Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2012   #341
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Gp, all star and bad boy, you guys filled me with imaginary laughter and if we ever meet I'll keep the imaginary beers flowing all night!

Lol, jk.

I could only spare one imaginary beer.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #342
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Saw this. Thought it was relevant...
Tressel on Posey.
So I'm supposed to listen to a coach that tried to cover it up and lied to his employers? I am more concerned about the way Posey agreed to take his name off the party ad & then put it back on anyway. Seems like he is going to do what he wants rather be the "face adversity head on" guy the article states he is.
Old 05-07-2012   #343
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So I'm supposed to listen to a coach that tried to cover it up and lied to his employers? I am more concerned about the way Posey agreed to take his name off the party ad & then put it back on anyway. Seems like he is going to do what he wants rather be the "face adversity head on" guy the article states he is.
I thought the same thing about tressel, but are you mixing posey and jones together?

Or did posey also do that?
Old 05-07-2012   #344
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Gp, all star and bad boy, you guys filled me with imaginary laughter and if we ever meet I'll keep the imaginary beers flowing all night!

Lol, jk.

I could only spare one imaginary beer.
well don't mean to pick on you but if you'd give up that imaginary job.....
Old 05-07-2012   #345
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe you're confusing Devier Posey with Dwight Jones.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #346
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
well don't mean to pick on you but if you'd give up that imaginary job.....
Haha...nah the job is real otherwise the very real wife would be not imaginary upset.
Old 05-07-2012   #347
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I watch of Posey the more I'm encouraged. He runs really smooth and crisp routes. That bodes well in the type of offense we run. The key to him adjusting is going to be his football IQ. Everyone can kind of agree that Jacoby just fell flat in this area. I can see him being on the field as WR2 about midway of the season.

It really stinks how the new CBA limits the amount of workouts and camps in the off-season so I'm curious to see how the rookies adapt. It didn't seem to hurt many guys after last year's lockout though. Although I would like to add a guy like Braylon Edwards, I can see us going into the season with AJ, KW, and the kids.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2012   #348
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like others have said, you're confusing Posey's "character" issues with Dwight Jones' character issues.

Posey is the guy who sold his own personal ring so his mother could keep her electricity on. He got 5 games for that. Then he worked his job and got paid the union rate. And he got 5 games for that because the union rate for the job was more than the NCAA allowed.

And during those 10 games, he played the scout team QB and continued to work with the team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #349
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 53144 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And during those 10 games, he played the scout team QB and continued to work with the team.
Posey on an end-adens throws to Jean for a touch down.
Old 05-08-2012   #350
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
The more I watch of Posey the more I'm encouraged. He runs really smooth and crisp routes. That bodes well in the type of offense we run. The key to him adjusting is going to be his football IQ. Everyone can kind of agree that Jacoby just fell flat in this area. I can see him being on the field as WR2 about midway of the season.

It really stinks how the new CBA limits the amount of workouts and camps in the off-season so I'm curious to see how the rookies adapt. It didn't seem to hurt many guys after last year's lockout though. Although I would like to add a guy like Braylon Edwards, I can see us going into the season with AJ, KW, and the kids.
That's what I like about Posey.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #351
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like others have said, you're confusing Posey's "character" issues with Dwight Jones' character issues.

Posey is the guy who sold his own personal ring so his mother could keep her electricity on. He got 5 games for that. Then he worked his job and got paid the union rate. And he got 5 games for that because the union rate for the job was more than the NCAA allowed.

badboy has been watching too much footbal, it's easy to confuse one guy from another; heck, a lot of the receivers in this draft class look similar to one another!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #352
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
It really stinks how the new CBA limits the amount of workouts and camps in the off-season so I'm curious to see how the rookies adapt...
Larry Fitzgerald sponsors a WR camp that I think Cris Carter & Jerry Rice help with. I can't recall if any of our draft picks have attended before ... I wonder why???

Seems like you'd want your rookies to spend some time with those greats ... ?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #353
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I can't recall if any of our draft picks have attended before ... I wonder why???
Have you suffered multiple concussions?
Old 05-08-2012   #354
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Have you suffered multiple concussions?
Daim bramage.

I may or may not have already posted this cutup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkBl91EJsk
Old 05-08-2012   #355
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Larry Fitzgerald sponsors a WR camp that I think Cris Carter & Jerry Rice help with. I can't recall if any of our draft picks have attended before ... I wonder why???

Seems like you'd want your rookies to spend some time with those greats ... ?
No even moderately high WR pick since Jacoby Jones down?
Old 05-08-2012   #356
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
No even moderately high WR pick since Jacoby Jones down?
I don't know ... I've never read mention of our guys going to Fitz's camp & wondered why we wouldn't encourage that.
Old 05-10-2012   #357
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 53144 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Interview on 1560 this morning: audio
Old 05-10-2012   #358
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Interview on 1560 this morning: audio
Thanks for posting. DeVier is a damn good interview and really sharp. I was impressed his "cerebral approach" to the game.

Can't wait to learn from Andre. Imagine that?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #359
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Very intelligent. Not going to be overwhelmed by the NFL.
Old 05-11-2012   #360
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an SI.com article on Posey, specifically the Texans' choice of him, and a few screen shots that they analyzed.

Pretty decent article. Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
The 6-foot-2, 211-pound Posey has a high quota of playmaking ability and, if he’s single-covered while teams pay attention to Johnson, looks like he can find some seams. The play below comes from Ohio State’s win over Miami in 2010, with Pryor at QB.

Posey ran a pretty simple corner route, but in the process managed to both beat the press coverage on the line and accelerate into space beyond the deep safety.

And...

Quote:

Posey’s there with space, but Pryor’s throw sailed a bit. Worse yet, for our specific study, Posey short-armed his catch attempt, no doubt hearing the footsteps from the closing safety.

That’s an issue that comes up again and again with Posey. He’ll go over the middle, he might even make some catches in traffic — he scored against Indiana in 2009 on a play similar to this one, where he plucked the ball and secured it before being rocked at the goal line. But he’ll drop some passes that he shouldn’t and he will shy from contact at times.

There were two examples of that from Ohio State’s 2010 opener against Marshall. Posey scored twice in that game, so this all emphasizes his up-and-down performances. In the second quarter, on a deep ball from Pryor, Posey kept floating long, allowing Marshall’s safety to slip underneath him and bat a pass away. Then, to open the fourth, Posey sat down against zone coverage and Pryor hit him in the numbers — Posey flat-out dropped it.

Houston will hope for more consistency from Posey as an NFL rookie. Will the Texans get it?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read