Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2012   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So why have these guys not been picked

I admit I don't follow most players well enough to form many personal opinions. But, I can look at how others rate players, and get a sense of which players are supposed to be good and seem to fall (or vice-versa, get picked early). So, I'm wondering if anyone knows why some of these guys, who were generally highly ranked, are still available. Is there anything specific that's holding them up?

Here's my list (trying to think of people the Texans could maybe look at):
OT:
Bobby Massie
Zebrie Sanders

TE:
Orson Charles

DL:
Jared Crick
Cam Johnson
Billy Winn
Alameda Ta'amu

LB:
Ronnell Lewis

DB:
Alfonzo Dennard
Brandon Boykin
George Iloka
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's a big shock that those guys are still on the board at this point.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So why have these guys not been picked

I dont know, but if these guys are Texans at the end of Rd.4 I will be a very happy Texan fan.

1. Boykin or Minniefield
2. Jones or Childs
3. Chapman or Ta'amu
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #4
texasam82
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think it's a big shock that those guys are still on the board at this point.
I'm pretty shocked that Massie is still on the board...
texasam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you really that shocked? Does this not happen every year?

The reason why they are still on the board is because the personnel guys in the NFl are better than the draftniks of the world. Something had turned people off of these players, and untill the risk to reward ratio becomes managable those players will stay on the board.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #6
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55593 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont know, but if these guys are Texans at the end of Rd.4 I will be a very happy Texan fan.

1. Boykin or Minniefield
2. Jones or Childs
3. Chapman or Ta'amu
Which Jones? Dwight or Marvin?
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
your kidding right?

Bobby Massie - 2nd 3rd round grade.
Zebrie Sanders - 2nd 3rd grade.
Orson Charles - 3rd 4th rd. grade.
Jared Crick - 1st 2nd rd. grade.
Cam Johnson - 3rd. 4th rd. grade.
Billy Winn - 2nd 3rd rd. grade.
Alameda Ta'amu - 1st. 2nd. rd. grade
Ronnell Lewis - 3rd 4th rd. grade.
Alfonzo Dennard - 1st 2nd rd. grade.
Brandon Boykin - 2nd 3rd rd. grade.
Geroge Iloka - 2nd 3rd rd. grade.

Lucky Texans have three picks in the 4th rd. maybe they can save this thing yet? Highlighted my choices.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

OT:
Bobby Massie -- average tape
Zebrie Sanders -- all I know is LZ hates him

TE:
Orson Charles

DL:
Jared Crick-- injuries
Cam Johnson
Billy Winn
Alameda Ta'amu

LB:
Ronnell Lewis

DB:
Alfonzo Dennard -- recently arrested
Brandon Boykin -- broke his leg at Senior Bowl
George Iloka
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Are you really that shocked? Does this not happen every year?

The reason why they are still on the board is because the personnel guys in the NFl are better than the draftniks of the world. Something had turned people off of these players, and untill the risk to reward ratio becomes managable those players will stay on the board.
Yep. It will happen that teams draft to their needs before a BPA and leave a few choice ones. But for the most part, if they end up still avaliable in the 4th round and below, there's a reason.

But there are mistakes made. My God, there are 31 teams in the NFL that are probably still crying they didn't draft Arian Foster.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read