Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #41
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Brandon Brooks, G,

Also i have to say i love this pick.
He probably starts day 1 either for caldwell or smith and he gives us a nice body for foster to run through.
definitely doesn't look like a 340 pounder. looks like he has a lot of power through his legs
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
“No, he’ll be inside. We’ll start him inside and put him in with the rest of our guys and see how it works. We’ve lost Eric (Winston), we’ve lost Mike (Brisiel), so we have a couple of spots in there. We’ll move around and see what happens. The best five will play.”

Rick Dennison on brooks

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-c1f6171f81d7
Verrrry interesting. Good find, aussie_texan!

So his destination is to play G and just bulldoze people. My only concerns can he pull-and-locate in enough time? His downside is that he takes time getting out of the blocks at the snap. That can be hard if he's pulling on a run play.

But anything that needs to go to the right side? He's going to maul anybody on that right side and make them pay dearly for taking him on.

EDIT: I guess it's totally possible he plays LG, too. Can be emergency LT too.
Old 04-27-2012   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
That's hilarious Doc, I got to watch the clip. Does anybody know if we are going to put this guy in at G or T? Any links? Just asking because everybody had Spencer listed as a G in 06 and we plugged him into LT.
In the presser, Dennison said G.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I dont like the pick heck we a 4 guards on our depth right now ..... ????

now he makes 5

i guess they dont care that we only have like 3 tackles on our team
Actually, we had 5, but three of them are Shelley Smith, Thomas Austin, and Andrew Gardner who have a cumulative zero starts and six games active among them, so it's kind of like we only had 2.
Old 04-28-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...t-and-analysis

Check out the link and look at some of his measureables. 4 year starter as well.

Pumped about this guy and what he's going to mean to our running game. This completely makes up for not grabbing zeitler. Although both pf them would have been awesome.

Caldwell and smith better be on notice. He's going to push for a starting spot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got 6 games on him, including the Mizzou game this year; just need the time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57959 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
speed rushers on either side will give him hard time at tackles. He should be an OG. In an NFL season he should lose 10 - 15lbs and that should benefit him.

May I ask how you came to this conclusion?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012   #48
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy will be something special. His physical tools are as good as Carl Nicks / Jahri Evans. The knock on him is that he isn't an obviously mean-spirited blocker, but neither are the best OL in this game (see Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, etc.). I really think we will look back on this pick in a few years as a stroke of genius.
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #49
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, that kid a the leanest 350 I have ever seen. What a freak, in a good way. Much more impressed with this pick. Looks like he can push either G from day one.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #50
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
May I ask how you came to this conclusion?
The report on him is that he can be slow out of his stance .... losing a little weight could help some guy's with that issue but considering how lean this guy is at that weight .... I dont think it would have much effect.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #51
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Dude, that kid a the leanest 350 I have ever seen. What a freak, in a good way. Much more impressed with this pick. Looks like he can push either G from day one.
hmmm...
massive, strong, fairly fast....
do ya think that Wade can teach him to play NT??

...Hey I'm just askin' okay....
Old 04-28-2012   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it again- Day 1 starter at one of the OG spots. He is going to be fun to watch.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #53
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You're doing it wrong. In the words of St. Mayock, "he's a massive physical freak."
Old 04-28-2012   #54
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
hmmm...
do ya think that Wade can teach him to play NT??

...Hey I'm just askin' okay....
I think it's a fair question. I'm really not liking that footwork of his from the scout video. It somewhat seemed like he wasn't even really into the whole routine until the time came to engage his guy. I'm afraid that he's slow, lanky, clumsy but... gawd... he can move fast and push once in a straight line! NT sounds like the perfect position for him.

I haven't seen any gameday college videos of his. If anybody sees some... post 'em up.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #55
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

This guy has big time potential in our system. I think the vision of Foster will cover up any pulling deficiencies he has until he gets comfortable doing things the coaches ask him to do. I know where we're running short yardage now!
Old 04-28-2012   #56
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I like this pick more than the one before it.
Me too I'm sure he'll lose a few lbs during camp. Hell if anything else I think athletic enough to plow the road for foster at the goal line as an fb.
Old 04-28-2012   #57
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just kissed my mom, this is a dream pinch me pinch me
Old 04-28-2012   #58
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33092 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The report on him is that he can be slow out of his stance .... losing a little weight could help some guy's with that issue but considering how lean this guy is at that weight .... I dont think it would have much effect.
And I read someplace that he ballooned to 370 once, so this guy is a dubious choice in a system that is primarily zone-blocking in terms of Oline schemes because it utilizes relatively nimble lineman who can move well laterally as well as get into the second-level. I don't know, perhaps it indicates a shift away from the ZBS by the Texans to a more power-oriented offensive line philosophy for its rushing game ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #59
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I just kissed my mom, this is a dream pinch me pinch me
Pinch me once, shame on me. Pinch me twice...won't get pinched again.
Old 04-28-2012   #60
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
And I read someplace that he ballooned to 370 once, so this guy is a dubious choice in a system that is primarily zone-blocking in terms of Oline schemes because it utilizes relatively nimble lineman who can move well laterally as well as get into the second-level. I don't know, perhaps it indicates a shift away from the ZBS by the Texans to a more power-oriented offensive line philosophy for its rushing game ?
No, I think it just means the Texans lucked into getting a big guard who can move like a nimble linemen (for the most part). Plus, he is strong as hell. I read that he was straight manhandling defensive linemen. Who take any linemen who is doing that.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read