Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2012   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chron Texans Slide Shows Must Stop! NOW!!

I went to the "contact us" page on chron.com and the page was invalid.... Finally I found sports@chron.com on their site, and emailed them. Instantly it was returned as un-deliverable. This is actually sad and pathetic that they are this incompetent.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #22
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I just use chron.com to line the bottom of my Angry Birds' cage.
Old 05-08-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I went to the "contact us" page on chron.com and the page was invalid.... Finally I found sports@chron.com on their site, and emailed them. Instantly it was returned as un-deliverable. This is actually sad and pathetic that they are this incompetent.
What? You think they WANT to hear you complain? That's not incompetence, that's by design. Most places just allow you to send them stuff and it all goes into the bit-bucket and no one ever reads it. The Chron goes out of its way to tell you they're not accepting your message.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as folks continue to click to those pages those clicks will be recorded, the advertisers pay by the click, and the site stays up. Quit going to the damn sites if you hate them so much. That way you know you aren't supporting them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #25
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As long as folks continue to click to those pages those clicks will be recorded, the advertisers pay by the click, and the site stays up. Quit going to the damn sites if you hate them so much. That way you know you aren't supporting them.
I would say the same thing to you and your thread about issues at 7:30am. You are still here, recording page clicks, but you tried to contact the owner and get the issue corrected.

Seems a little hypocritical to say the least.
Old 05-08-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would say the same thing to you and your thread about issues at 7:30am. You are still here, recording page clicks, but you tried to contact the owner and get the issue corrected.

Why is it hypocritical? Seems like two different issues to me.

Old 05-08-2012   #27
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, that was an apples to apples comparison.

I don't think there is a one fits all solution to a problem. But apparently you do.

Old 05-08-2012   #28
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Why is it hypocritical? Seems like two different issues to me.
Really? It looks like the exact same thing to me.
Old 05-08-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Really? It looks like the exact same thing to me.
Well, believe what you want, I don't give a ****. My point still stands, if the site irratates you that much, don't go there. I rarely if ever go to the chronicle site because it auto starts noisy talking videos. The same with the ESPN site. I go to other sites instead.

Old 05-08-2012   #30
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really can't follow this logic.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #31
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Well, believe what you want, I don't give a ****. My point still stands, if the site irratates you that much, don't go there. I rarely if ever go to the chronicle site because it auto starts noisy talking videos. The same with the ESPN site. I go to other sites instead.
Calm down old man. Go have a warm glass of milk and take a nap. You seem a little cranky. Even for your age.
Old 05-09-2012   #32
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chronicle staff are aware some people feel this way.

They are asking for feedback on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150853232647814/?notif_t=question_answer

I will ask about the contact us links.

Oh, and my blog does not have slideshows on it, FWIW.
Old 05-10-2012   #33
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep.

I haven't visited the Chron site in months for the stuff I actually enjoy -- TC and LZ's blogs -- and it's been years since I've visited for their columns and reports.
Old 05-10-2012   #34
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The Chronicle staff are aware some people feel this way.

They are asking for feedback on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150853232647814/?notif_t=question_answer

I will ask about the contact us links.

Oh, and my blog does not have slideshows on it, FWIW.
Thanks for the 'no slide show' benny TC, but what about all the footer junk? That's what gives me a rash.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read