Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #181
Lucky

Rep Power: 189115 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Un-Drafted Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Surprising the Texans are showing some evidence of loosening their strict policy of bringing in "clean" character this year with the likes of Posey & Jones.
I don't know whether it's about clean or dirty. I think it's a question of immaturity on both player's part. Did they do everything they could to maximize their opportunity at the collegiate level? No. As professionals, they will have to show more commitment to their job.
Old 04-29-2012   #182
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know whether it's about clean or dirty. I think it's a question of immaturity on both player's part. Did they do everything they could to maximize their opportunity at the collegiate level? No. As professionals, they will have to show more commitment to their job.
That was a big sticking point on Posey. They said they're not condemning any one for a mistake but they will condemn a player if they don't learn anything and FIX their mistakes.

Posey continued to show up everyday to practice even though he couldn't play. They said he was blunt and honest about his situation and every chance he gets he says, I can't wait to me Andre/I can't wait to get to WORK. I think that impressed them enough to ignore the suspensions last year. Despite the red flags about him he's at least putting up a "pro effort".
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #183
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Presents!

Case Keenum, QB Houston-
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo- 6'3'' 200 CB
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack-
Jason Ford, RB(FB) Illinois
Mario Louis WR, Grambling State- athlete
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison- athlete
Logan Brock, TE, TCU- athlete
Jonathan Grimes, RB, William & Mary- productive college
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland -
Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, DT BYU
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
Philip Supernaw, TE, Ouachita Baptist
Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon

Keeping an eye on these names. All have big holes in their stock but all stand a legitimate shot of making a difference.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #184
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Don't sleep on Shawn Loiseau. This scheme needs a lot of LB's and he is a great player who was effected by going to a small school. Crazy fast, tackling machine. Tough guy with really good instincts. It's an overused statement, but Loiseau has a VERY high motor. 121 tackles with 10.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks this senior. I could see him sticking with the 53.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #185
Lucky

Rep Power: 189115 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kerns View Post
Don't sleep on Shawn Loiseau. This scheme needs a lot of LB's and he is a great player who was effected by going to a small school.
A real interesting story on how Loiseau ended up at a DII school.

Quote:
Playing against Loiseau’s Division 1 dreams were an incident he was involved in as a junior. There was a fight outside his home, which left one person in a coma. It’s an incident that is still brought up today, especially at the NFL combine, but Loiseau says he handles it in a truthful manner each time.

“I got jumped by two kids who came to my house with weapons; they had pipes. I was trying to defend me and my father and my family. I actually got hit in the head with a pipe and got 28 stitches, but when I tackled the kid to the pavement he hit his head on the ground and went into a coma,” recalled Loiseau. “They charged me as an adult at 17 years old; assault with a deadly weapon. They said the ground was my weapon.”

“I can remember sitting in the cell at 17 years old and my lawyer said ‘Shawn, you might be facing murder charges.’ It was the first fight I had ever been in my life; it was a life changing experience,” he said.

The charges were eventually dropped, but the damage was done. Bigger schools stayed away from Loiseau, and he didn’t receive any walk-on invites from D1 schools. Still, he feels the incident has made him stronger as he was able to overcome the ordeal.
Looks like he does some off the wall, Cushing-type training, as well.

Old 04-29-2012   #186
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Supernaw is a ferocious looking blocker. Don't know if he quite has the athleticism to stick though.

The Loiseau kid brings the hammer every time he tackles someone that's for certain.
Old 04-29-2012   #187
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans
Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, SAF, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Case Keenum, QB, Houston
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Mario Louis, WR, Grambling St
Nate Menkin, OT, Mary Hardin-Baylor
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland
Cody White, OT, Illinois St
Jason Ford, RB, Illinois
Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU
Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
Eddie Pleasant, S, Oregon
Delano Johnson, DE/OLB, Bowie State
David Hunter, DT, Houston
Tracy Robertson, DT, Baylor
Johnathan Grimes, RB, William and Mary
Greg Williams, LB, Pitt
Rennie Moore, DT Clemson
Phillip Supernaw, Ouchita Baptist, TE

A few more add-ons.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2012   #188
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Still need another "camp arm"?

Old 04-29-2012   #189
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 71836 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Dwight Jones vs. Missouri

http://youtu.be/gmidiDO8kjw

I remember the ball on his back for an int.

At least 3 drops.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #190
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...nnie-moore-94/

Rennie Moore looks like a 5T project.

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...g-williams-38/

Greg Williams has NFL family ties and gives us more LBers to look at in camp.

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...p-supernaw-11/

Phil Supernaw is small school Texas boy for TE competition in camp.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #191
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wondering where our next legitimate FB was coming from.

Jason Ford is listed as a RB. But he was regarded as a combo running back/West Coast fullback draft prospect with great hands. The Texans as likely looking at him at FB.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #192
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I've been wondering where our next legitimate FB was coming from.

Jason Ford is listed as a RB. But he was regarded as a combo running back/West Coast fullback draft prospect with great hands. The Texans as likely looking at him at FB.
Next year's draft, Zac Boren from OSU.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #193
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Ford at 6'1" weighs in now at 250.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #194
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Next year's draft, Zac Boren from OSU.
Whoa, there. I need a little longer break before the next draft season.
Old 04-29-2012   #195
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack, here is our ILB prospect, intense guy, descibed as a Brian Cushing type below.

Positives -- A dominating presence at the linebacker position; flies from sideline to sideline with impressive game speed... Diagnoses plays quickly and has a good first step to react... A punishing tackler that can jar the ball loose with a well placed hit... Plays well against the run and pass, possesses above average ability to penetrate into the backfield... Has the versatility to play middle linebacker in either a 4-3 or 3-4 defense... The true definition of a gym rat; will spend countless hours working to improve his game... Most likely a late round selection but will deliver steady special teams production and serve as a worthy developmental linebacker... Plays with the high motor coaches love, does not quit until the whistle is blown... Is a Brian Cushing type player, high motor and high impact player that a defense can rally around.

Negatives -- At just 6 ft., size will be a concern for some teams... Played Division II college football which produces very few NFL caliber talents... More concerning than the Division II may be the reason he was overlooked by Division I teams; had an off the field incident his junior year in high school where a boy ended up in a coma and Loiseau was charged with assault... Is a raw player that will need to time to develop the finesse required in the NFL... Playing in Division II makes him much more of a projection at this point as no one is quite sure how he will fare against bigger and faster players... Does not appear to have much in the way of coverage skills, may end up only being a two down player.
I was looking at similar scouting about him and thought he sounded like another Cushing type player. In PFW they say that "every time he hits it is on the border of being a personal foul."

Fangupo looks like he could be interesting as a NT. A run stuffer that plays light on his feet might be along the lines of what Wade likes.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #196
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whoa, there. I need a little longer break before the next draft season.
Haha, me too. I was just answering the question, as it seems like there wont be a FB brought in unless someone gets cut. It was a tongue in cheek answer.
Old 04-29-2012   #197
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Haha, me too. I was just answering the question, as it seems like there wont be a FB brought in unless someone gets cut. It was a tongue in cheek answer.
I really think they can find a vet FB. Casey is best served at TE, and now the Texans really need him there. I expect a big year from Casey, if he moves to TE.
Old 04-29-2012   #198
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
I really think they can find a vet FB. Casey is best served at TE, and now the Texans really need him there. I expect a big year from Casey, if he moves to TE.
I hope so, because I think you are spot on. Behind OD we have GG, who has not shown anything at the NFL level. Thor is a difference maker, and him and OD together could be awesome.

That said, I just remembered that Zac Pauga from Colorado State was on the PS last year, and he was impressive if my memory serves. Maybe they think he is the thumper at FB for the year?
Old 04-29-2012   #199
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we all know 99% of these guys aren't going to make it, and there's a reason why. The one with the best chance of actually still being employeed by the Texans is Kennum the QB. For no other reason than he's a QB.

We've been through enough of these drafts and free agents hopefuls to know that come that first live real game, most of these guys will not be wearing an NFL uniform.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #200
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to like that list of names. This training camp is going to have some pretty good positional battles taking place. I'm excited already.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read