Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Brandon Brooks, G,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hmmm, does seem a bit large for our scheme....?
I'm getting a Charles Spencer vibe about Brooks. Pre-injury, of course. Many thought Spencer was too large for the Texans ZBS. But he stepped right in and started as a rookie. Until the Dayne Train ended his career.
Old 04-27-2012   #22
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything about this guy shouts man or power blocking scheme, not a ZBS, even though he's not without athleticism ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #23
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like this pick! The Texans finally have a "HOG" in their ZBS! I would not be surprised if he becomes a starter sooner than later! Grade A!
Old 04-27-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I love this pick. Earlier in the draft season I was a little hesitant about his size (and being projected in the second), but I really like the guy at this point in the draft. Day 1 starter IMO.
Yeah, I remember bringing him up during our discussion for our combine mock and you were not too high on him. Good to know you are down with him. I think a conditioning program will help him. IIRC, we drafted a huge OL like him once before that got injured early. Our ZBS has changed a bit since Spencer was drafted in 3rd for LT but still pretty heavy dude.
Old 04-27-2012   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't look 350lbs to me ..... where's the fat???

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #26
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Massive physical freak
Old 04-27-2012   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wonder if he can play both OG and OT? Definately has the size to play on the edge .... Dont know a whole lot about this guy.
speed rushers on either side will give him hard time at tackles. He should be an OG. In an NFL season he should lose 10 - 15lbs and that should benefit him.
Old 04-27-2012   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
speed rushers on either side will give him hard time at tackles. He should be an OG. In an NFL season he should lose 10 - 15lbs and that should benefit him.
That thought was just for depth purposes .... Having a guy with versatility to play both spots can pay huge dividends during a season.

Looking at the OL , they have only Myers at C tho Caldwell can slide over as well as only Caldwell , Wade Smith and Thomas Austin at OG .... prior to this pick of course.

(Is C - Cody Wallace still on the roster?)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Doesn't look 350lbs to me ..... where's the fat???

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont like the pick heck we a 4 guards on our depth right now ..... ????

now he makes 5

i guess they dont care that we only have like 3 tackles on our team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hmmm, does seem a bit large for our scheme....?
This is my guy. He was my 2nd rated OT/OG he played OT at MIa. Ohio. He's a beast. Brooks had one of the best splits. He is strong as an ox 36 reps and altough he weighs 346 LBS he can get get to the 2nd level. He does need to play with better leverage.

Great pick

Posey not so much
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'll see you're topless flat belly Brooks,

And raise you a topless Andre Smith, Bengals, drafted 6th overall:

Old 04-27-2012   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NEG REP!

Oh, GAWD, I didn't need to see that again.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Give him my card.........I can reduce his breasts and with a few additional touches tranform him into a size 2 petite before the season opener.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Give him my card.........I can reduce his breasts and with a few additional touches tranform him into a size 2 petite before the season opener.
Okay, okay, Uncle!!!

Repped.
Old 04-27-2012   #36
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In that clip, he looks like he was running with ca ca in his shorts.
That's hilarious Doc, I got to watch the clip. Does anybody know if we are going to put this guy in at G or T? Any links? Just asking because everybody had Spencer listed as a G in 06 and we plugged him into LT.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my favorite pick so far. I can't find a lot of film on him but what I've seen I love. I really like his measureables too.

He might be able to play tackle for us, but I like him at guard.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #38
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
That's hilarious Doc, I got to watch the clip. Does anybody know if we are going to put this guy in at G or T? Any links? Just asking because everybody had Spencer listed as a G in 06 and we plugged him into LT.
Have to wait for the presser.

Given his athleticism and size he could play either eventually.
Old 04-27-2012   #39
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This is my favorite pick so far. I can't find a lot of film on him but what I've seen I love. I really like his measureables too.

He might be able to play tackle for us, but I like him at guard.
“No, he’ll be inside. We’ll start him inside and put him in with the rest of our guys and see how it works. We’ve lost Eric (Winston), we’ve lost Mike (Brisiel), so we have a couple of spots in there. We’ll move around and see what happens. The best five will play.”

Rick Dennison on brooks

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-c1f6171f81d7
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #40
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally sold on this pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read