Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2012   #281
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'd rather not name names. It's not worth the time. It's posters who have a rich tradition of getting overly personal on even the most trivial of conversations.

You're not one of them, obviously, and it wasn't any of the posters you and I have most conversations with.
Bleh , if someone is breaking the forum rules .... get them put in timeout with Dex.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #282
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I believe it was Randle I heard that slept through several meetings.
Where? At the Combine?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #283
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Where? At the Combine?
I've heard he was "lazy"...take it fwiw.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #284
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Where? At the Combine?
In college. No source to cite.

Soooo, is he a fan favorite NOW?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #285
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I believe it was Randle I heard that slept through several meetings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Yeah...that would drop him off my list...
Too bad, jersey #12 just became available.
Old 05-02-2012   #286
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still a little surprised that the Texans drafted Posey with 'character' concerns. I guess the taste of winning is chipping away at their apprehensions.

Just make sure we dont become a win at all costs team like a Fisher led team, or Bengals team.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #287
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Too bad, jersey #12 just became available.
Hopefully for owners of the Jones#12, Dwight Jones will pick that for his number. Problem solved. Until August...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2012   #288
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I am still a little surprised that the Texans drafted Posey with 'character' concerns. I guess the taste of winning is chipping away at their apprehensions.

Just make sure we dont become a win at all costs team like a Fisher led team, or Bengals team.
He doesn't have character concerns. I wish people would stop trying to paint him that color. The NCAA is just a giant douche organization
Old 05-02-2012   #289
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

How does a big time weapon @ WR become a hidden gem, the NCAA.

This is one of my favorite videos of DeVier. Big body, physical, like his body lean in & out of breaks along with excellent use of hands this is how you create separation throughout route tree. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4cabr5OT7o

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #290
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
He doesn't have character concerns. I wish people would stop trying to paint him that color. The NCAA is just a giant douche organization
Yes he does. He took excess money for a job, received improper benefits and sold memorabilia, all NCAA violation.

It doesnt matter if you agree with it or not. All are violations. I could steal food to feed my starving family. Doesnt mean I didnt do anything wrong.
Old 05-02-2012   #291
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

NCAA violations, for a documented union job, and selling his own stuff, big friggen deal. That's like saying players who get fined for wearing the wrong colored socks or Brian Urlacher for sporting Vitamin Water gear have character issues.
Old 05-02-2012   #292
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
NCAA violations, for a documented union job, and selling his own stuff, big friggen deal. That's like saying players who get fined for wearing the wrong colored socks or Brian Urlacher for sporting Vitamin Water gear have character issues.
Rationalize it however you want. Doesnt change the facts that Posey thought he could break the rules and get away with it.
Old 05-02-2012   #293
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes he does. He took excess money for a job, received improper benefits and sold memorabilia, all NCAA violation.

It doesnt matter if you agree with it or not. All are violations. I could steal food to feed my starving family. Doesnt mean I didnt do anything wrong.
But you would be stealing. That is against the law.

He sold his own possessions. He worked a Union job - he had to get paid Union wages. Neither is illegal. Only against the antiquated NCAA rules.

Wrong - yes. Character issue - no way.
Old 05-02-2012   #294
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
But you would be stealing. That is against the law.

He sold his own possessions. He worked a Union job - he had to get paid Union wages. Neither is illegal. Only against the antiquated NCAA rules.

Wrong - yes. Character issue - no way.
Thank you.

I'm not "rationalizing" anything. I do not see any "Character Issues" when it comes to this kid, and I don't even have an opinion for this kid yet. I just find it annoying that he's being labeled as a character concern for stupid stuff. I'm more concerned with his lack of playtime last season but he's reportedly kept in football shape during his off time, so again, I'm neutral on this kid.

Hell, the receiver who "does" have character concerns is Dwight Jones, and I still want to see what he can do for this team come offseason.
Old 05-02-2012   #295
Blake
MMQB

I guess we will see it differently. It just seems that some are willing to overlook his mistakes due to the logo on his helmet.

Maybe getting him away from OSU and Columbus will straighten him out. No offense Yankee but OSU harbor's this type of behavior. From Clarette to Pryor. Tressel has really jacked up the program with his win at all costs scheme.
Old 05-02-2012   #296
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It just seems that some are willing to overlook his mistakes due to the logo on his helmet.
No one is overlooking Posey's mistakes, most of us just honestly do not give a damn... Big difference...

If he were busted a few times in college for smokin' some reefer, then i'd care a little more...not because i'm Mr. Anti-Pot, hell i want it to be legalized and i don't even smoke it (another topic for another board), but continuing to smoke the reef while in the NFL can get you suspended... That effects the team...

He will be making quite a bit of money legally, and the NFL's policy encourages it...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #297
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess we will see it differently. It just seems that some are willing to overlook his mistakes due to the logo on his helmet.

Maybe getting him away from OSU and Columbus will straighten him out. No offense Yankee but OSU harbor's this type of behavior. From Clarette to Pryor. Tressel has really jacked up the program with his win at all costs scheme.
ALL schools, including Ohio State and Penn State, play to win at all costs. That's a part of the twisted world of college athletics. If you think differently about Penn State or any other school, you're probably wrong. It always cracks me up when one school gets caught, the fans of their rivals start pointing fingers, all the while they're school is doing the same thing or worse.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #298
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This has nothing to do with the logo on his helmet.

There's a whole different class of "wrong" between being a thug and a poison in the locker room vs. doing things you should be able to do. When the rules themselves are wrong, we should all be outlaws.

Now, I understand why the NCAA has these rules in place because there are ways that players could get paid by people breaking the rules. But the NCAA needs to do a better job of figuring out if someone's trying to make a lot of money by working the system or whether they're just trying to make ends meet.

IIRC, Arian was pissed off about this whole thing and called the NCAA out on it long before Posey was drafted.

So, no. I don't think this kid has character concerns.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #299
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Does getting caught make the character concerns bigger for him than those who didn't get caught. How many NFL players have accepted cash "donations" from overzealous boosters? I'm not going to guess at a percentage, but I think it's safe to assume there's a fair number of those players in the NFL that we aren't aware of. Heck, Nevin Shapiro alleges that Andre Johnson accepted free drinks and VIP room access while at the U. Any character issues that may have existed had this been known at the time Andre was drafted would appear to be unwarranted at this point.

There are character concerns, and "real" character concerns. Violence, and self destructive activities would warrant genuine reluctance on the part of NFL teams. IMO, the type of things we're hearing with Posey warrant awareness, but certainly not anywhere near the level that the breaking of actual laws would.
Old 05-02-2012   #300
Blake
MMQB

Lets get one thing straight. I do not think only OSU and OSU players break the rules. So dont even bother arguing that. But I refuse to ignore rule breaking by someone just because others who have not been caught do it. I can only view a player with the information given to me. Regardless of who breaks the rules, I do think OSU needs to clean up their program. But thats another debate.

Lastly, I am not trying to force anyone to think he has 'character' concerns. I said that I view him as a player with 'character' flaws and that it surprised me because we usually dont draft players that have done something like this. If you want to view his actions as understandable then go ahead. I have already stated that some of us will view it differently.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read