Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2012   #501
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Damn looks like Webster in a Texans uniform. Hell I thoght that was Holiday for a minute!!!! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know why he looks so small

6'1" 210lbs???

Yea, my main worry as a fan is he's so short that he'll never be able to catch balls against tall NFL defenders.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #502
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Yea, my main worry as a fan is he's so short that he'll never be able to catch balls against tall NFL defenders.

Yeah, looks like he'll have a major problem there!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #503
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

[/quote]

A major problem!

Nice picture Doc.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #504
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

6'1" 210lbs???
It's the collar....
Old 06-30-2012   #505
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dr. CND bringing it!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #506
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
It's the collar....
Yeah, it takes 5 inches off a players listed height.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012   #507
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Compared to Posey (measured 6'2", at the Combine....but shrunk to 6'1" by the time he reached the Texans), this is the highest I've seen Jacoby (measured 6'2 5/8" at the Combine......but grew to 6'3" by the time he reached the Texans) jump. Try finding anything that trumps him bumping butt with AJ........including the latter celebration that managed to booger up his knee for a while.

Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2012   #508
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303257 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Compared to Posey (measured 6'2", at the Combine....but shrunk to 6'1" by the time he reached the Texans), this is the highest I've seen Jacoby (measured 6'2 5/8" at the Combine......but grew to 6'3" by the time he reached the Texans) jump. Try finding anything that trumps him bumping butt with AJ........including the latter celebration that managed to booger up his knee for a while.
At 230 lbs AJ had a 41" vertical. JJ had a 34" at 210 lbs.
Old 07-01-2012   #509
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In general , CB's are shorter, quicker guy's .... not a whole lot of "Big corners"

And that pic shows good ability to get up and go get it ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #510
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

6'1" 210lbs???
Maybe because he's leaning forward while also bent/squatted down???

:obvious:
Old 07-02-2012   #511
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Maybe because he's leaning forward while also bent/squatted down???

:obvious:
I didn't say he looked short, I said small.

At 6'1" 210, he should look pretty stout. I'm thinking he's probably taller than 6'1" or weighs less than 210.

If this guy is 6'1" he looks like he's 185-190 tops.
Old 07-02-2012   #512
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, they're probably lying about his weight.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #513
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

At 6'1" 210, he should look pretty stout. I'm thinking he's probably taller than 6'1" or weighs less than 210.

We will just trust your eyes over the scales measured by professionals at the combine. his pro day and the Houston Texans.
Old 07-02-2012   #514
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah he does look kind of small to be 210...Andre is about 220-230ish? And he seems to be much bigger...

I haven't seen them side by side, so maybe it's just the picture or maybe he's not really 210....I agree that that in that picture he looks like he's at or just under 200...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #515
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

He is walking near Walter (6'3" 217 pounds)

With Andre the Terrorist.

My professional opinion..........he's not overweight........
Old 07-02-2012   #516
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

With Andre the Terrorist.

Nor does he look pregnant....
Old 07-02-2012   #517
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm 6' 0" and weighed 210 in college. I was pretty ripped even without lifting weights (yeah, metabolism was awesome back in the day). I was a steer wrestler, so I had a lot of exercise throwing steers to the ground both running alongside them as they exited the chute AND off a horse going 40 mph.

I am still 6' 0" but weight 230 now, 225 on a good day.

Posey, if he's 6' 1" and weighs 190'ish...he's tall/big enough to play against the vast majority of CB2's or nickel backs in the NFL. For what it's worth, I have never thought he was too small. Seemed to be about Kevin Walter stature to me.
Old 07-03-2012   #518
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
For what it's worth, I have never thought he was too small. Seemed to be about Kevin Walter stature to me.
Ditto on that... His size seems good to me...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #519
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
He is walking near Walter (6'3" 217 pounds)

I know it's just my eyes, & not a calibrated scale or anything that accurate.

But even here. Walter is 2" taller, 7 pounds heavier.... but looks thicker.

Posey must have some dense bones, but that doesn't explain his vertical leaping ability.

EDIT
Actually in this picture, he doesn't look 6'1"
Old 07-03-2012   #520
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know it's just my eyes, & not a calibrated scale or anything that accurate.

But even here. Walter is 2" taller, 7 pounds heavier.... but looks thicker.

Posey must have some dense bones, but that doesn't explain his vertical leaping ability.

EDIT
Actually in this picture, he doesn't look 6'1"
Look at the definition of his calf muscles in the large photo. Look like they could do some damage. But, most people don't realize that calf muscles don't add that much to a player's ability to jump high. First of all, explosive high vertical jump is very commonly seen in "skinny" players. They have less body fat to move. The high vertical jumpers tend to be very blessed genetically with some common characteristics..........long Achilles tendons (look again at Posey's large pic above), long thighs, high muscle attachments (all of the aforementioned which lead to the greatest efficiency of transfer of energy)............. with coordination of very strong (not necessarily bulked) quad muscles, followed by hamstrings, glutes and, lastly, calf muscles.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read