Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Amazing Kreskin Thread...

Porky

Hall of Fame
Ok, so pretend you are the amazing Kreskin and can see into the future. What are some of the comments we will see from our estmeemed posters or the media regardless of our picks?

By midnight tonight, we will have multiple of the following no matter who the pick is -

We could have easily gotten this guy in the 2nd rd

He stinks

Why would we draft a (insert position) when we need (insert 2nd position)

Fire Kubiak/Smith/The Waterboy

He doesn't fit our defense/offense

What a wasted pick

This is a bad value

He'll be out of the league in (x) years

Am I missing anything? :kitten:

Don't forget about the spring of eternal optimism.

"OMG1"
"I can't believe he dropped!"
"Just who I wanted!"
"Texian can suck it!"
"That was exactly who we needed"

Mel Kiper who after completing a final Mock Draft states"I had them taking that guy in my earlier Mocks"

Mel Kiper who after completing a final Mock Draft states"I had them taking that guy in my earlier Mocks"

LOL. Good one.

How about guessing how many times we hear "plug and play" from Mike Mayock. I'll set the over/under at 22.5 for the weekend. Can I get any action on that? :wadepalm:

Disappointed...

Thought this was a thread on The Amazing Kreskin, which we actually watched as kiddos.

image.php

Ok, so pretend you are the amazing Kreskin and can see into the future. What are some of the comments we will see from our estmeemed posters or the media regardless of our picks?

By midnight tonight, we will have multiple of the following no matter who the pick is -

He stinks

What a wasted pick

This is a bad value

My comment I expect to be "Not my guy but a solid pick. Hope he works out."

My comment I expect to be "Not my guy but a solid pick. Hope he works out."

That's way too level-headed of you. I want to see a good knee jerk reaction like we usually have. I want to see "I'm jumping off a bridge" out of you or I for one will be highly disapointed! :)

He stinks

What a wasted pick

This is a bad value

He's only played that position for X years.

He comes from a weak conference.

He lacks a classic NFL build.

He's a workout warrior.

This always get's thrown around, "He is an amazing physical specimen". "Bubble butt" is something I have heard a lot from that one white dude who talks about combine workouts.

He stinks

What a wasted pick

This is a bad value

I know kubiaks response after the draft, id bet first words out of his mouth are gonna be "hes a great kid" "hes a stand up kid" "hes an intelligent kid" blah blah blah yeah he said that about Amobi Akoye howd that work out?!

Wades comment "this kids got a high motor which we all loved" "hes just got a nose for the football"... truth is, i think wade is a great talent recruiter so i dont mind his opinions bc hes usually right.

I could not care less about what Mel Kiper has to say bc i dont think ive ever seen any of his picks become true other than the ones everyone and their mom knows about such as Luck, RGIII, etc... i think Mayocks predictions are a little more believable due to the fact he just makes more sense as to why these teams would have them on their bored.

Kubes first words tonight - we can't believe that <insert name here> was there at #26. We had him rated much higher than that.

Rick Smith's first words - We're elated to have this young man join our team. We expect big things from him.

Kubes first words tonight - we can't believe that <insert name here> was there at #26. We had him rated much higher than that.

Rick Smith's first words - We're elated to have this young man join our team. We expect big things from him.

your inserted name is gonna be "kid" all he ever says is kid, dude HES 30 yrs old!! stop saying kid!!

I shall display my usual brilliance and thrill everyone on the board with my exceptional knowledge and wonderful posts tonight. :)

Oh yeah.....what's happening tonight anyway?

I shall display my usual brilliance and thrill everyone on the board with my exceptional knowledge and wonderful posts tonight. :)

Oh yeah.....what's happening tonight anyway?

Someone should start a drinking game to go along with the NFL draft!

After not making any draft related predictions at all, expect me to be here saying "yep, I knew it all along. That's the guy I predicted they select".

Another converted TE!?

That 6th round pick will be a day one starter.

You joke, but I have heard rumors about a TE in the 1st.

As far as reactions: WTF! Sheet! Rod damn!, cocker spaniel!, mother ducker! Why? Why? Why? AWESOME!
:kubepalm::wadepalm::vincepalm:

That should cover it!

and mine will be: HUH! Don't know any thing about him. Hope he works out. Then I will go back on TT and read what every body else thinks about him which will be the above and form an opinion.

Oh and personally I hope we trade down and get some more picks.

your inserted name is gonna be "kid" all he ever says is kid, dude HES 30 yrs old!! stop saying kid!!

Oh, get off the "kid" ****, will ya?

Here's a hint ... If you're lucky enough to get to your 50s, then you can look at people that are 20 years younger than you as "kids".

I can't for the life of me understand why some of you are bothered by something so trivial.

Every year I predict a trade down... I don't think I've ever been right.... so I'm not going to break tradition... we'll trade down, and when we don't... I'll say WTF?? Why did we take that guy, he sucks, fire Smithiak now! :kubepalm:

Every year I predict a trade down... I don't think I've ever been right.... so I'm not going to break tradition... we'll trade down, and when we don't... I'll say WTF?? Why did we take that guy, he sucks, fire Smithiak now! :kubepalm:

We traded down for Duane Brown. A homerun on every level.

"They drafted an OL, a LB, and a few WRs. Got a TE. But they are still behind the curve on those positions by losing Winston, Brisiel, Ryans, Mario, and Dreessen. This Texans team has their work cut out for them int he AFC South. They are going to be in a dog fight with the Titans."

Guarantee it. No matter what, everyone will say we lost too much ammo in the off-season to try and fill it in the draft.

The magical Titans will once again be the darling dark horse pick for analysts when they pick the AFC South all summer long.

"They drafted an OL, a LB, and a few WRs. Got a TE. But they are still behind the curve on those positions by losing Winston, Brisiel, Ryans, Mario, and Dreessen. This Texans team has their work cut out for them int he AFC South. They are going to be in a dog fight with the Titans."

Guarantee it. No matter what, everyone will say we lost too much ammo in the off-season to try and fill it in the draft.

The magical Titans will once again be the darling dark horse pick for analysts when they pick the AFC South all summer long.

There's always 2013

Well, besides the Texans who will win the division again this year, the Titans are the only other bunch resembling a football team in the AFC South. The Colts will suck, the Kittens will be in 3rd place, and the Titans will be in 2nd.

Back