Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2012   #141
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Un-Drafted Free Agents

its on nepatriots.com says we signed dwight jones www.nepatriotsdraft.com sorry

Last edited by Steleehin; 04-28-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: wrong site
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #142
Xcellerator
Veteran

Rep Power: 231 Xcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, looks like we got Dwight Jones!

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents
Xcellerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #143
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellerator View Post
Yep, looks like we got Dwight Jones!

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents
love this ,would have been happy if we would have got him in the 5th, works out great
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #144
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see him signing, yet. But I'd love to have him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #145
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

TJ Yates twitter good enough?

Quote:
@TJ_Yates: Excited to hear Dwight Jones signed with the Texans! We got a steal, still can't believe he didn't get drafted
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #146
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Case Keenum, QB Houston
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, WR, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
Nate Menkin OT Mary Hardin-Baylor
Jason Ford, RB(FB) Illinois
Mario Louis WR, Grambling State
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Jonathan Grimes, RB, William & Mary
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland -- yep, Dave Meggett's son (bloodlines!)
Cody White, OT, Illinois St
Delano Johnson, LB, Bowie State
Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, DT BYU
David Hunter, DT, Houston
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
super happy about theses guys. This just makes an already good draft even better. All three of these guys were draftable.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #147
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
super happy about theses guys. This just makes an already good draft even better. All three of these guys were draftable.
Well, I hope Dwight Jones understands the reasons why he didn't get drafted. You can't be a knucklehead at both the Senior Bowl and at the Combine without being red-flagged as a character risk. I don't see him making it here.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2012   #148
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Originally Posted by Playoffs
Case Keenum, QB Houston
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, WR, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
Nate Menkin OT Mary Hardin-Baylor
Jason Ford, RB(FB) Illinois
Mario Louis WR, Grambling State
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Jonathan Grimes, RB, William & Mary
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland -- yep, Dave Meggett's son (bloodlines!)
Cody White, OT, Illinois St
Delano Johnson, LB, Bowie State
Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, DT BYU
David Hunter, DT, Houston
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

I'm loving these signings. DJ has more talent than the guys we drafted in the 3rd and 4th. Hopefully TJ Yates will be working with him starting tomorrow on what he can expect from the NFL and what the Texans will expect from DJ. I'm loving the Fangupo signing as well, it's time we had some size at NT. I really hope both of these guys make the roster.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #149
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fangupo played the 5 tech spot mainly at BYU according to reports I've been reading. Given how raw they say he is, he might end up on the PS to develop for a while.
Old 04-29-2012   #150
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Concerned about Dwight Jones lack of route tree development. I thought UNC ran a fairly sophisticated system, what does that say about Jones ability to learn?
Old 04-29-2012   #151
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 28959 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, help me make sense of this, or show me the error of my ways.

I'm an SEC guy. Love the play. And since 2010 (at least) one of the biggest standout Free Safeties, in all the NCAA, Tremain Thomas, Arkansas, not only went undrafted, but didn't get picked up as a UDFA either?

Tremain Thomas - 6'0", 204lbs, 4.51-40 (unofficial 4.45), 38.5" vert,

2010 - 83 tackles, 4 INTs, 5 Passes Defended

2011 - 92 tackles, 5 INTs, 6 Passes Defended

Those are NFL numbers any FS would be proud of.

Quote:
2010: Started all 13 games, named second-team All-SEC by the AP. Led team with four interceptions and was credited with 83 tackles, 5.0 for loss with 0.5 sacks, five pass breakups, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one blocked field goal. Named to Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List after being selected as the FWAA/Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week for his performance vs. Texas A&M. He also earned Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week and SEC Defensive Player of the Week recognition for his performance against the Aggies, which included seven tackles, 0.5 for loss, one fumble recovery, one pass breakup and an interception in the end zone on the final play of Arkansasí 24-17 victory.
Quote:
01/06/12 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: FS Tramain Thomas led the Razorbacks in interceptions with five, tied for second-most in the SEC with Vanderbilt's Casey Hayward behind LSU's Morris Claiborne's six. - The Sports Xchange
Quote:
12/07/11 - 2011 ASSOCIATED PRESS ALL-SEC FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION: Tramain Thomas, S, Arkansas, 6-0, 204, Sr., has been selected All-SEC Conference Honorable Mention for the 2011 college football season as voted on by The Associated Press. Thomas has five interceptions during the 2011 season, which is tied for third in the SEC and 10th nationally. Thomas had a pair of interceptions in the Razorbacks' 38-14 win against Auburn on Oct. 8. Thomas has also made 87 tackles on the season, which is second on the team. For his career, Thomas has intercepted 12 passes, which is tied for third on UA's all-time career interceptions list. - Arkansas football
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=FS

He's not just "my guy" - but I've never seen this happen to a player of this quality in all my years of watching the college and preping for the draft. There's not even any character issues.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #152
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Delano Johnson, Bowie State

Dates: 03/14/12
Height: 6044
Weight: 266
40 Yrd Dash: 4.91
20 Yrd Dash: 2.82
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.47
3-Cone Drill: 7.55

This guy is a pretty impressive physical specimen. Starting to feel like the Texans like to get these specimens and try and teach them football.
Old 04-29-2012   #153
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Okay, help me make sense of this, or show me the error of my ways.

I'm an SEC guy. Love the play. And since 2010 (at least) one of the biggest standout Free Safeties, in all the NCAA, Tremain Thomas, Arkansas, not only went undrafted, but didn't get picked up as a UDFA either?

Tremain Thomas - 6'0", 204lbs, 4.51-40 (unofficial 4.45), 38.5" vert,

2010 - 83 tackles, 4 INTs, 5 Passes Defended

2011 - 92 tackles, 5 INTs, 6 Passes Defended

Those are NFL numbers any FS would be proud of.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=FS

He's not just "my guy" - but I've never seen this happen to a player of this quality in all my years of watching the college and preping for the draft. There's not even any character issues.
The scouting reports I saw of him, said he can't tackle and isn't physical. That could hurt a prospect as a safety....

Never seen him play though so only passing on my best guess.
Old 04-29-2012   #154
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Found next to nothing on Cody White, OT. Anyone surprised he came out of HS as a TE........
Old 04-29-2012   #155
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Reading reports on Meggett leave me less excited than some of you seem to be. I read that he is indecisive and struggles to read the play and make decisions. Not sure that equals a one cut and go runner.
Old 04-29-2012   #156
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Hahaha, Jags picked up a guy named Long Ding.
That can't be a real name.
Old 04-29-2012   #157
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Grimes seems like the productive back our FO would like, and versatile. See why some people are saying they like him.
Old 04-29-2012   #158
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited to see grimes. He looks like he could be really good for us.

I need to check the other rb out.

I'm kind of upset we didn't get Diehl. That was my guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #159
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Even less out there for Logan Brock. A TE that didn't get many chances to catch the ball, decent blocker reportedly. Smells of camp body.
Old 04-29-2012   #160
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Not much on DJ Bryant. Found this...

College2Pro.com Perspective

OLB-DE tweener. Very athletic. Penchant to get up field. Quickness, speed and burst to be very effective edge rusher. Extremely high motor and intense. Has big, strong hands and long arms and can use his hands. Best suited to be a pass-rushing linebacker in a Steelers-type-3-4 scheme. Will get look due to his size, effort and smarts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read