Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default What I want...

I know we've got needs. I know we should address depth. I know we should be thinking about the long-term.

But what I'd like to see from the Texans, is if they draft 2 receivers within their first three picks.

I want to add two guys through the draft that has the potential to bump Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones down to our 4th & 5th receivers. Both guys are making too much money for a 4th or 5th receiver, I understand that, we'll have to cut one or both players.

But I want our offence to take a huge jump in 2012 & to do that, I think we need major upgrades at the 2nd & 3rd WR.

That's what I want, that's what would make me ecstatic about this draft.
Old 04-26-2012   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I want...

Could have put it in a draft thread, but I was thinking the same thing. Like Stephen Hill or Reuben Randle with the first, and Greg Childs in the third. Texans would have to go OLB in the second and OL with the fourth round picks.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #3
texan_fan80
texan fanatic

Section: my couch

i say ryan broyles in the third
Old 04-26-2012   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

TK I agree, I know it's irrational and all that, but I want a fresh young WR to get excited about. Not that I'm complaining, but I like hopeful prospects
Old 04-26-2012   #5
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to admit it but I kinda have to agree with Pancakes in the Comicle yesterday http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...n-first-round/and think they'll wait until the third or fourth for a receiver or two, plus UDFAs (Mario Louis?). OL and OLB will be taken in the first two rounds.
Old 04-26-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Fleener/ Quick or McNutt/Ronnell Lewis/ and Broyles in 4a.
Old 04-26-2012   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Trade up to early 20's for DeCastro, or Trade back, that's what I want.

Won't happen though
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2012   #8
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Adding both Randle and Childs would be amazing.

Going to war with Schaub and/or Yates plus Andre, Foster/Tate, Daniels, Randle, Childs, and even Walter/Jacoby as your end of bench guys would be fantastic.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #9
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know we've got needs. I know we should address depth. I know we should be thinking about the long-term.

But what I'd like to see from the Texans, is if they draft 2 receivers within their first three picks.

I want to add two guys through the draft that has the potential to bump Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones down to our 4th & 5th receivers. Both guys are making too much money for a 4th or 5th receiver, I understand that, we'll have to cut one or both players.

But I want our offence to take a huge jump in 2012 & to do that, I think we need major upgrades at the 2nd & 3rd WR.

That's what I want, that's what would make me ecstatic about this draft.
We averaged 27 points a game before Schaub went down, why do you think we need to make a huge jump offensively? I seriously doubt anyone outside of FLoyd or Blackmon could walk in a replace KW and JJ in yr 1. Don't get me wrong I'd love to upgrade our WR position, and there are some very WRs still available.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read