Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #41
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our two division rivals pick up big time WRs

You guys are seriously worried about Blaine Gabbert? Andre Johnson couldn't make that clown look good, what's Blackmon gonna do?

Wright??? Wrong hahaha...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #42
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think part of there strategy was to keep them from going to Houston and them having to worry about two big weapons.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #43
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I think part of there strategy was to keep them from going to Houston and them having to worry about two big weapons.
If that's true, then they worried for no reason. We wouldn't have picked either of them anyway! Our FO is stuck on picking a D guy!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #44
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Luckily it takes more than a big time WR to be a good team.

See Texans 2003-2008
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
so this thread should be merged into my Pessimist thread?
No shyte ..... talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited by Playoffs; 04-27-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'll poo poo Wright and Gabbert all I want. I've stated before that Wright as a prospect is not what I wanted in the first round. It's going to take more than one good pass from Gabbert to Blackmon to beat the Texans.
And you could be wrong in your draft eval, too.

None of us know. But what I know is that there's too much confidence going on around here right now.

No games have been played yet, but our rivals are trying to add WRs that will give them a better shot vs our defense. That should cause some level of caution for us. Not fear. Just caution.
Old 04-27-2012   #47
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And you could be wrong in your draft eval, too.

None of us know. But what I know is that there's too much confidence going on around here right now.

No games have been played yet, but our rivals are trying to add WRs that will give them a better shot vs our defense. That should cause some level of caution for us. Not fear. Just caution.
I dont understand your logic. We should be cautious about their picks, but not have confidence about ours?

The way I see it, we took a top 5 defense and added a pass rusher. They took bottom of the barrel offenses and added a wide out.
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2012   #48
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
The funny thing is I think this thread nailed half of it.

We don't need to worry about our division. Yes, the Jags got Blackmon, and the Titans have Britt and Wright now. But we have a stout defense that can handle dynamic WRs (see Bengals games with AJ Green) and WR duos (see Falcons game with White and Jones.)

It's the teams with multiple receiving threats that we seem to struggle against like when we played New Orleans.

I'm really interested in seeing how our defense performs against teams like New England and Green Bay, when perhaps a pass rush may need to be a step faster because the quarterback has so many options to go to.
That's the QB at work. I don't think a lot of NOLA's WR's would be jack squat on a team like Jacksonville or Tennessee. Same with Pee Manning and his Colts teams...is Stokely or Garcon or whoever a superstud with any other QB tossing passes their way? Is it really the QB's options to pass to or the QB making it happen? Brady...Rodgers...Brees...they make their WR's better.
Old 04-27-2012   #49
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't like how a lot of people are poo-poo'ing the WR talent just added to the Jags and Titans.

Do their QBs lack? Yes. But it takes one well-placed pass to Wright or Blackmon and they could hurt you really badly. Like "take it to the house" badly.

And let's not even talk about if that well-placed pass is against a certain CB in the back of the end zone.

I understand we're proud of our guy in the 1st round here. But let's not get drunk on our Kool Aid just yet. Use moderation.
Adding WR talent to teams with questinble play at QB (and that's being generous to the Jags) and defeciences on the O-line fails to concern me. It only fails more when the WR talnet being added are rookies. Sorry.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
The funny thing is I think this thread nailed half of it.

We don't need to worry about our division.
We only won one more game than the Titans did last season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #51
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Our team didn't struggle against New Orleans because they had more receiving threats than Baltimore, we struggled because Darren Sproals is a motherfah@^**€

There was that one drive where Kareem refused to play up on his man, but other than that, they just took advantage of an overly aggressive defense.
they started beating us (if I remember correctly) when they went five wide after jojo got hurt.

sent from way too close to Dallas....
Old 04-27-2012   #52
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We only won one more game than the Titans did last season.
And they were also in the wild card hunt until the last game. The Titans will not be pushovers. I still say we take the division, but the Titans will come in 2nd and probably be a royal pain in our butts like they usually are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #53
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I dont understand your logic. We should be cautious about their picks, but not have confidence about ours?

The way I see it, we took a top 5 defense and added a pass rusher. They took bottom of the barrel offenses and added a wide out.
I never said we shouldn't have confidence about ours.

Britt was hurt the majority of 2011. With him, they are a very dangerous team. They'll have Britt and a slot guy in Wright who won't be nearly the hot garbage that some are making him out to be.

The Titans didn't finish too far behind us, Blake. All in all, I think they picked up a WR they felt they needed in order to help out their QB against a Texans defense that will try to get to the QB before he can throw it. That doesn't mean we're going to get to the Qb every time.
Old 04-27-2012   #54
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Despite the common misconception here...the Texans secondary was one of the better ones in all of the NFL and this is including KJ who played most of the snaps.
I'm not worried about it.

Blackmon will be Jacksonville's #1 WR which means he'll get Jjo and Wright will be Tennesse's slot or #2 guy and if they plan on going deep to him good luck with that. They'll have Merciless, Cushing, Reed, Barwin, Watt, and Smith all coming after em.
Hold up,,,,,,he SPLIT playing time with a street FA, so his opportunities to look bad were very limited. Now that he is the full time guy things will be a lot different.

You see the contract that J. Allen got from Cincy right ??? If KJ played most of the snaps then why would J. Allen of gotten as good of a deal as he did ?
Old 04-27-2012   #55
GP 
Go Texans!

Anybody who thinks the Titans won't remember they were only one game back of the Texans is fooling themselves.

We need to slow down a bit. 2012 likely won't be a runaway by the Texans. It has the chance to be, but the games haven't been played yet.
Old 04-27-2012   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
And they were also in the wild card hunt until the last game. The Titans will not be pushovers. I still say we take the division, but the Titans will come in 2nd and probably be a royal pain in our butts like they usually are.
They picked up All Pro G Steve Hutchison also...their offense will be better next season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #57
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
I never said we shouldn't have confidence about ours.

Britt was hurt the majority of 2011. With him, they are a very dangerous team. They'll have Britt and a slot guy in Wright who won't be nearly the hot garbage that some are making him out to be.

The Titans didn't finish too far behind us, Blake. All in all, I think they picked up a WR they felt they needed in order to help out their QB against a Texans defense that will try to get to the QB before he can throw it. That doesn't mean we're going to get to the Qb every time.
I hear ya. But with the Titans, you cant take 1+1 and get 2. We dont even know who the starting QB will be next season.

If they get Britt back, we get Schaub back. And I think this team is much more dangerous with Schaub at the helm.
Old 04-27-2012   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
They picked up All Pro G Steve Hutchison also...their offense will be better next season.
You beat me to that one, as well.

The good news is that the Titans defense is shaky. That's the key for us in 2012. We have to put points on the board, run away early, and make the Titans offense string out drives all game long.
Old 04-27-2012   #59
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Like we built the texans to beat the colts, now teams are building to beat the texans.......

we have KJ so logic way to beat us is have 2 good WRs, ref 2010 season ! Its not like we have 2 good CBs, we have 1 good CB and another so so CB. Jojo cant cover his man and KJs man so teams are building aorund our weakness we know its a weakness so do they.
Old 04-27-2012   #60
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I hear ya. But with the Titans, you cant take 1+1 and get 2. We dont even know who the starting QB will be next season.

If they get Britt back, we get Schaub back. And I think this team is much more dangerous with Schaub at the helm.
i do have to agree here, we were scoring machines before schaub went out. Infact we were in the top 3 in scoring offense before he went down. So having Schaub back will make us a lot better as well.

People seem to forget all the injuries we had last season, Sure the titans were only 1 game behind us, but we were without our starting and 2nd string QB and without AJ for most of the season. them 2 back full time and we are a different team all together

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read