Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2012   #221
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
One thing that IS good, unlike this new Jones kid who runs his mouth, is that the things Posey has said thus far...it sounds like he's learned and that he's ready to be for real.

This Jones kid, I swear, was Smith and Kubiak giving us a decoy to get off of Posey for awhile. He makes Posey look like Merlin Olsen.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-30-2012   #222
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think those are the free tattoos!
It is still unclear to me if got a free tattoo. In all the reports I could find they lump the 5 players together and say they received free or discounted tattoos and cash for memorbilia.

In an interview on 610, Posey said he sold his ring to keep his mother's electricity from being disconnected. I didn't hear the entire segment so I don't know if they asked him about tattoos.

Did anyone else hear Posey discuss the tattoos?
Old 04-30-2012   #223
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
As in a #2 in the bathroom sense?
Did Posey help Daryl Morey steal your dog ?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #224
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
It is still unclear to me if got a free tattoo. In all the reports I could find they lump the 5 players together and say they received free or discounted tattoos and cash for memorbilia.

In an interview on 610, Posey said he sold his ring to keep his mother's electricity from being disconnected. I didn't hear the entire segment so I don't know if they asked him about tattoos.

Did anyone else hear Posey discuss the tattoos?
He was a part of tattoogate. That was suspension one. Suspension 2 was for being overpaid while working for a booster. The story on the street is that he was not overpaid, they had proof and the NCAA screwed him.

They we giving jerseys, autographs, etc. to a guy who owned a tattoo shop who was being investigated by the FBI for drugs. They also sold rings and gold pants - don't know who the buyers were. NCAA said you can't sell that stuff even though it is yours.

Guys gets popped, his attorney tells Tressel that the guys has info on player, Tressel lies, and the rest is history.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/tag/Devier_Posey_Tattoo
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #225
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
The pic of him getting a tattoo from Rife clears that up, thanks.
Old 04-30-2012   #226
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am confused by some of you guys talking about Posey having character issues? He first got suspended selling his ring and gold pants pendant thing for money to help out his mom and some tattoos. Yes NCAA is retarded (see Arian's rant on NCAA, he touches on this) and does not allow student athletes to sell their own property so in that respect, Posey did wrong, but I would hardly count that as any sort of "character issues." It's not as if he stole the stuff and then sold it or did drugs or endangered anyone's lives. He simply sold HIS jewelery. As for his 2nd suspension, that was just bogus. He got paid more because that was what the dude had to pay all his workers due to some union policy. He even provided the proper paperwork to the NCAA and they simply did not care. Again, this has nothing to do with any character issues at all, just honest financial needs. If that is all we have to worry about, once he signs his first rookie contract, he won't have to worry about any of that anymore.

Just touching back, but come on guys, there are a LOT WORSE off field behavior problems that would concern me far more than what this guy had done, which in all honesty, was nothing bad.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #227
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Did Posey help Daryl Morey steal your dog ?
I think Morey made the Posey pick now that you bring it up. Reeks of a Morey selection.
Old 04-30-2012   #228
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't really matter now. He's OUR's like it or not.

Yank! You and Linds must be really happy with this draft! Posey and Crick!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #229
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
He was a part of tattoogate. That was suspension one. Suspension 2 was for being overpaid while working for a booster. The story on the street is that he was not overpaid, they had proof and the NCAA screwed him.

They we giving jerseys, autographs, etc. to a guy who owned a tattoo shop who was being investigated by the FBI for drugs. They also sold rings and gold pants - don't know who the buyers were. NCAA said you can't sell that stuff even though it is yours.

Guys gets popped, his attorney tells Tressel that the guys has info on player, Tressel lies, and the rest is history.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/tag/Devier_Posey_Tattoo
That's the part that really chaps my hide. How the hell can the tell me I can't sell what legally belongs to me. That frikkin' smacks of slavery.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #230
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I am confused by some of you guys talking about Posey having character issues? He first got suspended selling his ring and gold pants pendant thing for money to help out his mom and some tattoos. Yes NCAA is retarded (see Arian's rant on NCAA, he touches on this) and does not allow student athletes to sell their own property so in that respect, Posey did wrong, but I would hardly count that as any sort of "character issues." It's not as if he stole the stuff and then sold it or did drugs or endangered anyone's lives. He simply sold HIS jewelery. As for his 2nd suspension, that was just bogus. He got paid more because that was what the dude had to pay all his workers due to some union policy. He even provided the proper paperwork to the NCAA and they simply did not care. Again, this has nothing to do with any character issues at all, just honest financial needs. If that is all we have to worry about, once he signs his first rookie contract, he won't have to worry about any of that anymore.

Just touching back, but come on guys, there are a LOT WORSE off field behavior problems that would concern me far more than what this guy had done, which in all honesty, was nothing bad.
agree 100%, It's like whooo, we are drafting a man who tried to do extra and got a good job, Sounds to me that is exactly the type of person I want, not the opposite.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #231
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Most people's dislike of the Posey pick has nothing to do with his "character issues.

Its the fact that never did a single talking head mention him in the same sentence as Randall , Jeffery , Wright, Hill or Sanu.

Not a single person (outside myself) even mentioned him prior to the draft in the mock section. Everyone thinks its a reach but they dont realize the type of production he put up in the Big Ten's worst passing offense .... with a horrible QB.
When you take the numbers from the three games he played as Sr and translate them across the full season - those totals would have been greater than 50% of that teams entire passing offense. He put up those same numbers the two years prior too .....

People listen to the talking heads when they say he's scared to go across the middle .... they dont go look at film and see he made a living going across the middle and up the seams .... when he wasnt blowing past DB's on the outside and took some big hits in the process.

Everyone wanted Wright , Randall or Hill .... wont it be a shock when he is better than all of the above ?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #232
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

What we really need is for Posey, a 'budding' star early in his college career, to 'blossom' into a legit #2 WR, and then stay 'rooted' in that position.

Kubiak has planted the 'seed', now let's just hope he doesn't 'soil' himself..

Nyuk.. nyuk..
TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #233
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Most people's dislike of the Posey pick has nothing to do with his "character issues.

Its the fact that never did a single talking head mention him in the same sentence as Randall , Jeffery , Wright, Hill or Sanu.

Not a single person (outside myself) even mentioned him prior to the draft in the mock section. Everyone thinks its a reach but they dont realize the type of production he put up in the Big Ten's worst passing offense .... with a horrible QB.
When you take the numbers from the three games he played as Sr and translate them across the full season - those totals would have been greater than 50% of that teams entire passing offense. He put up those same numbers the two years prior too .....

People listen to the talking heads when they say he's scared to go across the middle .... they dont go look at film and see he made a living going across the middle and up the seams .... when he wasnt blowing past DB's on the outside and took some big hits in the process.

Everyone wanted Wright , Randall or Hill .... wont it be a shock when he is better than all of the above ?
I understand that. I am confused however by people talking about him having character issues due to his suspensions when they had nothing to do with "character."
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #234
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so I have gone back and reviewed his first 6 games in the 2010 season and the 3 games he played last year; I like him a lot.

In the 3 games in 2011 alone, he could have had at least 6 more receptions (3 TDs), and about 150-200 yards if the QB was a little better (all I ask for is the combination of LSU QBs).

There was one blemish in 2011.
He did commit a fumble when he didn't secure the ball while working to gain more yards after the catch. The CB recovered and poked a hand in to jar the ball loose after Posey had taken several steps.

Posey's measurables are better than Rueben Randle pretty much across the board. From his 40 speed, to the 10-yd split, vertical, broad jump, SS, to the 3-cone.

Randle is a little more than an inch taller, and has better arm length; however, Posey makes up for those two factors with much better jumping ability and his wingspan (Randle probably has a narrower frame, or perhaps one of his arms is shorter than the other one - this is a medical fact about the human body.)

Posey hands' are slighty bigger than Randle's.

Last edited by 76Texan; 04-30-2012 at 01:45 PM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #235
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that. I am confused however by people talking about him having character issues due to his suspensions when they had nothing to do with "character."
There are so many athletes who are self-destructive and think that the rules don't apply to them. And some people think that Posey's breaking the rules could reflect exactly that sort of fault. They're saying he should have known the rules and he should have known better than to violate them.

I'm not one of those guys but that's their argument. It has merit. I just don't think that it applies to this kid in this situation.

In the second suspension, I think he really feels that he didn't break any rules.

I don't think this kid has any character issues. The more I see about this pick, the more I like it. I hope he steps up and outperforms everyone's expectations.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #236
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In the early part of the 2010 season, Posey was already a good route runner.
His production would have been a whole lot better had he played on an offense like Okl. St. or Baylor.

He shows the ability to get seperation at the top of the route as he goes in and out of the break smoothly.
He can drive the CB downfield with good acceleration and then make a clean break to either side, or come back smoothly, leaving a big gap between him and the defender. (Deep-Ins, deep outs, comebackers, hitches.)

He has a good double move that he uses to his advantage on the corner, post and post-corner routes.

He runs an effective fade route in the red zone.

He leaves enough room along the side-line to help his QB; he can adjust his routes as he sees the throw or in instances where the QB was under pressure, and he knows when to play defensive football to prevent an INT.

In those first 6 games of the 2010 season, I did see him drop a ball; it was a short stop route where he was wide open; he just took his eyes off the ball looking to make a football move a bit too soon.
On a slant route, he didn't catch a "hot" ball ("too hot" was the term used by the commentator).
Again, he was wide-open; he probably expected the QB to take a little off the ball as there was no need to drive it.

He's a good college blocker.
He was instrumental in the 2 TD runs (and others) in the 3 games he played in 2011.

Yes, he does need to play until the whistle blow and he needs to actively engage his block better; but those are the things common at the collegiate level (heck, even in the pros - ie., all the Texans receivers and TEs in the early part of their career.)

I did see Posey engage in some heated battles with the CBs and safeties.
He will be fine.

I don't see the comparison with Gaffney in the middle in any of the 9 games I've watched so far; Posey can go inside.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #237
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

...and since this thread is still going strong Posey put up those numbers with Pryor as QB..... Imagine what he can do with an NFL QB?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #238
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I will try to root for the kid, even though he went to OSU. I mean, not everyone is perfect.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #239
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some of the blacklash or mistrust for the pick resides in he wasn't in mention with the other second tier WRs in the draft like Hill, Randle, or Sanu. What makes them all kind of strange is none of them come from notable passing teams really. Theres also conflicting reports of what his 40 time really is. Fair or not as well, there is speculation he could've dropped much further than where we picked him. So there's a question of value.

Part of it is no matter how you feel about it, he was right in the middle of the scandal that cost Jim Tressel his job and missed large parts of his senior year. This makes him hard to evaluate because you're forced to really depend on what he did his junior season.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #240
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
OK, so I have gone back and reviewed his first 6 games in the 2010 season and the 3 games he played last year; I like him a lot.

In the 3 games in 2011 alone, he could have had at least 6 more receptions (3 TDs), and about 150-200 yards if the QB was a little better (all I ask for is the combination of LSU QBs).

There was one blemish in 2011.
He did commit a fumble when he didn't secure the ball while working to gain more yards after the catch. The CB recovered and poked a hand in to jar the ball loose after Posey had taken several steps.

Posey's measurables are better than Rueben Randle pretty much across the board. From his 40 speed, to the 10-yd split, vertical, broad jump, SS, to the 3-cone.

Randle is a little more than an inch taller, and has better arm length; however, Posey makes up for those two factors with much better jumping ability and his wingspan (Randle probably has a narrower frame, or perhaps one of his arms is shorter than the other one - this is a medical fact about the human body.)

Posey hands' are slighty bigger than Randle's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
In the early part of the 2010 season, Posey was already a good route runner.
His production would have been a whole lot better had he played on an offense like Okl. St. or Baylor.

He shows the ability to get seperation at the top of the route as he goes in and out of the break smoothly.
He can drive the CB downfield with good acceleration and then make a clean break to either side, or come back smoothly, leaving a big gap between him and the defender. (Deep-Ins, deep outs, comebackers, hitches.)

He has a good double move that he uses to his advantage on the corner, post and post-corner routes.

He runs an effective fade route in the red zone.

He leaves enough room along the side-line to help his QB; he can adjust his routes as he sees the throw or in instances where the QB was under pressure, and he knows when to play defensive football to prevent an INT.

In those first 6 games of the 2010 season, I did see him drop a ball; it was a short stop route where he was wide open; he just took his eyes off the ball looking to make a football move a bit too soon.
On a slant route, he didn't catch a "hot" ball ("too hot" was the term used by the commentator).
Again, he was wide-open; he probably expected the QB to take a little off the ball as there was no need to drive it.

He's a good college blocker.
He was instrumental in the 2 TD runs (and others) in the 3 games he played in 2011.

Yes, he does need to play until the whistle blow and he needs to actively engage his block better; but those are the things common at the collegiate level (heck, even in the pros - ie., all the Texans receivers and TEs in the early part of their career.)

I did see Posey engage in some heated battles with the CBs and safeties.
He will be fine.

I don't see the comparison with Gaffney in the middle in any of the 9 games I've watched so far; Posey can go inside.
Great stuff. 76T!

Repped.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read