be realistic, not many UDFA make it big. Most are camp fodder. If, very big IF, Jones makes it onto the roster come start of the season it's going to be a long shot.

The big question is this this self confidence vs entitlement to a roster spot? Guess we'll find out in the coming months.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #57
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

He definitely rubbed me the wrong way in that radio interview.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #58
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He was asked to make a bold prediction and that was his. I have no problem with it. He better back it up, or he is gone. Let him talk. Doesn't mean he is a bad locker room guy because he is confident in himself. Yates probably vouched for him.
I really don't care too much either way what he says...I mean I'm a big Arian Foster guy.... I just found it funny who he was comparing himself to while saying that.

Also though I can't blame people for seeing a red flag considering his position. A lot of arrogant WRs have walked onto teams and messed things up.
Old 04-30-2012   #59
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

In the interview, Dwight made the Andre Johnson comparisons on his own. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, you could tell the radio hosts knew they struck gold in terms of material to work with.

When they asked him to make a bold prediction later on, he went with that he'd start in his rookie year.

But the Andre Johnson comparisons, the reference in third person, correcting his misinformed 40 times by 0.3 seconds, and the constant mentions of his measurements are things that can rub even the casual fan the wrong way
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #60
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the interview, Dwight made the Andre Johnson comparisons on his own. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, you could tell the radio hosts knew they struck gold in terms of material to work with.

When they asked him to make a bold prediction later on, he went with that he'd start in his rookie year.

But the Andre Johnson comparisons, the reference in third person, correcting his misinformed 40 times by 0.3 seconds, and the constant mentions of his measurements are things that can rub even the casual fan the wrong way
Wow. I'm going to have to listen to the interview. Sounds like it's cringe worthy though. He's going to have a hard time making the team if he doesn't grow up.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read