Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #1
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft day 2. Who do you want?

A lot of talent left on the board. Would love to see a move like last year (trading back up into the 2nd round to get a player they like). For WR I would take Jeffery or Mcnutt in the 2nd or Broyles in the 3rd. I want to stay far away from Randle and Hill as possible.

Who do you want TT?

Last edited by VTexan; 04-27-2012 at 12:55 PM.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Draft day 2. Who do you want?

I didn't want him in the first round, but in the second, I'd like Fleener. Short of that, one of the WRs or a DT.
Old 04-27-2012   #3
since02
"Step 1"

Rep Power: 0 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02 since02

Trade up, snag randle or fleener
since02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If NT Jerel Worthy falls to us in the 2nd, I would be all over that.

NT Brandon Thompson would also be nice, WR Brian Quick seems to have a lot of potential.

OT Mitchell Schwartz would be great too. Admittedly, I like him a lot just because I love that name, Schwartz. It makes me think of Spaceballs. I'm hoping we get him in the 3rd, or from a trade up of our 3rd. If we don't get him though, then he will become my father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roommate, which makes him absolutely nothing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ__Q-_QLj4
Old 04-27-2012   #5
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

WR randle or hill
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who do I want?

Unless there's an awesome WR or G that falls, I'd go Dline. But that's just me.
Old 04-27-2012   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking for a WR. There are several and it depends on who falls to us.

I'd love to get Fleener but I don't think he's going to drop to us and I'm not sure it's worth it to trade up for him.

Other than that, I'd like OG, RT, DT, or possibly ILB. Don't know this draft well enough to target any particular guy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2012   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure if it's realistic, but I'd love to see Massie fall to us at #58.
Old 04-27-2012   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm looking for a WR. There are several and it depends on who falls to us.

I'd love to get Fleener but I don't think he's going to drop to us and I'm not sure it's worth it to trade up for him.

Other than that, I'd like OG, RT, DT, or possibly ILB. Don't know this draft well enough to target any particular guy.
I betcha there's going to be a run on WR's and T's at the top of the 2nd. Not really much to do with your post, but piggy-backed it anyway.
Old 04-27-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I betcha there's going to be a run on WR's and T's at the top of the 2nd. Not really much to do with your post, but piggy-backed it anyway.
we won't pick a wr till the early 3rd...book it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #11
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping to see a deal along the lines of us giving the Rams our 26th pick in the second round and 13th pick in the third round for the Rams' 7th pick in the second round.

At that point I'd hope the Texans take the best available of Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Rueben Randle, or Stephen Hill.
Old 04-27-2012   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I would wager that there is not one single NFL fan that doesn't want their team to trade up in the 2nd round, because they're afraid that the one they want won't be there.

I think they are staying put at 26.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #13
brad77
Rookie

Section: Sec 350 Row E
Rep Power: 274 brad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post
I'm hoping to see a deal along the lines of us giving the Rams our 26th pick in the second round and 13th pick in the third round for the Rams' 7th pick in the second round.

At that point I'd hope the Texans take the best available of Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Rueben Randle, or Stephen Hill.
I agree completely. I don't understand why there is a need to draft Fleener at this point to add depth when we have a need to fill with a solid WR2. Right now we are going to be in trouble if we loose Andre again. I would like to see the Texans pick up another guy that is big and physical like Andre. What better mentor for a guy like Hill than AJ.

I hope to see some movement toward a big physical receiver in the next round. I think that Brisell was undrafted, and we picked up Meyers late, like in the 5th round. Why would we draft these positions so early? Please someone help me to understand why we should draft depth at tight end or at oline before we address our need for targets down field. I ask this because I have seen alot of folks say they wanted to see fleener drafted in the first round.
brad77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we won't pick a wr till the early 3rd...book it.
I'm saying 4th. I want NT Brandon Thompson #58 and Derek Wolfe #76 to replace Cody and Smith 2013.

4 a OT/OG Zebrie Sanders 4b Ryan Broyles.

WR will be hit hard today.
Old 04-27-2012   #15
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post

At that pace, the rams will end up with every pick in the last 2 rounds...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad77 View Post
I agree completely. I don't understand why there is a need to draft Fleener at this point to add depth when we have a need to fill with a solid WR2. Right now we are going to be in trouble if we loose Andre again. I would like to see the Texans pick up another guy that is big and physical like Andre. What better mentor for a guy like Hill than AJ.

I hope to see some movement toward a big physical receiver in the next round. I think that Brisell was undrafted, and we picked up Meyers late, like in the 5th round. Why would we draft these positions so early? Please someone help me to understand why we should draft depth at tight end or at oline before we address our need for targets down field. I ask this because I have seen alot of folks say they wanted to see fleener drafted in the first round.
Obviously you know little about Fleener? WHile he is listed as a TE he is WR in our system, bigger and faster than Andre Johnson who could in two years move AJ to WR2. If not, he is definitely a WR2. If there #58, trumps ever WR available.

Also Myers was a trade pick up from Denver we got for a 6th. Best trade Texans ever made.
Old 04-27-2012   #17
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

In order of preference:

Amini Silatolu
Derek Wolfe
Mohammed Sanu
Alshon Jeffrey
Old 04-27-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad77 View Post

Because Fleener's not depth. He's an immediate starter.

Last season, we played 2, 3, and 4 TE sets probably more than any other team in the league. We started at least 5 games in a 2 TE set. But if you limit yourself to thinking "this guy is a TE", then you're missing the point.

Fleener, like Casey and OD, can line up in a variety of places. He can line up as a TE or he can split out and become a WR. He can probably fill an H-back position. He creates match-up problems that Kubiak can use in his formations.

He, effectively, becomes our WR2.

Last year, we had Dreessen in that role. He's gone. Right this second, we've got Garrett Graham taking Dreessen's spot but Garrett Graham hasn't stepped up so far and lived up to his "second coming of OD" billing.

With Fleener, we immediately upgrade Dreesen's position at least from an athletic standpoint. Fleener may well be a better TE option than OD even when OD is healthy.

BUT... I expect Fleener to go to the Colts at this point.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
In order of preference:

Amini Silatolu
Derek Wolfe
Mohammed Sanu
Alshon Jeffrey
Something like this for me too. Maybe if Bobby Massie falls. Or Jared Crick. Tons of good players still available and we're assured two of them.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go O line first if there's a good one avaliable. After that a good WR if there is one avaliable worth the pick. After that, BPA. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read