Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2012   #181
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UDFA, Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

You know today was the first I have heard about this. WTF...and this was the guy saying he was going to be the next Andre Johnson?? I hope he didnt just quit. There are tons of guys that would love to even make a practice squad. He prob got his feelings hurt cause you knew he wasnt going to make the team and wasnt as good and he told himself.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #182
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If bolded is true, he is now in that real world and is considering how he will buy food & shelter. Maybe that is what Gary is hoping and Jones will reconsider.
I really think Gary Kubiak is sending a message by keeping his name on the roster. Gary is saying "I will never give up on anybody. I will always believe in my guys."

He's making it known that the door is open if the heart is right. I doubt he's trying to keep other teams from claiming Jones. I truly think Gary Kubiak would welcome him back if the guy came back and was serious about getting to work. Might not keep him, might not make anything BUT the practice squad, but I think Kubiak would still give him a shot.
Old 06-18-2012   #183
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I really think Gary Kubiak is sending a message by keeping his name on the roster. Gary is saying "I will never give up on anybody. I will always believe in my guys."

He's making it known that the door is open if the heart is right. I doubt he's trying to keep other teams from claiming Jones. I truly think Gary Kubiak would welcome him back if the guy came back and was serious about getting to work. Might not keep him, might not make anything BUT the practice squad, but I think Kubiak would still give him a shot.
That's what it sounded like to me as well. I don't think he'll be back though.

But I do think he'll make the news again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #184
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. Jones would have the opportunity to learn and develop with little pressure. Maybe he is putting more stress on himself than coaches did. Maybe a little Zoloft would help?
Old 06-19-2012   #185
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be an unknown as to why a guy with all the talent in the world can't hack it at Texans camp. I know Kubiak has been criticized around here for being too "soft" (And I remember a lot of people not really high on the Wade Phillips hire because he is also considered "soft". lol at those people), so to see that somebody quit on him seems puzzling.

Would love to see Jones come back and play up to his potential, because we could really use that. He is what he is though, and if it turns out he's a quitter, then so be it.
Old 06-19-2012   #186
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think it's more of a "You signed a contract with me and if you won't play for me you won't play for anyone." Type thing.

Last edited by TEXANRED; 06-19-2012 at 06:39 PM.
TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #187
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I think it's more of a "You signed a contract with me and if you won't play for me you play for anyone." Type thing.
Not being a grammar nazi here but did you mean to say "won't play for anyone"?

Does anyone really think this clown will be back? And I'm one of the clowns that thought he had a legit shot at making the team.

Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2012   #188
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I think it's more of a "You signed a contract with me and if you won't play for me you won't play for anyone." Type thing.
Yeah, because that type of spitefullness has always been the MO of The Texans organization, from Bob McNair on down.

I think its more of a case that the kid was overwhelmed which can be daunting if your heart isn't into it 100%.
Old 06-19-2012   #189
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows what kind of contract & rights issues are involved here,

And who cares about a guy who predictably walked away?

Put this thread to bed -- let's talk about somebody we drafted or is with the team.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #190
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Put this thread to bed -- let's talk about somebody we drafted or is with the team.
Perfect! Right on!!

P. Randy Bullock

GO!

Old 06-19-2012   #191
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

My favorite poster quote was this gem (upon learning Dwight Jones became a Texans UDFA):

Quote:
Note to Texans: Increase media training budget.
LMAO.
Old 06-19-2012   #192
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
My favorite poster quote was this gem (upon learning Dwight Jones became a Texans UDFA):

LMAO.
WTF does that even mean??
Old 06-25-2012   #193
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WTF does that even mean??
The poster was saying that whatever the Texans front office has budgeted for training the players how to handle themselves in the media, such as when the player is being interviewed or how the player conducts himself on twitter, Facebook, etc., that the Texans better increase that budget in order to help Dwight Jones not make a fool of himself and the Texans with what he says in the media.

Sure enough, Dwight Jones goes on a radio interview and proclaims he's the next Andre Johnson. LOL. He's a gaffe machine, saying and doing things that are not helping him nor the team he's associated with.
Old 06-25-2012   #194
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
The poster was saying that whatever the Texans front office has budgeted for training the players how to handle themselves in the media, such as when the player is being interviewed or how the player conducts himself on twitter, Facebook, etc., that the Texans better increase that budget in order to help Dwight Jones not make a fool of himself and the Texans with what he says in the media.

Sure enough, Dwight Jones goes on a radio interview and proclaims he's the next Andre Johnson. LOL. He's a gaffe machine, saying and doing things that are not helping him nor the team he's associated with.
GP, do you really think that's a worry point at this time. Or any time in the future? I don't.

And like Dutch said, I'm down to 4 FAs now.

Old 06-26-2012   #195
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
GP, do you really think that's a worry point at this time. Or any time in the future? I don't.

And like Dutch said, I'm down to 4 FAs now.
He stirred up the hornet's nest. Blabbing on about how he was big stuff, then craps out after three days. He owns that bit of Dwight Jones history.

BTW, dude is STILL on the roster. LOL. What a world.
Old 06-26-2012   #196
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
He stirred up the hornet's nest. Blabbing on about how he was big stuff, then craps out after three days. He owns that bit of Dwight Jones history.

BTW, dude is STILL on the roster. LOL. What a world.
Yeah, no ****e. If the dude could have only found a way to be humble and take advantage of a golden opportunity on a team on the rise. He had a chance to back up his *shock statement* but decided to tuck-n-run back to the hood. He'll be busted for selling rock on the corner before it's over.

Sad, really sad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read