Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014   #121
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5th Round: Randy Bullock, K, A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We didn't draft Bullock again, did we?
You just thought we traded away that 5th round pick. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 05-10-2014   #122
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hope that the OB regimen has lost its blind love for Bullock.......there better be at least some decent competition........putting Bullock under stressful conditions.
Agreed. I've never seen a kicker shank so many kicks without getting cut. It defined Kubiak's ego of sticking with something until he gets fired.
Old 05-10-2014   #123
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, hey, we got Randy Bullock? I knew he'd be a Texan.

Old 05-10-2014   #124
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So, hey, we got Randy Bullock? I knew he'd be a Texan.
Did your sources tell you that?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 05-10-2014   #125
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Did your sources tell you that?

Some of them denied it.

Old 05-10-2014   #126
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope that the OB regimen has lost its blind love for Bullock.......there better be at least some decent competition........putting Bullock under stressful conditions.
With the signing of Chris Boswell out of Rice, the competition will be intense.
Old 05-11-2014   #127
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
With the signing of Chris Boswell out of Rice, the competition will be intense.
I sense you're being sarcastic. Has anyone seen Boswell kick?
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2014   #128
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
I sense you're being sarcastic. Has anyone seen Boswell kick?
Yep. As I posted in another thread, he has a problem with FGs beyond the 40, although he can certainly find the EZ with his KOs.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #129
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

And again Bullock for the 2nd year has been put up against essentially no competition. Color me concerned.........but this year at least I will carry standby medicine to take before each field goal attempt.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #130
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And again Bullock for the 2nd year has been put up against essentially no competition. Color me concerned.........but this year at least I will carry standby medicine to take before each field goal attempt.
There was no problem with the quality of the competition. He was a top 5 kicker and top 2 for most of the pre draft. Bullock has a year's experience and that makes a difference. Kicking off the ground with bigger faster rushers requires an adjustment that takes some longer than others. I still like him as a kicker. I won't be holding my breath any longer than I would with the top kicker in the NFL.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #131
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Bullock has put everything dead center between the posts during the ATL game.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #132
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After his 14 for 23 start in the first 9 games, including 8-17 from 40+, he finished 12 for 12 in the last 7 games, including 5-5 from 40+.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #133
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
After his 14 for 23 start in the first 9 games, including 8-17 from 40+, he finished 12 for 12 in the last 7 games, including 5-5 from 40+.
He made 1 of 5 FGs 50 yds or over..........the only one being 51 yds. Being able to make longer FGs can be the difference between winning and losing a game.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #134
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Being able to make longer FGs can be the difference between winning and losing a game.
Well of course it can. The FGs from 40-49 included. He missed from 43 and 49 in the Indy game that would have won that one (a 55 yard miss too). Had a 40 yarder blocked against Arizona that would have at least tied that game. Those were the only 2 games they lost where FGs made that he missed could have made the difference.

Only Vinatieri had more attempts of 40+ than Bullock last season. Granted, the All-Pro only missed 4 of those 23 attempts unlike the rookie Bullock's 9 misses in 22 (yes I know he wasn't technically a rookie), but like I said, after game 9 he hit everything including all 5 of his chances from 40+ which included 2 from 49 and a 51 yarder.

And Adam Vinatieri missed 8 FGs his 1st season. He also made just 8 of his first 19 career attempts from 50+, and I think he turned out to be OK.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #135
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well of course it can. The FGs from 40-49 included. He missed from 43 and 49 in the Indy game that would have won that one (a 55 yard miss too). Had a 40 yarder blocked against Arizona that would have at least tied that game. Those were the only 2 games they lost where FGs made that he missed could have made the difference.

Only Vinatieri had more attempts of 40+ than Bullock last season. Granted, the All-Pro only missed 4 of those 23 attempts unlike the rookie Bullock's 9 misses in 22 (yes I know he wasn't technically a rookie), but like I said, after game 9 he hit everything including all 5 of his chances from 40+ which included 2 from 49 and a 51 yarder.

And Adam Vinatieri missed 8 FGs his 1st season. He also made just 8 of his first 19 career attempts from 50+, and I think he turned out to be OK.
The second half of last season, the Texans had such little confidence in him making any long FGs that they trotting him out only ONCE for a 50+ yd attempt...........and that was only for a 51 yder.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #136
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 50409 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The second half of last season, the Texans had such little confidence in him making any long FGs that they trotting him out only ONCE for a 50+ yd attempt...........and that was only for a 51 yder.
In the second half of last season, what part of their game did they have any confidence in? Not like it was a well oiled machine and Bullock was a squeaky cog.

Would love to have the time to go back and look at all of the drives in the second half of the season to see where there were legitimate FG opportunities that were passed on. It's only an issue that they trotted him out once for a 50+ if there were several opportunities that they instead chose to punt or go for it. I honestly don't know how many opportunities we are talking about here. Maybe someone does.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #137
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
In the second half of last season, what part of their game did they have any confidence in? Not like it was a well oiled machine and Bullock was a squeaky cog.

Would love to have the time to go back and look at all of the drives in the second half of the season to see where there were legitimate FG opportunities that were passed on. It's only an issue that they trotted him out once for a 50+ if there were several opportunities that they instead chose to punt or go for it. I honestly don't know how many opportunities we are talking about here. Maybe someone does.
I also can't give you specifics. But the reason I brought it up is because I remember quite a few times where I was left scratching my head wondering why Bullock wasn't sent out to kick a FG.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #138
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Against Oakland he was 3-3, (51, 26, 30). The Texans had drives stall at the Oak 40, which would have been about a 57, 58 yard attempt - they punted. They are down 14-0 at this point and Lechler sticks it at the 11, holding pushes it back to the 6. Another drive stalls at the Oak 48 - that's 60+, they punted.

Jacksonville - Bullock is 2-2 (49, 20). 2nd quarter drive stalls at the Jax 43 (50/51 yd att), it's 7-0 Jax and the Texans elect to punt. Pinned at the 15. Start of the 4th, it's 10-6 Jax, Hou blocks a FG and starts the drive at the Jax 49. 3 plays later it's 4th and 1 at the Jax 40 (57/58 yd att) and they go for it and fail.

New England - Bullock 1-1 (43). 1st drive of the game stalls at the NE 39 (46/47 yd att) - they punt. Lechler pins them at the 7. That was the only chance like that in that game, other than the 43 yarder he kicked and made.

Jacksonville - 2-2 (31, 34). Opening drive of the 2nd half, it's 17-7 Jax. Drive stalls at the Jax 37 (44/45 yd att), Texans punt. Lechler sticks it at the 4. 4th quarter, 3:45 to go, Texans down by 4, go for it on 4th and 2 at the Jags 13. Fail. You need the 6 there not 3. Then again, had they kicked the 45 yarder earlier, then all you'd need is a chip shot 3 there.

Indy - 1-1 (49). 2nd Q down 10-3, 4th down at the Indy 42 (49/50yd att), Texans punt. He had already made a 49 yarder in this game in the 1st Q. 4th Q down 25-3 with 2:50 to go, Texans go for it 4th and 10 at the Indy 41. That's what you do in that spot.

Denver - 2-2 (45, 35). End of 3rd Q, Denver up 16-13, drive stalls at the Den 43 (50/51 yd att). Texans punt.

Titans - 1-1 (19). 1st Q drive up 7-0, 4th and 10 at the Ten 43 (50/51 yd att), Texans punt. That was it in that game.

So I counted 4 opportunities from right at 50 yards where they elected to punt, and only 2 of those might have made any difference. One would have tied the game against Denver at 16, a game they eventually lost 37-13, and the other would have given them a 10-0 lead on the Titans, a game they ended up losing 16-10. And remember, they were 2-13 going into the game.

2 opportunities from around 57, unless you're in Denver that's almost always a punt.

2 more opputunities from around 45-47 yards where they punted instead. Those are definitely head scratchers, no doubt.

So really just 6 legitimate opportunities where they elected not to go for the 3.

Still, he was 5-5 from 40 plus, including his only 50+ attempt. And it was just his 1st year in the league. He does have to improve, especially from long range, but I'm not quite ready to 'boot' him out of here just yet.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #139
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Against Oakland he was 3-3, (51, 26, 30). The Texans had drives stall at the Oak 40, which would have been about a 57, 58 yard attempt - they punted. They are down 14-0 at this point and Lechler sticks it at the 11, holding pushes it back to the 6. Another drive stalls at the Oak 48 - that's 60+, they punted.

Jacksonville - Bullock is 2-2 (49, 20). 2nd quarter drive stalls at the Jax 43 (50/51 yd att), it's 7-0 Jax and the Texans elect to punt. Pinned at the 15. Start of the 4th, it's 10-6 Jax, Hou blocks a FG and starts the drive at the Jax 49. 3 plays later it's 4th and 1 at the Jax 40 (57/58 yd att) and they go for it and fail.

New England - Bullock 1-1 (43). 1st drive of the game stalls at the NE 39 (46/47 yd att) - they punt. Lechler pins them at the 7. That was the only chance like that in that game, other than the 43 yarder he kicked and made.

Jacksonville - 2-2 (31, 34). Opening drive of the 2nd half, it's 17-7 Jax. Drive stalls at the Jax 37 (44/45 yd att), Texans punt. Lechler sticks it at the 4. 4th quarter, 3:45 to go, Texans down by 4, go for it on 4th and 2 at the Jags 13. Fail. You need the 6 there not 3. Then again, had they kicked the 45 yarder earlier, then all you'd need is a chip shot 3 there.

Indy - 1-1 (49). 2nd Q down 10-3, 4th down at the Indy 42 (49/50yd att), Texans punt. He had already made a 49 yarder in this game in the 1st Q. 4th Q down 25-3 with 2:50 to go, Texans go for it 4th and 10 at the Indy 41. That's what you do in that spot.

Denver - 2-2 (45, 35). End of 3rd Q, Denver up 16-13, drive stalls at the Den 43 (50/51 yd att). Texans punt.

Titans - 1-1 (19). 1st Q drive up 7-0, 4th and 10 at the Ten 43 (50/51 yd att), Texans punt. That was it in that game.

So I counted 4 opportunities from right at 50 yards where they elected to punt, and only 2 of those might have made any difference. One would have tied the game against Denver at 16, a game they eventually lost 37-13, and the other would have given them a 10-0 lead on the Titans, a game they ended up losing 16-10. And remember, they were 2-13 going into the game.

2 opportunities from around 57, unless you're in Denver that's almost always a punt.

2 more opputunities from around 45-47 yards where they punted instead. Those are definitely head scratchers, no doubt.

So really just 6 legitimate opportunities where they elected not to go for the 3.

Still, he was 5-5 from 40 plus, including his only 50+ attempt. And it was just his 1st year in the league. He does have to improve, especially from long range, but I'm not quite ready to 'boot' him out of here just yet.
So what, no more hating on Bullock? But I've invested so much!!! What about the games lost by 3 points or less1?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #140
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
So what, no more hating on Bullock? But I've invested so much!!! What about the games lost by 3 points or less1?
You go hate on whoever you want to. It's a free ****ing country. Man, some of you guys are just a bunch of douches.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read