Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2012   #81
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our two division rivals pick up big time WRs

I meant more along the line of our defense is going to have a harder time maintaining #2 in Defense this year again when the Colts (might) have a QB and most teams have more offensive threats.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #82
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I meant more along the line of our defense is going to have a harder time maintaining #2 in Defense this year again when the Colts (might) have a QB and most teams have more offensive threats.
I see what you're saying, I was just having fun with your choice of words. I think our only weak spot is CB after Joseph, so I'm still not too worried. Preseason and the first few games could change that, but I'll wait and see.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #83
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry im still on edge from the political side of the forums, totally agree with you though.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #84
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kenny Britt has potential, but do you really think Kendall Wright is a "big time" WR?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #85
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry im still on edge from the political side of the forums, totally agree with you though.
No problem, I had to ban myself from those areas. It's too easy to get myself riled up.

Old 04-29-2012   #86
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Kenny Britt has potential, but do you really think Kendall Wright is a "big time" WR?
He makes things happen after the catch, and he adjusts very well to deep balls while they're in the air. He made RG3 look better than even he was on a few throws I saw last season because of his ability to adjust and go get it.

He was a consistent producer, even when RG3 missed most of one season a few years ago, and he consistently improved throughout his career.

As for big time, he's not going to be elite like Andre, but he could potentially be well above your average guy. We'll have to see how he transitions.

Old 05-02-2012   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Not even Peyton Manning came into the league on fire. I'm not worried about Andrew Luck. You've got your Cam Newtons, Dante Culpeppers, & Donovan McNabbs who appear to have "instant" success, but those guys usually have guys like Randy Moss & Steve Smith to help them out.

Andrew Luck doesn't.
Old 05-02-2012   #88
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Blackmon gets Blaine Gabbert throwing to him. We are fine.
Chuck and duck Blaine =

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #89
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not even Peyton Manning came into the league on fire. I'm not worried about Andrew Luck. You've got your Cam Newtons, Dante Culpeppers, & Donovan McNabbs who appear to have "instant" success, but those guys usually have guys like Randy Moss & Steve Smith to help them out.

Andrew Luck doesn't.
Reggie Wayne isn't exactly chopped liver...
Old 05-02-2012   #90
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
No he's not chopped liver, but he is about 67 years old.
Old 05-02-2012   #91
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
More like a TV dinner Salisbury Steak.
Old 05-02-2012   #92
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Andrew Luck doesn't.
Steve Smith was thought to be washed up since he had basically put up pedestrian numbers in the last few years of the Fox regime. Cam Newton's success in Carolina during his rookie year was nothing short of amazing and easily the best rookie QB performance you, I, or anybody else who has been watching the NFL has seen, like ever. You can't really lump that guy in with anybody else as far as discussing singular rookie success. And remember, Carolina was an absolute dumpster fire the year before.

Really my point is, Luck could surprise just like Newton did his rookie year (albeit, I find it extremely hard to believe he'd have nearly as many rushing TD's), and Wayne is as decent of a target as Smith. I don't think the Colts offense will be bad, per se, I think that defense is what's going to undo Luck for the next couple of years.
Old 05-02-2012   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Steve Smith was thought to be washed up since he had basically put up pedestrian numbers in the last few years of the Fox regime. Cam Newton's success in Carolina during his rookie year was nothing short of amazing and easily the best rookie QB performance you, I, or anybody else who has been watching the NFL has seen, like ever. You can't really lump that guy in with anybody else as far as discussing singular rookie success. And remember, Carolina was an absolute dumpster fire the year before.

Really my point is, Luck could surprise just like Newton did his rookie year (albeit, I find it extremely hard to believe he'd have nearly as many rushing TD's), and Wayne is as decent of a target as Smith. I don't think the Colts offense will be bad, per se, I think that defense is what's going to undo Luck for the next couple of years.

The fact that we don't play Luck until the end of the season gives even more credence to what you're saying...

Theoretically he should have improved by that time...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The fact that we don't play Luck until the end of the season gives even more credence to what you're saying...

Theoretically he should have improved by that time...
Wade's going to figure out how to get to him by then.
Old 05-06-2012   #95
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Wont HWWNBM's "invisible offensive line" be blocking for Luck next year ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #96
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
This. If Allen was so much better than KJ to command that level of FA $$$, do you honestly believe that Wade would let him go and keep KJ?

Not to mention, if Allen was that good, why couldn't he keep KJ on the bench and take all the snaps?

Never take the $$$ amount of a FA contract to effectively represent the talent of the player. Teams overpay for their needs all the time.
If the Bengals were only given a choice of KJ or Allen, which one do you think they would pick?

Let's pretend that KJ was a free agent just like Allen was this year. Do you genuinely think the Bengals would invest the money into KJ instead of Allen?

No way would they spend the same cash on KJ. Plus, they had to do something because they let Joseph go the year before. Allen represented the best bang for the buck with what was out there.
Old 05-07-2012   #97
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Aren't the Bengals playing Allen at Safety? They have Leon Hall, Nate Clements, Terence Newman, Pac-man, and just picked a CB in the first round. That's a lot of CBs fighting for playing time. I can't imagine they give Allen the contract they did and not give him a significant role, and it looks like he'd be more prominent at safety.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #98
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Our two division rivals did what to stop

?

Holla at ya boy.
Old 05-07-2012   #99
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Aren't the Bengals playing Allen at Safety? They have Leon Hall, Nate Clements, Terence Newman, Pac-man, and just picked a CB in the first round.
The Bengals cut Clements last week.
Old 05-07-2012   #100
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Bengals cut Clements last week.
I couldn't find any confirmation on this.
All I read was speculation.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read