Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #201
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He has #2 written all over him. I think both of the wr picks are going to contribute this year.

I'm really hoping we can trade jacoby.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #202
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He has #2 written all over him.
Yah, wasnt too sure about Posey at first, but watching more highlights and reading more gives me a positive feeling about his future here as a #2...the suspension crap? Meh, it's silly really...can he ball at WR?

We'll see, but i feel there's some hope there...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #203
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...is-a-good-guy/

Columbus [Ohio] Dispatch’s Tim May on Devier Posey:
Humble, soft spoken, intelligent

One of my favorites I've ever covered at Ohio State since 1984

Nailed by NCAA for playing 5 holes of golf

His lawyer proved Posey worked the hours NCAA said he didn't

A lot of Ohio State players got the illegal free tattoos

Had 3 drops everyone remembers

Can stretch a defense, goes over the middle, runs great routes

Doesn't sound so evil after all.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #204
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...is-a-good-guy/

Columbus [Ohio] Dispatch’s Tim May on Devier Posey:
Humble, soft spoken, intelligent

One of my favorites I've ever covered at Ohio State since 1984

Nailed by NCAA for playing 5 holes of golf

His lawyer proved Posey worked the hours NCAA said he didn't

A lot of Ohio State players got the illegal free tattoos

Had 3 drops everyone remembers

Can stretch a defense, goes over the middle, runs great routes

Doesn't sound so evil after all.
Oops. I posted a link to this in its own thread. He also talks about Martin and what a great couple of WRs we got.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #205
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yeah its weird cause Quin, McCain, Nolan all suck and were high round whiffs.
Quinn was a 4th round pick, McCain was a 6th round and Nolan was a 7th round pick.

Not one of them are high round whiffs.
Old 04-29-2012   #206
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Quinn was a 4th round pick, McCain was a 6th round and Nolan was a 7th round pick.

Bong just types stuff. His memory appears to be a little fuzzy. He does no research.

But I bet he eats well. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #207
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post

b0ng's sarcasm may be too subtle.
Old 04-29-2012   #208
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Posey enters the season as WR3. Walter is just to Texany to lose his spot, especially after taking his pay cut.
Old 04-29-2012   #209
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think Posey enters the season as WR3. Walter is just to Texany to lose his spot, especially after taking his pay cut.
Walter is just too good in the run game to lose his spot .... They use him to chip DE's and OLB's when he comes in motion quite often.
He may not be the fastest or biggest .... But I saw a stat somewhere a while back that he lead the NFL in percentage of catches to targets in 2010 with something rediculous like 71%. I found that a bit shocking ..... He wasnt as good last year but he also had Yates instead of Schaub for a big chunk of the season.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #210
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

From the
Battle Red Blog about half way down. I heard some of this same info on the radio.

"Posey was 3rd highest-ranked WR high school prospect in the country in 2008, right behind Julio Jones and AJ Green.
Pretty good company. His college career was going good (10.6 YPC in 2008, 13.8 YPC in 2009, 16.0 YPC in 2010) until the suspension in 2011. To put it in perspective, Julio Jones averaged less in 2010 (14.5 YPC in 2010), the year before he was drafted in the 1st round. AJ Green averaged less too (14.9 YPC) in 2010. This guy would have probably gone 1st round this draft if he had played."
Old 04-30-2012   #211
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think those are the free tattoos!
Old 04-30-2012   #212
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

msr
Old 04-30-2012   #213
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #214
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Walter is just too good in the run game to lose his spot .... They use him to chip DE's and OLB's when he comes in motion quite often.
He may not be the fastest or biggest .... But I saw a stat somewhere a while back that he lead the NFL in percentage of catches to targets in 2010 with something rediculous like 71%. I found that a bit shocking ..... He wasnt as good last year but he also had Yates instead of Schaub for a big chunk of the season.

I don't know if Walter loses his spot but he shouldnt keep it based on his run blocking. He's a receiver.

The ideal role for Walter, IMO, would be as a short yardage slot receiver. Good hands, tough and like you said can run block if needed.

But I doubt they ask Walter to take a pay cut if they saw him as the for sure #2. They probably would have cut him if he refused.
Old 04-30-2012   #215
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know if Walter loses his spot but he shouldnt keep it based on his run blocking. He's a receiver.

The ideal role for Walter, IMO, would be as a short yardage slot receiver. Good hands, tough and like you said can run block if needed.

But I doubt they ask Walter to take a pay cut if they saw him as the for sure #2. They probably would have cut him if he refused.
Yep. They have to expect him to be a situational player after this.

I think they expect Posey and Martin to be seeing the field. A lot.

I wonder if he got performance incentives built into the contract. Walter didn't do a lot as a receiver last year but he knows this offense and he performs a lot of functions in it. He's just reaching the end of his effective shelf-life and for a 7th round pick in 2003, he's had a heckuva career.
Old 04-30-2012   #216
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As in a #2 in the bathroom sense?

I can't wait to see him in a preseason game. That's when we'll know something about this guy. When the real NFL bullets start flying.
Old 04-30-2012   #217
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I can't wait to see him in a preseason game. That's when we'll know something about this guy. When the real NFL bullets start flying.
#2 as in solid but not special. Really good with a slim chance if being great.

Good hands, good body control, nice size, good speed. The more I see the more I like. I think he and Martin will see some action this season.

No not action as in a hook up.
Old 04-30-2012   #218
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#2 as in solid but not special. Really good with a slim chance if being great.

Good hands, good body control, nice size, good speed. The more I see the more I like. I think he and Martin will see some action this season.

No not action as in a hook up.
One thing that IS good, unlike this new Jones kid who runs his mouth, is that the things Posey has said thus far...it sounds like he's learned and that he's ready to be for real.

This Jones kid, I swear, was Smith and Kubiak giving us a decoy to get off of Posey for awhile. He makes Posey look like Merlin Olsen.
Old 04-30-2012   #219
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The ideal Role for Walter is #3. He's a great possession receiver and is pretty large for a slot guy.His game is suited for a #3: great hands, isn't afraid to go over the middle, blocks in the run game, and knows where he is on the field.

I think drafting a guy like Posey is an indication of what this staff thinks of AJ and how much he has left in the tank as an elite WR. IMO if they drafted a guy like Hill or Randle, to me at least, its a good indication of not long as both physically have high ceilings. Posey strikes me a as developing into a good #2, but not #1.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #220
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Hopefully, but then again in Jacoby's first preseason he looked like a future superstar.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read