Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Quick Thoughts About The Draft

The defense should be even better than last season.
Old 04-29-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary! Not sure why you think drafting a "kicker" was a bit of a reach. We didn't have one!! I saw a list of available FA kickers someone posted and the only one worth looking at MIGHT have been Scobee. Bullock was at the top of the list for that position, and was the best kicker in college football last year. I'm very happy with the pick, moreso than a couple of the earlier one's. BUT, like you, we are TEXAN fans and we'll support the guys in Battle Red, Liberty white, and Steel Blue!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Gary! Not sure why you think drafting a "kicker" was a bit of a reach. We didn't have one!! I saw a list of available FA kickers someone posted and the only one worth looking at MIGHT have been Scobee. Bullock was at the top of the list for that position, and was the best kicker in college football last year. I'm very happy with the pick, moreso than a couple of the earlier one's. BUT, like you, we are TEXAN fans and we'll support the guys in Battle Red, Liberty white, and Steel Blue!
speaking of kickers who is the Texans punter going to be?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
speaking of kickers who is the Texans punter going to be?
Donnie Jones I would think, but they may bring in an UDFA.
Old 04-29-2012   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Donnie Jones I would think, but they may bring in an UDFA.
And, while Brett Hartmann is coming off a knee injury, and has to serve 3 game suspension, the fact is that he is still under contract.
Old 04-29-2012   #26
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I still feel that way but position wise it was good IMHO.
They missed an entire need in not picking any defensive backs , so i will say they were not good just ok .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
They missed an entire need in not picking any defensive backs , so i will say they were not good just ok .
I don't think DB was that big of a need. Not with Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael from last year's draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2012   #28
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't get this argument. DBs take time to develope, so there is very Little chance some guy we draft would contribute this year. At the same time wie have some very promising young guys on the team that were injured or Sat and learn last year that are eager to contribute this year.

We were really thin at the OL, needed help at LB and the D-line, were desperate for a WR and didn't have a Kicker on the Team. Each Player we drafted fills a need - and I think a bigger Need than DB might have been.

I am very happy with this draft... I'd just have wished to be more excited about the WRs.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #29
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Kicker was a need but I am just not sure of the round. I am still happy.
Old 04-29-2012   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Kicker was a need but I am just not sure of the round. I am still happy.
We waited until the fifth round, he would have been gone by our sixth. If I'm not mistaken they had a run on kickers right after we picked him.

As for our "punter" I imagine it will be Jones. Might be fun watching the kickers duke it out in TC.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #31
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not about what we as fans feel is a need, it's about what the coaches feel is a need...

If Wade communicated to Smith that "Man, we sure need some CBs, Brandon and Roc just aren't gunna cut it here!" then it was absolutely a "need" that did not get addressed...

But if Wade has confidence in Brandon and Roc, then it wouldn't be a "need"...

these guys didn't show us fans jack squat last year, but it's not the fans they have to prove themselves to in last year's situation...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This team isn't finished being constructed. Some team will cut a db, some guys will be on the scrap heap, some guys will be on other teams practice squads.

If they think we need a db they will get one that is equal or better talent of what a late round pick would gave been this year.

Plus between Harris and Carmichael one of them should atleast be a decent rotation player.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #33
gary
Hall of Fame

I am not worried about a CB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read